rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

the correct line is : “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default”:1440, “Steering Wheel Software Rotation” is set as true by default.

You’re right. Anyhow, it worked for him so all is well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any better profiles than the default one in the TrueDriver software? Or is the default one good enough when creating a new rFactor2 profile?

For R3E, I downloaded a customized profile from the thread linked from the TrueDrive software, but in this there is none.

Recently bough rFactor 2. :slight_smile:

Go 6 posts up from yours and you will see the settings posted by Exact-Performance.

They would be a great baseline to start from and then you can modify those to your taste.

Haha, did see his screenshot, but I totally missed the settings in that picture. X)

No problem :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, make sure to start off by using the correct .json files that were posted by Mika here:
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/rfactor-2-and-simucube-2/2975/102?u=esxpaul

1 Like

Yep, but that file is not fully updated if you want set maximum steering wheel degree.
Hence 1440 degrees. But I guess it does not matter if you are not driving cars with bigger wheel rotation than 900 degrees. :grin:

Very true. I use that file but had to go in and edit it to get the 1440 degree rotation as you said.

I get torque-limit warnings (audiable) quite frequently with his settings.
But maybe it is because he is using a SC2 Ultimate version (I am using a Pro version).

I am not sure if this is normal and I should continue drive, or I should tweak any settings.

1 Like

me too on Sport, in particular when hitting bumps and curbs, at the point that I stopped driving rf2 fearing it was causing some damages to the servo

Those noises don’t matter and can’t hurt the product.

I’ve asked Mika and he confirmed, also Beano confirmed this in another thread.

Hopefully!
I am always worried when you are running hardware outside their limits. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you get constant torque limit warnings, I’d adjust the settings to a lower value so you don’t get the warnings.

Previous post I was referring to this:

Actually, that is not the sound described in the link, have not heard that. What I mean is the torque limit warning sound (which you can turn off in TrueDrive). :slight_smile:

It’s unlikely he uses 1 ffb on all cars, if any. It will most likely cause clipping.
RF2 is very inconsistent in FFB levels across cars, so you’ve gotta adjust.

I had this when I tried “exactperformance” settings. Nm’s in TD were to low, so I set 25nm (max on sc2 pro) and then lowered ffb multiplier value per car in settings to 0.50 and started testing. No more beeping.

1 Like

Thanks, I will see what I can do with multiplier.
Maybe I should have bought the Ultimate anyway. :grin:

I use the file provided her but get vert high ffb spikes on kerbs and off track so its undrivable any thing i can adjust?

You could go into the .json file to check and possibly lower the “off road multiplier” setting. It could well be set too high for your taste.

Earlier on in this thread @Loukas_Bourdas has made some very good recommendations that you can use.

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/rfactor-2-and-simucube-2/2975/60?u=esxpaul

I forgot to mention that you should also follow the instructions from @morOSWer to make sure you are editing the file under the correct conditions. Posted here:

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/rfactor-2-and-simucube-2/2975/66?u=esxpaul

2 Likes

Since recently rFactor 2 seems to “lose” FFB when jumping into the car from the pits. I have to get out and get in once or twice until FFB works.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is this related to rF2 or the updated SC2 firmware?