rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

I have a question I’m new to rFactor2 and I have a SC2 Pro wheel and I’m trying to get my ffb dialed in. When I’m driving into a corner with a nice amount of speed and and I hit my brake while turning the wheel the ffb pulls aggressively to the opposite side that I’m turning do any of you have this pull? If so is there a setting to eliminate it or tone it down some.

Hi GEEDOGG04
The only thing i can think off is in your user data ini

On your PC go to Program Files(x86)
steam/steam apps/common/rf2/userdata/player/controller.JSON…then scroll down to the line that says Steering effects strength":- 10000,
make sure the minus sign is there it is just before the 10000 if not there add it exit and save
Let me know if it fixes the prob
regards denis

well after finally get RF2 properly setup, WOW!!! its blown me away. still have some room to improve the FFB to my preference but im hooked !!!

2 Likes

as Bluey has advised, i had the same issue. my wheel would go completely crazy.

what json file and true drive settings are you using mate?

@Mika turns out you were right : following the advice I found on this page (https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/rfactor2) I set the steer torque capability to 1.7 instead of 17 as suggested for sc2 sport, also lowered steer effect strenght from -10000 to -9000. with those values, ffb is millions times better now, finally clear and fully communicative as it should be, with any car that feels alive and not a brick with ton heavy wheels… don’t know if steer torque should be 2.5 for pro and 3.2 for ultimate, but I can tell with 1.7 on the sport it is now another whole game. I’m using TD default rf2 profile by the way.

edit : this was the 397th post in this thread, I’ll leave it here…

4 Likes

Thanks for the info but the minus sign was already in front of the 10000. Everything feels good except when I have a nice amount of speed going and I’m turning the wheel and then apply the brake. It feels like the wheel is trying to counter steer.

@GEEDOGG04 can you take a look at the .json file that you are currently using and compare with below. The file can be found in the Controller folder:

“Force Feedback”:{
“Brake effects on steer axis”:0,
“Brake effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Brake effects strength”:0,
“Brake effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Brake spring coefficient”:0.3,
“Brake spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Brake spring saturation”:1,
“Brake spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,

2 Likes

the brake effects match the settings in your post.

HI GEEDOGG04
Try Brake effects on steer axis ":1 see if that makes it any better …not sure if that will help but worth a try

can you post your simucube settings ?

so has anyone actually tried to do what I wrote in the post above?
it solved any issue for rf2 ffb for me.

Do you feel difference from -10000 to -9000 ?

1 Like

Yes but the main point was dividing torque capability by 10, so that on Sport I am using 1.7 instead of 17.
It literally changed the game.

Direct friction effect is not being used , not a problem but doesn’t really do anything at 8%.

Can you try with ultra low latency off for starters ?

Hello GD I just loaded rf2 did you have to load a jason file or does rf2 work with sc2 once loaded?

you have to download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/vv68vz8g7gq7lyk/Simucube2_rfactor2_json_files_rev3.zip?dl=0 and put it inside the folder with the other profiles and load it ingame and map your keys

1 Like

is there somewhere on this site to tell me exactly how to do this? and do I need to update my sc2 cause I’m still on version 10. I haven’t used my sc2 in a few months so I’m out of touch, trying to get this loaded so I can play formula e

Anyone here racing with the Formula E car if so what’s your settings?