Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

Something I have seen recently in the bug reports for AMS 2 is that there can be cross talk between brakes and steering when Brake Assist is turned on. Another bug report is that some assists can be on when turned off in the menu until you cycle them in the game whilst playing. Maybe a combination of this affected you?

Here’s the video from the bug report:

I was getting very little feel from the pro before I tried your custom file.

New patch, FFB and Physics updates

FORCE FEEDBACK

• Slightly refactored the way steering arm forces pass on to FFB (should provide a slightly “tighter” wheel around center)
  • Slightly reduced the filters that added in previous update,
  • Added soft lock for wheels that still didn´t have it (WIP).
  • Disabled Old Default FFB profil
  • FFB profiles with lockstops enabled and new exposed values in them.
1 Like

The update did the trick. The is power back! Normal service has been resumed :smiley:

1 Like

I’m using the latest version game (0.9.3.1)

I have, SC 2 Ultimate

but i am having some problems

vehicle loses its balance quickly than necessary
and the steering seems to react slowly to my movements

Do you have any suggestions about the settings?

Thanks NuScorpii - I didn’t have any real trouble getting my controls set up in AMS2, but I only have 1-2hrs on AMS2. I’m mostly using ACC until AMS2 is at or near 1.0. No control problems was great, since with AMS2 using some aspects of PC2, I was really worried I’d have my unusable PC2 problems in AMS2 also.

So I’ve mentioned my PC2 problems here a couple times, just so if someone has unusable problems in AMS2 getting controls set up, it may help knowing that I had severe problems with controls in PC2.

I appreciate the tips on bug reports, but I have no plans to use PC2 again, so I won’t be concerned unless I get similar PC2 problems in AMS2. Thanks & Have Fun!

Don’t think you understood the reason for me posting that. It is a guy having exactly the same issues as you did, but in AMS2 and with an explanation and fix. The tip was not for bug reports per se, but to give another explanation and fix for people that experience this issue.

1 Like

Is there anyway to turn off or reduce this kinda noise you can feel coming from the wheelbase? Its like it trying to replicate the street rumble, as this noise goes away when I’m on the grass. I don’t have this feeling in other sims like Assetto Corsa.

1 Like

Hi Josef,

What in game settings are you using?

If you’re using Default ffb then lowering the lfb(if you can) will help, which makes the most sense on a dd anyways, as you get more dynamic range all around from doing so.

If you are happy with that, no need to read further here, as we are now headed to “custom ffb” land:

Also @NuScorpii & myself have derived a fairly good custom ffb file posted on the Reiza forum in this thread: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-custom-force-feedback-overview-recommendations.11135/

The latest is currently called “More Equals”, but we push small improvements out daily/bi-daily.

The latest versions have(related to road noise):

• Center enhancement, that makes it possible to go much lower on the lfb slider, while still maintaining some more than default center forces(so I’m running lfb 1 with that one)
  • FX influences the road details noise strength, so you can simply lower that.
  • Road details enhancement, that strengthens details off-center and makes the center non-special(in reg. to road texture).

But also many other nice things, most important of all is to me the enhanced scrub effect.
Additionally easy adjustable values inside for each enhancement, including road noise.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

I thank you for the work you do … I will also follow you in the Reiza forum … I am in a spectacular way with your profile

1 Like

Thank you for your help, I downloaded the file and it feels authentic.

I find by using the following settings, which are nearly identical from Exact-Performance TD settings in Asetto Corsa, gives me a very nice feel of the car even in Am2.

New patch out. 0.9.6.0

FORCE FEEDBACK

• Revised code to fix (or at least mitigate) issues with FFB causing wheel to pull hard right or left in some circunstances
  • Increased input rates to 500Hz and limited FFB rate to 360Hz to minimise potential issues with asynchronous rates
  • Further fine-tuned all car-specific max force, filters & smoothing levels to suit final FFB system and latest tyre physics developments
2 Likes

for the first time since release, in my opinion with today’s update the ffb made a step back from where it was before : with the same ffb settings, both ingame and TD, the overall feeling is much worse now, a lot more flat and vague.
already tried to delete ams2 doc files and remap all controls again, nothing changed.
@NuScorpii I tried your custom file and I am quite intriguied by that, only thing I didn’t find any reference to your True Drive settings to be used with the custom ffb.
am I the only one experiencing a worse ffb than before?

I think I only got satisfied with the feeling in the beginning, right after I bought it tbh. So you are not alone. @NuScorpii I tried your custom file and I had to drop FX to around 25 and LBF to 2 in order to stop a grainy feeling in the wheel’s center. Was using StockCar in Interlagos track. I also would like to know what settings do you use in your wheel driver.

1 Like

Hi all,

just DL AMS 2 but for the love of god, cannot get my sc2pro to be able to register my left/right steering inputs. any help appriciated

With e-stop button activated(wheel turns easy), full left then right should do the trick.

Try the latest custom file attached - updated with 0.9.6 fixes.

Here are my TD settings:

In game I use Gain 30 LFB 10 FX 50

ReleaseNotes.txt (3.4 KB) ffb_custom_settings.txt (10.0 KB)

Latest version of custom file can be found here:

5 Likes

Try the file above and change the following line from 0.2 to 1.0:

(output_smoothing 0.2)

2 Likes