Diferent feeling in iRacing

Its the tyre model that has changed, and especially in the last update, the tyre to the track surface interaction was changed for many cars. I don’t like how it feels currently, but nothing to do with the device settings.

The Nascar 87 cars have different type of steering system, I require about about 50% of the normal force I use to get similar FFB level to all other cars…

2 Likes

Also a different setup feels different, the caster setting iirc. Drove BMW M8 on Imola, two different setups and one of the setups was super heavy, had to dial down FFB with on one of the setups alot.

1 Like

hi Beano, I’m asking you because you are a long term iracing user, and surely know it much better than me :slight_smile: what TD settings are you using now for iracing, after that latest updates? consider I have a Sport, don’t know if that matters. thanks.

Since you are The Guy here with big iRacing experience and great skill in tuning the TD for it maybe please please You could share some TD profile settings for iRacing since their new update?
Until this tire model update i was using your some time ago shared TD settings for iRacing and i loved them ever since. Unfortunetly after the tire update it feels very strange.

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I will jump in the rig later to grab some settings, I have reduced most of my DFI and Recon Filter settings after the last update.

I quite like it on the Ferrari GTE, Ford GT3 and Skip Barber. Will post a pic up later tonight!

7 Likes

I have checked my settings last night, have been using these on the GTE and GT3 cars in iRacing snce the new build, and it feels a bit busy, but still good enough for the moment:

Damping, Friction and Inertia all at 15%
Recon Filter at 2 or 3
Low Latency Filter at 8%

Everything else as earlier, no changes.

Let me know what you guys think :wink:

Cheers,
Beano

4 Likes

I tried similar to your settings a week ago and I found out lower the Recon Filter gives you a lot of detailed of the track which I like but my latency keep it at 16%. Damping for me some times the lower the better.

Yep, my settings are just a guideline to guys, but most people will probably use something slightly or a lot different anyway, as it is quite a subjective matter :wink:

But yes, with new tyre model at iRacing, I found I had to basically 1/2 my filtering to get back to settings I liked. It is a bit harsh now, in the 17-19% filtering and RF between 3-5 will probably what I settle on for the near term.

Anyway, would be good to hear from others as well what they like, as it will help the larger community too.

2 Likes

Recon at 2-3 for me too, more than that and the bumps and kerbs will be boosted by the filter, and adds tons of lag-oscilations

Now playing with TorqueBandwithdLimit on the RUF (baseline) and doing some progress

since yesterday’s update, ffb seems to be back to normal for the most part…

Yep, there have been more adjustments to tyres, especially so on GTE cars…

2 Likes

Hi - any advice on settings to increase feel of understeer, when the tyres scrub laterally across the track?