SC2 Batch 4 Updates

While it did seem ‘painless’ it was not without any preparation…

I emailed a number of dealers and weighed a few different approaches, but with a little research its apparent which one should earn the business and which shouldn’t.

Sometimes transparency (i.e. not taking orders until stock is available, communicating clearly and concisely via email, etc) and just plain old ‘honey’ (vs vinegar which it seems a lot of the enthusiasts turned shop keeps turn into) gets you the $$$. It just so happens to be the one with the best customer service, also seems to get the most stock. :slight_smile:

Not quite sure on what message you are trying to convey.
Everyone should order from SRB and screw everyone else?
Why on Earth bother with building international dealer network and advising customers ordering locally?
Name me at least one benefit of going this route, except getting later batch product with more fixes implemented.

Nah I think you need to get off your high horse and come back to reality.

Not sure what you’re trying insinuate or what words you’re trying to put in my post but if you read the post I was merely reporting my experience ordering this fine premium , but EXCLUSIVE product.

One benefit? I’m driving on it now; improving My lap times - in less than a week from purchase.

So to answer your asinine question : you should order from the place you feel earns the business.

Makes sense ?

First, you were not even answering the stock distribution question that was addressed to GD team, not you.
Second, resorting to personal attack, not sure why, did we have history, I see that you are new here, somewhere else perhaps?

Wow, that escalated quickly. Let’s keep it friendly guys. I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding so let’s just move along. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Ok, this is how I see it happens.

A distributor receives their units based on order of who made payment first. I think that people who take preorders are maybe using the customer payments to pay for their order because they don’t have the collateral to pay them self’s. So, they have to sell all of their preorders in the site before they can pay for the assignment they have agreed to with GD. Because of this they receive there shipment of units later than those that just paid upfront of orders taken.

Now I could be way off here but this is how I see it probably happens.

3 Likes

I ordered from Augury, because the combo they’re selling with an F1S wheel from Simulaje was very sexy to my eyes!
They’ve been (David and Jose) very quick to answer my various questions and very helpful too.

I sent a mail to Fanatec 2 months ago and I’m still waiting for an answer ^^

you are some lucky guys being in those last batches, I was in batch #2 and waited 3 whole months before receiving my sc2 sport. ordered from simtag, they are based in belgium - near zolder track by the way - and i live in italy, so i can’t say i get it from a “local” dealer, but anyway the whole buying process and post-sell support was fantastic, they are some great people to deal with.

2 Likes

I mailed Simtag for an invoice for a SC2 Sport yesterday and just got the confirmation that the unit is already send to me, got my UPS tracking etc.

Timea from Simtag has been very helpful and informative during the whole ordering process.

I have to note that my unit was in stock which is the reason they could send it so quick. But if it’s not in stock they can give you an estimated delivery time and after they’re in you can place your order.

Simtag is for sure recommended.

2 Likes

Hi GD team !

I purchased a “Pro” unit the 11 september at JCL (in France).
I called JCL but the girl on the phone said that she did not have response from Granite about the order (still waiting for news on this side) ?

I would very much like to know how long will it take to have my order ? Thx

Cheers !
Denis

Okay, great news guys!
Just got the notification that Augury got my SC2 Pro and TNT is actually already delivering it. I should get it come friday the 25th!!!

So no delay after all! ^^ It’ll be delivered even earlier than planned!

1 Like

I am also waiting from Augury but no notification for me yet…

O.K. Just got the email. Mine will be delivered 30th.

1 Like

GD Team could you please give us an update on ‘Batch 4’ as HRS still haven’t heard anything but everyone else has seemed to got there’s or have tracking info

2 Likes

Mine from Augury will be delivered the 28th!

godd idea…I have no news from JCL (and GD)

1 Like

Any news? Waiting for a b4 from Sim racing tech.

I presume you mean Simtech racing? The SC2 units were passing through Poland earlier today I was told. Not sure what a “B4” is though.

Some updates would be nice. I have one on order through HRS and hoping the wheel bases will leave granite soon.

Do they give preference to certain dealers? Ive seen them in stock ready to ship from Simracing Bay a couple of times.

Yeah well it seems that way, pretty frustrating tbh :frowning:

1 Like

To be honest, I think they are shipping as the make them. It’s still early days for Granite making a product that is so very popular. It would be pointless shipping out smaller amounts to each resellers as shipping would cost a lot for them sending them all out in tiny batches. I’m sure there will be a day that all retailers will carry stock at some point. Fanatec are also struggling to keep up with demand so this isn’t just SC2. I think we will just have to be patient as much as it pains me.