Dirt Rally 2.0 and Simucube 2

Settings to follow soon.

3 Likes

in game directory
input directory
device_defines.xml

after <!– comments –>
add these lines:

<device id="{0D6116D0-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" name="simucube2sport" priority="100" type="wheel" official="false" />
  <device id="{0D6016D0-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" name="simucube2pro" priority="100" type="wheel" official="false" />
  <device id="{0D5F16D0-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" name="simucube2ultimate" priority="100" type="wheel" official="false" />

2 Likes

2 Likes

I could not verify the game actually working, as it just hung up on me at the splash screen. “Press Enter or Start” and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

I can confirm SC2 works well with Dirt Rally 2 thanks to the lines reported above,

1 Like

Do you have a profile? Or are you using the default?

Weird buzzing from the motor when in the menu and wheel wants to turn right with low force otherwise it feels ok

1 Like

default profile, settings can be found here DiRT RALLY 2.0 and SimuCUBE in the post of herve45, only difference is suspensions for me at 100

1 Like

My last settings at 12A

Hi Mika,
I had the same issue with my Simucube I a few days ago … I thought it was a typo in the one of the modified files - I also changed the file that contains the controls - after I checked my local files in steam one corrupt one was overwritten and after adding the device definition again it was ok.
It turned out that there was an issue with „, as this character exists in two different ‚versions‘, and at least for me the browser used the wrong version.

For me this happens without adding anything to the xml file, and verifying steam files does not help. Even after removing all usb devices, it just doesn’t start.

tried running it as admin ? could help

Tried, no help. Other people seem to have the same issue on Codemasters forum with no solutions offered…

have you by any chance disabled windows page file ?

No, I do have page file turned on.

I can confirm the same noise in the menu.
It does not respond to any settings on TD software.
Otherwise DR2 has crap FFB, but the SC2 does well with it.

If it is present on other wheels, then it is nothing to worry about…just another codemasters bug.
Unfortunately i can not confirm, i got no other wheels to try this, and i think most non DD wheels will not have the definition for a high freuquency noise like that anyway.

I literally can’t get any FFB to come through my wheel with DR2.

Even with the default profile in TD, the feedback is completely absent.

I finally managed to make the game start on my PC.

There is just no road feeling at all in this title, just random vibrations. Worse FFB ever. Hopefully they will improve it still.

2 Likes

Hi mika how did you do it? I am like you at the beginning screen blocked on the credits impossible pressed on start