iRacing and Simucube 2

it feels great! congratulations

1 Like

Thanks mate! Appreciate!

Sorry I haven’t had time to test yet but I will let you know when I have

No worries mate, take your time!

Hi, I tried your settings and I dont really like the feeling to be honest. The main issue I felt while testing in the new Porsche cup was that the front end felt a bit disconnected from the wheel, it felt a bit floaty and I had quite a bit of oscillation

It also felt pretty grainy to me but I do use recon filter on 6-7 in iracing

These are my settings to give you an idea of what I like to feel. For example I set max force to 70 for the Porsche cup, 75 for the Porsche GT3 and 91 for the LMP2

Hi!
In my opinion I would start using this configuration with 60 Nm in Iracing (for example) in GT3. It is a very good starting point, and then, I would make small and progressive changes until they find the driving pleasure

Finally, this video explain the different effects to the true drive filters. I think that video is useful to learn to modify the filters.

Cheers

1 Like

I am happy with my settings. Recon at 2 or 3 is extremely grainy, I’m surprised people are ok with the grainy feel. Those settings you posted from a previous posts are not good at all. A lot of the settings I have tried are grainy and just not realistic at all. I can’t go lower than 6 in iracing without getting a grainy feel. Thanks, I have been learning what the filters do and have a good understanding. My post was responding to someone that wanted us to test his settings

You can try SlewRateLimit @±1,50 to get rid of some grainy feel and then try lower ReconFilter.

If im not wrong, with iRacing Signal being 60hz you can reach 25.1Nm with 1.5Nm/ms on Slew Rate limit

Sorry for the dumb question, but I’m literally brand new to iracing: What are your in-game settings? Perhaps a screen shot would be most helpful. I can’t get slider to 42Nm, so I’m guessing I’m looking in the wrong place…

You need to click once on the label to switch to NM mode.

As @datoml said when in the iRacing settings click on the word “strength” and if you have the FFB in Linear Mode it will change to Nm… Once this happens you will be able to set the 42… With this slider the Higher the Nm the lower the force as the number indicates the point at which iRacing will consider the Telemetry to be 100%…

here is an “old” forum post that I made on how the iRacing force system works:

https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3770438.page

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification! I would have never discovered that if you click on Strength, it changes the units displayed to Nm. In my opinion, they should add a blurb about that to the tooltip. So, to summarize your in-game FFB settings: Max Force=42Nm; Wheel Force=25Nm, Damping=0%, and Min Force=0.0%. Is that correct? Just trying to figure out a starting point given your True Drive settings.

Correct.
That’s the right starting point for iRacing.
In case the FFB is too strong increase the Max Force.
I usually drive with 70-90 Max Force :see_no_evil:

Also, in case you have load cell pedals. Set the Force Factor to 0.0.

1 Like

Yes that would be how I run it… generally with direct drive you don’t want to use any of the iRacing provided filters as they are very simple in nature.

1 Like

in the new software 2021.9 + True Drive Paddock, how do I choose my own old profiles to be default profiles? every time now i start TD, i have to go to Paddock, then click on offline mode and choose my own profile in the list which i imported before, why can’t i click on it and say default profile load every time i start the SC2?

Setting a default Paddock profile is at the moment only possible in the actual Paddock mode, not the backup/fallback offfline mode.

paddock mode, doesn’t it upload and download everything?

Yes, paddock mode profiles are in the paddock cloud and they are also cached to offline mode in case of Internet issues.

1 Like

Hi,

I have a question regarding. FFB in iRacing. I use an SC2 Pro and my friend uses a Fanatec CSL Elite and I have to say his wheelbase feels better, specifically when it comes to the feeling of the car being connected to the road and overall tyre feel (slip, scrub etc) I thought this might be to do with linear mode on vs off, but both still don’t give the same. What am I missing on my SC2 Pro that will give me more tyre feel and overall connection with the car on the track? Many thanks.

What are your current settings, what have you tried so far? Have you tested some of the Paddock iRacing profiles others have made available?

Also you ask others to guess which settings would work for you. Meaning if my settings provide all those effects and I’m happy, doesn’t mean the same settings feel as good in your opinion.