rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

hi mika all of sudden i have a problem with rf2 when at bathurst track and run over the curbs .ie last chicane first corner in gt3 cars the wheel turns hard left and will not return and in TD it goes to Read-only safe profile and high torque mode is disabled and in the Info tab shows created ffb effects shows PeriodicSine and have to reset the device state …i have to get out of the game and reset TD to get the game to work again …when in the game i tried resetting the E-stop but that did not help wheel always over to the hard left…Mika i was driving yesterday and this was not a problem on the same track same car for 3 hours…now when i drive today this happens all the time on high curbs … i am at a loss why this is happening now…regards denis…i have sc2pro

Do you have both PSU’s still connected? can you verify that?

hi mika one psu was not showing a blue light …so i unplug from power at the wall and plugged in again and the blue light came on …that is strange why would the blue light go out …will do some more driving and let you know if that fixed the problem…could it be a faulty psu? Mika just had a 10 minute drive and all good … Why would the blue light go out, as it was firmly plugged in at the wall power point

2 Likes

@Mika first thanks for all the efforts and all those involved, packed in those .json files.
I got my SC2Pro a few days ago and would like to give those settings a try. As concerning files i am a total noob, so if you or anybody in here could help me out with my following questions:

1.) can i place that json file without renaming it into the rfactor/user folder ? (but how does the soft know that this is now the actual file to use ?)
2.) do i have to open an existing json file (and if yes, which one ?) and then copy/paste the code inside that one from the file you zipped ?

Sorry seem way noob, but want to try that out, as my rfactor centering is totally off … means its not focused on centering the wheel its just the opposite. Its quiet heavy to keep it centered. On Assetto Corsa its fine and fun.

Anyhow i‘d really appreciate the input of all of you‘z.

Cheers
Mike

@EMS
In controller.json, which you can find in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player folder, adjust the “Steering Wheel Software Rotation” to 1440 and “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” to true.
Save the file.

In rF2, go to Options - Controls, and there you can load the Simucube2Pro.json rev3, which you’ve copied into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Controller, the rev3 file you can download on here.

Assign additional buttons. Make sure there are no steering aids selected, within the options. Save.

In TrueDrive, add the rF2 settings, and adjust to your liking.

Off you go.

5 Likes

Thank you for your time and your precise description. Worked perfect !

1 Like

the correct line is : “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default”:1440, “Steering Wheel Software Rotation” is set as true by default.

You’re right. Anyhow, it worked for him so all is well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any better profiles than the default one in the TrueDriver software? Or is the default one good enough when creating a new rFactor2 profile?

For R3E, I downloaded a customized profile from the thread linked from the TrueDrive software, but in this there is none.

Recently bough rFactor 2. :slight_smile:

Go 6 posts up from yours and you will see the settings posted by Exact-Performance.

They would be a great baseline to start from and then you can modify those to your taste.

Haha, did see his screenshot, but I totally missed the settings in that picture. X)

No problem :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, make sure to start off by using the correct .json files that were posted by Mika here:
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/rfactor-2-and-simucube-2/2975/102?u=esxpaul

1 Like

Yep, but that file is not fully updated if you want set maximum steering wheel degree.
Hence 1440 degrees. But I guess it does not matter if you are not driving cars with bigger wheel rotation than 900 degrees. :grin:

Very true. I use that file but had to go in and edit it to get the 1440 degree rotation as you said.

I get torque-limit warnings (audiable) quite frequently with his settings.
But maybe it is because he is using a SC2 Ultimate version (I am using a Pro version).

I am not sure if this is normal and I should continue drive, or I should tweak any settings.

1 Like

me too on Sport, in particular when hitting bumps and curbs, at the point that I stopped driving rf2 fearing it was causing some damages to the servo

Those noises don’t matter and can’t hurt the product.

I’ve asked Mika and he confirmed, also Beano confirmed this in another thread.

Hopefully!
I am always worried when you are running hardware outside their limits. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you get constant torque limit warnings, I’d adjust the settings to a lower value so you don’t get the warnings.

Previous post I was referring to this: