rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

can you post your simucube settings ?

so has anyone actually tried to do what I wrote in the post above?
it solved any issue for rf2 ffb for me.

Do you feel difference from -10000 to -9000 ?

1 Like

Yes but the main point was dividing torque capability by 10, so that on Sport I am using 1.7 instead of 17.
It literally changed the game.

Direct friction effect is not being used , not a problem but doesnā€™t really do anything at 8%.

Can you try with ultra low latency off for starters ?

Hello GD I just loaded rf2 did you have to load a jason file or does rf2 work with sc2 once loaded?

you have to download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/vv68vz8g7gq7lyk/Simucube2_rfactor2_json_files_rev3.zip?dl=0 and put it inside the folder with the other profiles and load it ingame and map your keys

1 Like

is there somewhere on this site to tell me exactly how to do this? and do I need to update my sc2 cause Iā€™m still on version 10. I havenā€™t used my sc2 in a few months so Iā€™m out of touch, trying to get this loaded so I can play formula e

Anyone here racing with the Formula E car if so whatā€™s your settings?

You can try these that supermonaco_gp posted rFactor 2 and Simucube 2 follow the instructions from his link

Thanks for the help bro, running sweet. :slightly_smiling_face:

FYI i got stuttering in Rfactor2 when using the Rev3 Controller settings (Simucube Pro) and found out that it was the following setting:

"Use thread":true,
"Use thread#":"Use a separate thread to issue FFB commands which may block with some drivers"

Changing this to false solved the issue for me.

1 Like

Not familiar with Rev3 what does it do?

It is the Controller.json provided for Rfactor 2 by Mika

I think these should be included in the rFactor2 now - no need to install anything.

5 Likes

I just installed it recently and no SC2 json profiles in controller folder.

Anyone wants to share there currently used settings for the Sport version? :slightly_smiling_face:

• True drive
  • controller.json
  • ingame settings (calibrate)

Now using a mix for ultimate, pro, sport settings etc. But somehow i canā€™t get the right FFB feeling.
Some cars feel great, but others feels like a dead/low ffb when driving/steering them.
Itā€™s like driving on ice.

Iā€™ve been playing RF2 this last couple of days. I had not tried it since I upgraded from a T300 to a SC2 Sport. Of all the games I have, I think itā€™s the one that benefits the most from a strong DD wheel. But, in my opinion, everything in the default settings needs to be toned down.

By default FFB is brutal and I think there is actually too much detail. In particular, high-frequency bumps feel too strong. VIR (a track where I have spent a lot of time) does not feel nearly as bumpy in real life as it does in the game, even with a hard suspension.

So here is what I do:

• Set damping/inertia/friction at 20-25% to slow down the wheel.
  • Set the Force Reconstruction Filter at 5-6 for a smoother feel.
  • Use the in-game car-specific multiplier to adjust the overall strength (I guess itā€™s equivalent to the gain setting in other games). I usually have it between 0.35 and 0.4.
  • Iā€™m using the Sport json file without any change.

Iā€™m still experimenting with the torque bandwidth limit. I guess it could help filter out high-frequency bumps.

With these settings, the wheel is still extremely lively, driving is still quite a work-out, and the effect of kerbing (especially in the uphill esses) feels about right.

I have to say I wasnā€™t too impressed by RF2 with the T300, but with the SC2 itā€™s probably the most involving simulator I have tried.

5 Likes

new rF2 build
1 2

does anybody knows if those profiles only provide input mapping or also ffb optimization, apart from the correct max torque value?

5 Likes