SC 2 Pro - Losing FFB mid corner for 1-2 sec

It is a standard USB A to USB B cord. Nothing special in that.

Ok. The only other USB cord I have with that configuration is from Apple MacBook Pro. Ok to try that?

I don’t think Apple laptops come with this type of cable.

Sorry…my mistake. I meant the USB cable I use between my MacBook Pro and my HP Printer – it has the same USB A to B configuration. So technically, it came from HP…ok to use that one? I can confirm the cord endings match the one I was using from SC…

@Churbo3 Yes, that will be fine to test with that cable. It is surprising over the years how many usb cables have been issues for guys.

You can find some recommendations here Simucube 2 - Supplied USB cable

Thank you for that. I was able to find a HP Printer Cable that matched the USB A to USB B terminals…am testing the base with that now.

UPDATE AS WELL… I have just run USBDeview to identify any ‘leftover’ USB connections from the past, and I double checked in my Device Manager that the ‘Allow Windows to Turn off Power to USB Device’ is UNCHECKED for all my USB devices.

The Device list looks clean, and all USB peripherals seem to be running/connecting correctly…now performing some on track tests to verify.

Also to note, NO DEVICES are being run through a USB powered hub – all devices are connected directly to the PC MoBo ports. Will report back if I experience additional FFB cuts…

1 Like

Looking forward to your feedback, as this one has all of us a bit stumped.

Well…that didn’t take long…just ran a test with 992 GT3R at Road America in a Test Drive on iRacing – and I did experience one loss of FFB in Turn 1 – same as before. I can still report that the FFB cuts/clips are much less frequent – that was only 1 clip in the test – but still mid-corner and surprising/jarrring.

I was testing with the new USB cord and ‘cleaned up’ device manager USB settings…

So I think we can rule out USB Settings or USB cord as the culprit…but the problem persists…

Will keep testing and report back anything else I learn/find…but still stumped here too!

2 Likes

Although i doubt it will fix your problem , since it is so peculiar, it would not hurt to disable usb selective suspend https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-disable-usb-selective-suspend-in-windows/

Yes. I can confirm that I have unselected that option on ALL usb connections.

I also used USBDeview to audit and uninstall any legacy/leftover USB connections.

I then removed and cleared ALL USB connections except for Keyboard and Mouse.

Doublechecked in USBDeview and Device Manager that only the keyboard and mouse were connected and nothing else was “hidden”

I then rebooted the system. Shut it down and reconnected the pedals, base and wheel using powered USB 3.0 ports on MoBo (Red and Blue) as well as a couple other devices I use for racing — Stream Deck + and a 2ndary keyboard.

I checked connections and settings in USBDeview and Device manager to confirm everything was connected directly and correctly.

I also replaced the USB cord between PC and DD Base.

NO devices are run through and external powered USB hub.

Ran another test drive at a different track and car combo — and the Base still cut FFB.

So problem persists. Less frequent and more random when/where…

But USB audit and checks and cord replacement seems to rule out USB ports or cord as the cause.

Also can confirm my MoBo BIOS is the latest version with Correct Agesa drivers/chipset installed.

Still stumped…:face_with_spiral_eyes::face_with_spiral_eyes::face_with_spiral_eyes:

Hmm, that rang a bell, there was an issue with AMD chipsets https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/m2wqkf/updated_agesa_coming_for_intermittent_usb/
Which based on some posts in the linked thread wasn’t completely fixed by update.
And another one
AGESA 1.2.0.2 not fixing USB problems in my X570 5... - AMD Community
and another
Re: Intermittent USB 2.0 connection on AGESA 1.2.0... - AMD Community

Looks like the workaround was to switch PCIE to gen3. May be something worth trying.

I don’t know if this could be caused by electricity. Is your wall socket grounded ? Are you perhaps using any surge protector , or ups ? Could you tell me once more what firmware you are using atm since it all started after the firmware update.

Firmware is in the screenshot way at the top of this thread. It’s the latest that auto install with TD software update.

I have tested different outlets. Don’t think it’s a power source issue. Plugs are grounded. No surge protector or power backup supply unit.

1 Like

I went through all the BIOS and Agesa issues a year ago when this problem happened on another SC base. My understanding is MSI issued a BIOS update that addressed the issue. I ran that BIOS version for over a year without any USB issues. Remember this problem appeared this time after updating the TrueDrive software that forced a firmware update.

Nonetheless, as part of this round of troubleshooting, I flashed and updated my BIOS to the most recent version. So think we can rule out BIOS or Agesa as the culprit.

Still stumped.

1 Like

I don’t know how to do this. Do you have a link with instructions? YT video?

Haven’t read all the messages, there seems to be 110 messages in this discussion. Just to remind or to point out that as long as you’re not contacting our customer support directly, you’re not actually receiving official support answers and/or official support solutions to consider. This discussion forum is not the offical way to get product support from us.

Yes. Well aware that this is not official support channel.

I have opened a ticket with customer support. Last week. I have not yet had ANY official response from SimuCube Customer support on this matter. Just an acknowledgment of receiving my support ticket.

So my only recourse in the meantime is to try the troubleshooting ideas offered here.

Perhaps when SC customer support observes a customer in here with a difficult and unresolved issue (100+ messages) that would be an opportunity to ESCALATE and EXPEDITE the matter for a speedy resolution.

I don’t wish to be critical of SC customer support. I want to give them an opportunity to address the matter…but the silence and delayed responses have been noticeable. :man_shrugging:

I can google for you but don’t know your MB model and use Intel myself. Check BIOS manual.