rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

well, it seems like the ffb is improved for sure.

Anyone know what line to change for chill down the vibration on the locking of tires? (JSON file)

Or general vibration effects?

I don’t know, but for sure those default profiles doesn’t feel too good to me.
for anyone interested, those are my settings :
TD : rF2_2020.09.05_18.15.ini.txt (875 Bytes)
Controller profile : Simucube 2 Sport 5-9-20.JSON.txt (35.3 KB)
as you see, I’m on Sport so the profile has 17nm of max torque, I guess with Pro/Ultimate you just need to edit that value. auto-rotation is already set, just load it and map inputs.

5 Likes

Cheers ill give em a try. Not sure what diffrent inn the json file from pro to sport. Probely minimal

Release of Build 1121

We have new controller profiles for:

• Simucube 2 Sport;
  • Simucube 2 Pro;
  • Simucube 2 Ultimate;
5 Likes

@SuperMonaco_GP your settings are just amazing…Just replace max torque 17 by 25 for SC2 PRO user. Everything is smoother.
I already use your AMS2 settings. It’s fine too.
Great job.
Thx.

3 Likes

Hello,
with my SC2 pro, for a few days now, I have had the impression of having a very high steering ratio, as with a truck. I have made a lot of fiddling with the settings and I can no longer find the direct steering as before!
Thank you.

Have 1440 but some report that after the latest update. it shall be 1080. What are your settings?

I have 1440, since always.

Have followed this under ”Software Wheel Rotation Explained” and never had any issues so far.

https://www.studio-397.com/2018/11/roadmap-update-november-2018/

Not sure if this is still valid after the latest update since there are now SC2 default profiles.

1080 is just the value of dor in last control.json file for sc2.
You can set any value you want though

1 Like

Hello, I’m trying to setup RF2 for the first time with a sc2 pro. I managed to get the wheel binding to work. But in game the wheel always wants to hunt for a lock stop. I.E. I will be in the pits and if you move the wheel slightly off centre it will rotate on it’s own to the wheel stop. If you move it back, it will move at speed on its own to the other wheel stop. It’s undrivable on track.

Something I have set must be way out. I had to increase the inertia so the wheel wouldn’t bounce from end stop to end stop when the car is sitting stationary in the pits

You have to load the wheel profile ingame for your wheel. It seems that your ffb is inverted

Yes I suppose that sounds right it does feel inverted. How do I load the profile. I thought the latest version of RF2 now recognises simucube 2?

ingame go to settings -> controls and press the load button , then find the profile for your wheel and load it and then bind whatever you need. An other option before doing so would be to edit in your existing “rfactor 2 folder” -> userdata -> player -> Controller.Json with a notepad and check if it has the correct value “Steering effects strength”:-10000, (if you try this way make sure the game and the launcher is closed , if not; any change made in this json will not stick) . And a third option would be to download the json from https://www.dropbox.com/s/vv68vz8g7gq7lyk/Simucube2_rfactor2_json_files_rev3.zip?dl=0 or from someone else and put it inside “rfactor 2 folder” -> userdata -> controller , and then load that ingame. I believe that you will sort it out. Ofc you could try this aswell if you don’t like the way the wheel works : rFactor 2 and Simucube 2 from SuperMonaco_GP

1 Like

I’d suggest those settings rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your settings! Just out of curiosity, are you using the new/most recent Simucube 2 JSON file as your base profile and then made edits to that file? Or, did you skip the most recent JSON file altogether?

1 Like

I’m using the rev3 files posted by Mika and just edited a couple of values, tried the new one but found it really bad.

1 Like

I came across this YouTube video and thought it was worth sharing in case anyone wanted to try something different. There is a JSON file in the video’s description to pair with the True Drive settings shown on screen. It’s a bit confusing (unless you speak Italian), but YouTube’s subtitle translation works OK.

https://youtu.be/s3Pa0wUYFDY?t=665

2 Likes

Forgot to add my true drive settings for SC2 pro in case someone is interested

• reconstruction filter 5
  • torque bandwidth limited at unlimited
  • all the fine tuning stuff at zero.

As for RF2 settings:

FFB 0.12-0.15 depending on car

(Test drive tracks Sebring 12 hrs and cote d’azur)

Edit: added screenshots

1 Like

steering rate only affects digital gamepads, it has no effect on steering wheels.