Diferent feeling in iRacing

Nothing needs to be changed in IRacing app.ini file. In the iRacing UI, you can click the strength label to set it to show values in Nm.

True, a long time ago I felt the same way when I started ā€œplayingā€ with the sliders, but that was because I always had servo filters and a very high ReconFilter (+5)

In my opinion, SlewRateLimit is essential to balance the wheel and make unwanted oscillations disappear because, with the correct SRL, we can define the speed which the game force is achieved in relation to the signal update.
Itā€™s like the UltraLowLatency filter, too much and the signal will overshoot, too low and you may feel laggy signal or dead wheel.

Now I have a reference profile for iRacing (I never had one until last week):
Recon: 3
Torque: Unlimited
Servo filters: always racing with app.ini dampermode: 1 (inertia), so no Damper & Friction (at 0% iR forces takes account on that in ConstantForces, Inertia: 3% (to compensate iR DXInertia effect needed when DamperMode:1)
SFR: off
ULLM: 17

With this baseline we will only have to calculate SlewRateLimit based on the force used in TD + wheel weight divide it by 16.6ms, so that when iRacing requests 100% of forces, the servo is able to obtain the Force requested before the next signal comes, but not too soon

3 Likes

@Alfye20 I just tried it. It feels great. Thx.

1 Like

thanks a lot, I am finally enjoying again iracing now. just a question, did you change anything else in the app file, and what about direct inputs in true drive?

Thats cool!
Here are my setting for a formula rim of 1540gr on the HPD @9Nm in True Drive:
Not too much filters at work but the ones working are doing its job
Raced with it last weekend at Lemans and very happy, try it if pou can with VRS 2020S3 setup and throw the wheel to any side in the straight

FFb app.ini,
DamperMode: Inertia, is what i like the most and very similar to Richard Burns Rally FFb IMO
DamperSaturation:5000 , mmm, Black or white? Gray

Ingame FFb.
iRacing with AUTO FFb calcs, then adjust to find the sweet spot between bumps and grip.
Wheel force is a special one for meā€¦ Everyone sys that it does nothing but, for me and my feeling, it does things behind the scene because is not the same 1Nm than 9Nm. Then in the HPD i achieved the right feeling when I moved the slider right to the Max force value.

Hope you like it!

1 Like

so, tested those settings with various cars, feels great with Porsche cup and Radical, not bad with Nissan GTP or Mazda, bad with GT3/GTE.
the thing I donā€™t understand, is this : since the 1st day I got my SC2 Sport, I always used the TD default profile for iracing (the Advanced profile), and it was feeling really good with all cars, never needed to change anything apart ffb gain - ingame - depending on the car.
But, since last week, iracing is the only sim where I canā€™t use anymore this default profile because ffb has changed drastically, and I donā€™t think is because of a tyre model update on some cars because it has changed in any car.
All that said, I would just like to enjoy again iracing like I always did, with the TD profile I always used, but I guess I must find another profile that suits any car, I really have no time to fine tune everything for any different car, and in that regard the old profile was really perfect.
anybody experienced the same in last days?
edit : iracing is currently the only sim for which I am having issues regarding ffb, anything else is running fine as always.

Itā€™s the tyre-model :wink:

Best advice I can give people is to learn how to tune the wheel to their liking. I never tune ffb in iRacing for different cars, I use the same profile for all cars. The only thing I may adjust every once in a while is the ffb slider in iRacing.

No need to have seperate profiles, at least not imho. But people differ, others may prefer to do it differently.

3 Likes

Are you racing all those cars with the same steering wheel rim?
If thats the case, trim Wheel Force slider to your liking

1 Like

Its the tyre model that has changed, and especially in the last update, the tyre to the track surface interaction was changed for many cars. I donā€™t like how it feels currently, but nothing to do with the device settings.

The Nascar 87 cars have different type of steering system, I require about about 50% of the normal force I use to get similar FFB level to all other carsā€¦

2 Likes

Also a different setup feels different, the caster setting iirc. Drove BMW M8 on Imola, two different setups and one of the setups was super heavy, had to dial down FFB with on one of the setups alot.

1 Like

hi Beano, Iā€™m asking you because you are a long term iracing user, and surely know it much better than me :slight_smile: what TD settings are you using now for iracing, after that latest updates? consider I have a Sport, donā€™t know if that matters. thanks.

Since you are The Guy here with big iRacing experience and great skill in tuning the TD for it maybe please please You could share some TD profile settings for iRacing since their new update?
Until this tire model update i was using your some time ago shared TD settings for iRacing and i loved them ever since. Unfortunetly after the tire update it feels very strange.

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I will jump in the rig later to grab some settings, I have reduced most of my DFI and Recon Filter settings after the last update.

I quite like it on the Ferrari GTE, Ford GT3 and Skip Barber. Will post a pic up later tonight!

7 Likes

I have checked my settings last night, have been using these on the GTE and GT3 cars in iRacing snce the new build, and it feels a bit busy, but still good enough for the moment:

Damping, Friction and Inertia all at 15%
Recon Filter at 2 or 3
Low Latency Filter at 8%

Everything else as earlier, no changes.

Let me know what you guys think :wink:

Cheers,
Beano

4 Likes

I tried similar to your settings a week ago and I found out lower the Recon Filter gives you a lot of detailed of the track which I like but my latency keep it at 16%. Damping for me some times the lower the better.

Yep, my settings are just a guideline to guys, but most people will probably use something slightly or a lot different anyway, as it is quite a subjective matter :wink:

But yes, with new tyre model at iRacing, I found I had to basically 1/2 my filtering to get back to settings I liked. It is a bit harsh now, in the 17-19% filtering and RF between 3-5 will probably what I settle on for the near term.

Anyway, would be good to hear from others as well what they like, as it will help the larger community too.

2 Likes

Recon at 2-3 for me too, more than that and the bumps and kerbs will be boosted by the filter, and adds tons of lag-oscilations

Now playing with TorqueBandwithdLimit on the RUF (baseline) and doing some progress

since yesterdayā€™s update, ffb seems to be back to normal for the most partā€¦

Yep, there have been more adjustments to tyres, especially so on GTE carsā€¦

2 Likes

Hi - any advice on settings to increase feel of understeer, when the tyres scrub laterally across the track?