Drive firmware update error turn system off and on again

There is no way to reset settings as such, but your are not far off from the settings that should work.

ok great so that fixed it !! thanks!!

1 Like

So this now leads back to the original query about SIMUCUBE. After trying many times I can’t get it to work. At this stage I maybe should go back to MMoS. Can someone let me know the steps?

i ll try to help you down bellow

It turns out that @Charles_Kellyman has a STM32F4 Discovery + IONICUBE build, thus it is not compatible with Simucube’s firmware.

If there are good experienced people that know how to flash the STM32F4 on his Discovery with the MMOS hex file, please help! I’ve never had such system and do not exactly know what tools are needed. Also helping in blind with no physical access to the hardware is difficult thing.

Before you continue , run MMOS , if the light is green stop reading. If the light is red continue.

open granity , connect , load settings from file (attached below) and save them

10010_MAX_unlimited-48v_5Kppr.drc (9.2 KB)

i don’t know what psu you are using to adjust mpp setting.

then go download STSW-LINK004 https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link004.html#getsoftware-scroll . install it and open it.

connect your disco board with your pc

a.connect
b.erase chip
c.program & verify
d.select hex file located in MMos_FW_0.99.2.zip (if you don’t have it tell me, just in case https://files.fm/u/ytvqkxpg)
e. flash
f. disconnect
unplug it from your pc.

then plug disco again to your pc and open mmos forcefeedback 2014 located in MMos_Tool_0.91.zip (if you don’t have it tell me, https://files.fm/u/ytvqkxpg)

now the light should be green. press setup and make the changes like this
index

and see if it is operational like before.

Thank you I will try this tomorrow

Fingers crossed

Also make sure to check use encoder index. :wink:

1 Like

He already has working settings in IONI, no need to reload the drc file. And use encoder index is something that can be setup after initial install when thing is otherwise working.

i know thats why i didn’t tick encoder index from the beginning. I saw too many errors in granity thats why i told him to load the drc , atleast he should set DIV=MUL=100 , lower MCC , and increase FOC to maximum but i prefered to give him the file to be sure.

I just mentioned it because I saw it was incorrect.

Hi guys…
I very replieved to say I have MMos working again thank you so much for your help!!
I did load that *.drc file. I have found that everything seems exaggerated in regards to FFB now also the wheel is quite notchy. Not as smooth as before. I saved the *.drc file @Mika helped me with last night. Should I reload that one?
I don’t to do anything wrong

just lower mmc , i had it at 12.86 , go 10.50 . If this doesn’t cut it for you , change Div=Mul=50

OK will try that when I’m back on the other PC tomorrow

Thank you that’s fine now

1 Like

I suspected as much when I requested him to post a photo of the inside of his controller in the other thread :wink:

—>> MMOS to Simucube problem

Strangely, the previous IONICUBE build I’ve come across, said “unknown” hardware version, where as his build showed it being a Simucube. Simucube firmware determines this from a few resistors on some of the spare inputs, and I suspect some of the Discovery breakout boards in IONICUBE builds have configured some lines in a way that this mistake can be made in software. I will briefly investigate whether there is a sure way of determining if the board is a Discovery vs. Simucube.

If the wheel feels very notch you may have the wrong info setup for your encoder.
Make sure to set the setting in granity to the actual figure ie 2500,5000, or 10000 and when you enter the setting in MMOS it is 4 x the original number ie 10000,20000 or 40000

1 Like

Cheers Mika, interesting case indeed :wink: Let us know if you find anything interesting.

@Joe: Yes, thát, or, perhaps an incorrect wired power-phase can do this too…

Hi Beano,

Yes if the motor phases are wired incorrectly it will do it for sure.
I assumed he had not made any changes to the hardware, but you know what they say about assumptions! :slight_smile:

Regarding Simucube controls:
Strange thing I have found when upgrading a Simucube control from MMOS to Simucube software, is sometimes you must install an early version of the Simucube software and then install the later version.
If you try to install the latest software it gets stuck in a loop and the install will not finish. It normally fails when trying to do the hardware setup. I am guessing it is partially due to what version firmware is on the IONI

I hope all is well down under. I guess it is getting HOT!!!