iRacing and Simucube 2

You are not in iRacing on the first picture, isn’it?
That empty globe at DirectInput Sine Wave must not be there when playing iracing

Yes, there are the iRacing settings on the 3 pictures … what Did I do wrong ?

IRacing when running, on track, never creates DI Sine Wave… It is strange to see that balloon because iR creates Damping Friction or Inertia only.
Was you running another program when shooting those pics? IRFFb?

You did load the unedited iRacing profile, right?

Then, hit “Save to Device”, or whatever like that it says, at the bottom of the page?

Of course, your wheelbase is on when you do this?

Yes I did all of that.
It works pretty well but clearly nothing extraordinary like I expected
-I tested all the filters
-40 NM with 50% TD
-80 NM with 100% TD
Yes it works … bit it’s not for me another level like i expected … I don’t understand.

It’s the same thing for the other games (ACC, RBR PRO … ) except dirt rally 2 which is better with this base.

But I’m clearly disappointed :cry:

For iracing please try beanos settings:

The settings are great.

in TD 100% strength.
Be shure high torque mode is enabled.
And in iracing definitely lower max force to 35-40 NM.
It should be very strong.
I had a CSW 2.5 and then a DD1.
The SC2 Pro is another level.
You should feel the difference at higher strength settings imediatly.
If not then something is wrong.

1 Like

Most games have pretty bad ffb. Iracing has very low frequency of 60hz and is on ice. To top it off they are also mostly tested and tuned towards lower end wheel bases or belt bases. The belt bases feel less digital, so that can be an advantage from a “feeling real” pov.
I am struggling as well. Happy about the quality of the output compared to what ffb signal is delivered to the base, but disappointed by the crap ffb of all Sims. Rf2 feels ok, but does so on other bases too and it too feels digital on my SC2.
I’m awaiting the next wave of General ffb improvements on the software side before I expect to be truly happy about my DD.
I’ve never owned a csw base, but have been assuming it to be a sweet spot product, fast and somewhat forceful, at the same time a belt to get rid of the digital feel.

Anyways: Blame the Sims, it’s not that there is not a pretty big difference in the sc2’s favor when it comes to the actual hardware.

Thank you for your reply Thomas,

I test your settings but I can’t turn the wheel in the turns, but it’s clearly more strong than csw2.5, for sure …

Are you sure it’s 100% TD and 40 NM ? It feels very hard to turn …

just play with the max force slider untill you find what’s comfortable for you.

1 Like

If it it to hard turning start at maybe 55-60 NM.
Every car and even every setup will feel different,
so as @SuperMonaco_GP said, try it out.
I started at 60 NM 18 month ago.
Now I’m used to it and i prefer higher strength, even i the corners.

1 Like

if iRacing tweaks in all cars tire temps operating graphics (Or slip angle simulation), people can’t drive beyond this tire limits. But iracing don’t do this because of too much types of wheels in the world and of course amount of drivers in their platform. If they made real tire simulation 100% like in real life, than all their aliens and stars become not too fast, because real life tire simulation need from your driving is good precise in bends, everywhere. I still can’t find the car, sorry tires on any iracing car, where you can fail and going absolutely strait line on low speeds if you overdrive. In real life this is normal situation to fail and go straight because of too fast entry to the corner, without any radius. There is no radius if you going to fast in corner, you just loose your front tires 100% with 100% no grip at all. In all sims you have some cheating radius and this radius increases if your speed is lower.

in Rain conditions this effect is much more visible. That’s why in real racing in rain conditions only really fast drivers can show their talent because there is no cheating engine :smiley:

That’s why some people just use low FFB settings in simracing, because they can’t be fast in different way. Because simracing is still simracing because of this… bug? no, this is a feature to hold 100K drivers on platform.

If it’s hard to turn the wheel try to use static force reduction at 10/15%

this only highlights the changes of beanos earlier settings but I can’t find that, if you can please kindly share a screenshot of the full profile with the changed settings.

here you are, beanos initial settings:

2 Likes

Are Beano’s settings pro or Ultimate?

You can use it on both, Joe, it will transfer across and will need small adjustments, if any. I am using very similar settings on my monster SC2 AKM build, it works equally well on smaller and larger servos I’ve found…

But just my POV, it might be different for others…

Thanks Beano,

I picked up an SC2 pro v2 from a local guy recently. This time I get to drive my SC2!!

4 Likes

From 2021 Season 2 - Release Notes [pre-release draft]:

Force Feedback

• A new force limiter has been implemented that reduces force feedback (FFB) generated when a strong vehicle crash or other extreme force event occurs. This system is designed to protect you from your wheel when it generates potentially dangerous levels of force.
    • A new limiter indicator on the ‘F’ meter illuminates when the limiter is engaged.
    • By default, this system is enabled. It may be disabled by setting the new “FFBUseForceLimiter=0” within the [Force Feedback] section of the “app.ini” file.
    • A new telemetry output, “SteeringWheelLimiter” has been added that indicates the force limit percentage being applied.

Source: https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3795073.page

This is interesting!

7 Likes

Finally! Full dynamic range without injuries. But lets see how well it works first…

3 Likes

Yes, it’s very welcome, especially in iRacing where you usually had quite weak FFB most of the time which encouraged people to have highest max force in True Drive(25Nm for me) because setting it lower would also scale down weak forces. But on the other hand iRacing had the biggest FFB spikes on collisions so it was far from ideal solution.

Few sims have a solution for that where you can make force output not linear i.e. Assetto Corsa - Gain curve adjustment , AMS 1: low forces boost. And I use it in AMS.

I think someone already asked for adding Gain filter in True precisely because of the iRacing issue. It would be nice feature that other DD wheel software/drivers don’t have(I think) and would be useful in some games, where you’d want to have i.e. low forces boosted.

Other idea is to add a simple slider/filter in TD where you set clipping force - amount of force you want the driver to clip to(by default max force - no clipping), so that beyond that all forces will be clipped. This way you could have max force set to 25Nm or 32Nm so that low forces are strong enough, but in case of accidents(or any other events) the force will be clipped to given value( i.e. 15Nm).