iRacing and Simucube 2

Why do you think that the real forces were like Pro on 100%?

Its way less in real cars, but we only have wheel forces to determine what the car does. So with more strength you get more info because you get little details more clear

GD Staff recommends Ultra Low Latency for iRacing around 10 - 15%, somewhere here in the forums.

Sorry, I’ve not fully understood your question. But my understanding of how everything works is as follows:

iRacing determines how much torque should be applied to the in sim steering column. This is then mapped proportionately to our SC2 dependant on our settings. With a “max force” setting off 70nm we are telling iRacing we’re happy for it to simulate forces on the in sim steering column of up to 70nm but clip anything above. But we’ve also told iRacing that our SC2 is only capable of 25nm of torque and so the forces are scaled proportionately. And so 70nm of in sim torque is represented through our wheel base as 25nm. 35nm of in sim force would be represented through our wheel base as 12.5nm.

Doesn’t that mean we are feeling 35.7% of what we should be feeling?

There is no “should”. FFB strength is totally up to you as no one can really say what is “right”.

For me it has to be strong enough to feel all the details but weak enough to have the car under control.

Don`t bother too much with the numbers, just set it as you like the most.
The Direct Drive Bases require some testing before you get what you want and to understand what filter has which effect.
No one can do that for you, you can get a good starting point and from there you have to try things out

2 Likes

Just watch the following video:

It should explain what you have to adjust.

I run normally max force in iracing around 55nm. So I fell enough road textures with Beanos settings. Just be patient you’ll get used to higher forces. So every few weeks you will increase the torque in iracing.
I started with a G25 switched to an Fanatec CSW 2.5, than DD1 and now SC pro.
Going back to an CSW 2.5 or even a G25 feels like using a toy instead of driving a real car.

1 Like

Regarding IRL forces. Mika wrote this some time ago. Pretty interesting.

that 50% True drive and 90NM in iracing , it equal to 100% True drive and 45NM ( max force ) in Iracing, is that right?

I believe ppl get confuse because there are ppl saying the number of NM bigger than your wheel force will be clipped out and you should set your mx force like this …
At the same time the Max force “visually” let you set a bigger number which confuse ppl again The bigger number basically the less feedback you will get. I think ppl just confused with different explanations

at the end for sure the car will have power steering more or less in real life these days and you never use need 1:1 setting and all about what is realistic feeling by tuning “up” the Max force since it is how it works.

No, it would be equal to 100% in True Drive (double the force) and 180 Nm in iRacing.

2 Likes

I don’t understand your degrees of rotation query Joe. In iRacing whilst you calibrate to 900° each car has its own degrees of rotation based on the real life data. Even in a crash the wheel will hit the stops set by that data.

Am I missing something?

Revan, I’m sorry for being pedantic. But the only “should” I used in my post was regarding how much torque the sim is applying to the in sim steering column. I understand that everyone is subjective and I need to tweak the settings to my own liking. What I’m trying to do is understand what those settings change. I’ve already watched the video posted by Thomas below and whilst that covers all of the settings in True Drive, it doesn’t touch on the interaction with iRacing.

My main question regarding the interaction between “max force” and “steering force” in iRacing hasn’t actually been answered.

1 Like

Hi Simon,

For my Indycar driver ( real life)
When he had the F3 setup in iRacing and Simucube with 900 degree rotation when he smacked a wall or other intense crash he said the wheel rotated past the normal 360 degrees. Almost twisting his wrist.

It was so violent that he was going to have his fab guys make mechanical endstops and I said no.
After settings it up in software as stated below he was happy.

When we set Simucube SC1 to 380 degree with 10 degree bumpstop and iRacing to 360 he no longer has the issue if the wheel rotating past 360. Of course it would try to bounce between bumpstop if the wheel got away from him.

I have not driven the Sim for a few years now so I can not directly relate. I am getting a rig back together now. Hopefully can back in iRacing soon.

Maybe I am missing something. I am open to be educated.:smiley:

For iRacing, Guys, go to to the ini file and set:

DisplayInLinearNM=1

Then, remember, when you adjust iRacing ffb in the GUI, the higher slider number there will mean ‘lower’ nm on your wheel.

So, if you struggle with my settings shown in my videos, just set slider higher than 70nm, for example 75, or 90, or whatever suits your abilities. We are all different, and we all like a different ffb feel/torque level.

My settings is just a baseline, I normally run down to the 40nm level on the Ultimate, as I like stronger forces, but clipping might force me up to 50, which is slightly weaker, but still really good for me.

But set it whatever you can manage…eventually, once you get use to the torque, you will find yourself making changes to suit you :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Beano

2 Likes

Hi Philip,
Where can I find the ini file in iracing ?

1 Like

iRacing app.ini file is in the Windows my documents file.

1 Like

I think I’ll have to crash an Indycar to find out :joy:

No need to edit ini file, Just click the text here and it changes to Nm :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Boska…wow, can really enjoy SC2 Pro now

Cheers !

2 Likes

So maybe have a look to this thread where i asked iracing staff the same question:
https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3655488.page

3 Likes

In your own thread it’s clear that you were still not sure about what the settings achieved.

I’m really surprised that no ones been able to just provide a yes or no to my question. “Yes your understanding is correct.” Or “no it’s not.” Rather than linking me to threads I’ve already read.

I read the response in the iRacing thread at the top of this post, and thought I understood, but then chose to reword it to clarify my understanding, because “Max Force is a scalar that maps between the Nm signal the physics generates to the 0-100% signal the wheel accepts. You can think of it as min(100, (ffbFromPhysics/maxForce*100)).” … is not a user friendly response.

Now that I understand how it works, I can read that sentence and it makes sense. When I first read that response, I had no idea what it actually meant.

Do we not want people to come into these forums and find a user friendly response?

1 Like

That was the answer that i became and i had my trouble with it for myself :wink:

In the End i see it as i told you before:

Wheel Force is the force that your base is capable of.
Max Force is a Divider to regulate the strength.
FFB Strength is completely a matter of taste.

5 Likes