rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

just DL rf2 and having the same issue , seems to be a delay to inputs and steering not sync

1 Like

so i managed to get RF2 working now!! can any advice if the direct effects impact the FFB in this game at all?

1 Like

how have you fixed the rotation issue?

Steering rate must be at o%.

1 Like

isnā€™t that setting just for gamepads?

Yeah, and by the way, all that partā€™s gone in the new interface.

1 Like

10 recon filter? you basically flatten any ffb detail to 0, also what is the number next to the steering wheel range ingame (the one in brackets)?

Default ingame car Wheel range. 10 recon because lower is broke my table with strong vibration under braking. This value variable from carā€¦ Also we need controllable feedback for not loosing car control because of feedbackā€¦

hi all, last days I tried to finally get a somehow satisfactory ffb out of rf2, but I still canā€™t feel any kind of lateral load, as well as under or over steer.
I just feel the tyres, no sense of chassis movement like for example in ac or acc. I can also barely feel the grip limit, but I mostly drive by visual cues, mostly on the gt3/gte cars.
ingame I tried to use smoothing level at 0, which gave me a bit more detail but made the ffb too harsh and spiky ; in TD I am using the default profile for rf2, just lowered recon at 3 and set ULL at 10% to have a better and more rubbery feel.
as controller Iā€™m using the json rev 3 provided here by Mika.
any kind of advice would be really helpful.
thank all :slight_smile:

It might be useful to set the motor torque capability to 17 Nm or even below that. It seems that rFactor2 physics work in ways where that number affects more things than expected.

2 Likes

I have a question Iā€™m new to rFactor2 and I have a SC2 Pro wheel and Iā€™m trying to get my ffb dialed in. When Iā€™m driving into a corner with a nice amount of speed and and I hit my brake while turning the wheel the ffb pulls aggressively to the opposite side that Iā€™m turning do any of you have this pull? If so is there a setting to eliminate it or tone it down some.

Hi GEEDOGG04
The only thing i can think off is in your user data ini

On your PC go to Program Files(x86)
steam/steam apps/common/rf2/userdata/player/controller.JSONā€¦then scroll down to the line that says Steering effects strength":- 10000,
make sure the minus sign is there it is just before the 10000 if not there add it exit and save
Let me know if it fixes the prob
regards denis

well after finally get RF2 properly setup, WOW!!! its blown me away. still have some room to improve the FFB to my preference but im hooked !!!

2 Likes

as Bluey has advised, i had the same issue. my wheel would go completely crazy.

what json file and true drive settings are you using mate?

@Mika turns out you were right : following the advice I found on this page (https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/rfactor2) I set the steer torque capability to 1.7 instead of 17 as suggested for sc2 sport, also lowered steer effect strenght from -10000 to -9000. with those values, ffb is millions times better now, finally clear and fully communicative as it should be, with any car that feels alive and not a brick with ton heavy wheelsā€¦ donā€™t know if steer torque should be 2.5 for pro and 3.2 for ultimate, but I can tell with 1.7 on the sport it is now another whole game. Iā€™m using TD default rf2 profile by the way.

edit : this was the 397th post in this thread, Iā€™ll leave it hereā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks for the info but the minus sign was already in front of the 10000. Everything feels good except when I have a nice amount of speed going and Iā€™m turning the wheel and then apply the brake. It feels like the wheel is trying to counter steer.

@GEEDOGG04 can you take a look at the .json file that you are currently using and compare with below. The file can be found in the Controller folder:

ā€œForce Feedbackā€:{
ā€œBrake effects on steer axisā€:0,
ā€œBrake effects on steer axis#ā€:ā€œ0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.ā€,
ā€œBrake effects strengthā€:0,
ā€œBrake effects strength#ā€:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
ā€œBrake spring coefficientā€:0.3,
ā€œBrake spring coefficient#ā€:ā€œStatic spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)ā€,
ā€œBrake spring saturationā€:1,
ā€œBrake spring saturation#ā€:ā€œStatic spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)ā€,

2 Likes

the brake effects match the settings in your post.

HI GEEDOGG04
Try Brake effects on steer axis ":1 see if that makes it any better ā€¦not sure if that will help but worth a try