iRacing and Simucube 2

Sounds like some bolt is loose…

Is there any nice soul to send me screen shot of app file and ffb so i can compare it.

Sounds like a software bug.
I installed iRacing on the PC of my brother and now everything is working fine.
No problems anymore and amazing details and feedback !! Thanks for your help.
I will try to reinstall iRacing or my whole pc if needed :wink:

4 Likes

Well I’m thinking that I’m having also some kind software bug. Waiting for mika to help me out

Have you tried deleting your app.ini and letting it create a fresh one? Could be worth it if you think something is off there.

Yes, but I still have the same problems.
Might be linked with something else (I also had a Jetstrix seat + sim shaker).

I just wanted to say thank you for your support !
The SC2 is absolutely amazing and I am enjoying it more and more, even with default TD profile !
I did 2 hours on Spa with the Radical yesterday evening and it is such a joy to drive and feel all the bumps, roads and elevation through the wheel.
(and thanks for the loadcell brake tip as well)

Have a nice day :smiley:

3 Likes

Received and installed the SC2 pro yesterday. Used the FFB settings described here and at the iRacing forum (https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3659244.page)
TD: overall strength 100% and iR: max force 65Nm & Wheel force 25Nm.
It feels great, however when I make a crash the SC2 crashes too.
Seen behavior after car crash: reconnecting light on the Ascher wheel and high torque mode disabled in TD.
I’ve changed the USB cable to a shorter one with a ferrite bead at the motor end, but that does not change the seen behavior.

Do I use a wrong setting, is there a problem with my SC2 pro? Please help.

Had the same problem. It seems just one power supply is working. Unplug both power supplies from the wheel and replug them. Make sure both blue indicators of the power supplies are working.

4 Likes

THANKS Thomas, problem solved

2 Likes

Hi, i just installed an simucube 2 pro, and i am using the iracing truedrive profile
TD Overal strength: 100%
Iracing max force: 121nm
Iracing wheel force: 25Nm.

Tried the amg gt3 on bathurst, but car crashes are way to violent
What could i do to make the crashes less strong but still have strong force feedback?

1 Like

You could lower TD Overall Strength and compensate with iracing max force slider.
This lowers the forces which occurs in a crash but you can still have strong ffb while driving

1 Like

thanks willl try that

hi guys, I am having a really great time with the suggested default TD iracing profile, except for the stiffer cars, like Radical, Lotus 79 etc…any suggestion? thanks

I have a SC2pro and on iRacing on the Nurburgring Nordschleife track with the “Porsche 911 GT3 Cup” if I take bumps or crashes the torque returned by the swings is exaggerated compared to the clean ride. Does anyone have a setting or a starting point? Thanks in advance

I can’t help you on what parameters to touch, but try some of these settings:

Sim Racing Garage: Simucube 2 general settings discussion
Beano: https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/450/3646421.page#11661565
@Brandon_Tabone: Simucube 2 general settings discussion

I’ve only been using my SC2 for a week now and I’m using the Sim Racing Garage configuration. But the general strength in SC2 is 50% and then in iRacing for the GTE I have the strength in 50nM. (SC2 Pro version)

5 Likes

thanks for posting this here!

Hi guys, I’ve been using the sc2 pro for a week now and so far everything is perfect. but I would like you guys to give me a little help with the td settings. I’ve been testing the iracing profile provided by the software itself with a few tweaks.

but i am concerned of the following:

sometimes I feel the curbs way too strong and sometimes i just feel them a little (which I like)

I do like to feel the road and feel all the effects and I’ve tried playing with the recon filter a few times. i feel that using lower values makes the wheel feel faster, but it looses that smoothness as compared to using higher values

question is, what can i do to compensate a lower recon filter and gain a little bit of smoothness?

i like fast and light wheels with a little bit of resistance and very minimal curb feel

thank you guys!

1 Like

Curbs in iRacing aren´t all modeled the same way, some of them are feelable some not.
If you want to smooth things then i guess damping filter is the way to go after recon filter

Well the same for the curbs is in real life…