Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

I second @Chip with another big thank you!! @NuScorpii and @Kledsen…you guys rock!! Thank you both for all the help. I’m blown away by how good Automobilista 2 already is in beta. You guys are just making it better!!

1 Like

@kledsen, @Andrew_WOT, @EXOTICS4LIFE

Many thanks for your replies!

Well after my last post, I tried to test the pro 2. Unfortunately, my assignments were not saved, so I went thru the same process again. This time it took about 20 – 30 minutes for AMS2 to recognise my inputs and calibrate the pro.

Then I thought last, time to test the pro. I WISH!!!

Unbeknown I’d reversed the steering axis, left would turn right and right would turn left. WTF!! I had to go thru the same process all over again. But at least time I remembered steer left should be -X and steer should +X. That took another 30 minutes.

Copied NuScorpii AMS2 settings. Finally, I get to test the pro on AMS2. GREAT!

Gets into the P1 start the race and WTF, there’s no feeling in the pro. Check the settings, all good. Back to the race still no feeling in the steering. Then I started fiddling and farting about with the settings like a crazy fool. Still didn’t any difference in feeling.

Then I accidently, clicked “Disable High Torque Mode”. The feeling in steering magically appeared. Tested AMS2 the feeling had returned. Then I proceeded to do 5-6 test races, basically I raced until I crashed, then restarted the race.

This was all good, but I then noticed, that whilst I had more feeling, the steering was basic and unrefined. So, I re-clicked “Enable High Torque Mode” and started messing about with the settings.

Gradually, I began to achieve more feeling with High Torque Mode. I was up until 3.30 am this morning.

The goods news is that pro 2 is working fine.

The bad news is I still haven’t been able to attain the feel I want, but it is getting better.

The only thing is that my pro 2 AMS2 settings look totally abnormal compared to what I’ve seen on the forum. Makes me think, I still haven’t got a grip of this setting malarkey. But at least I can use the pro in AMS2.

Thanks for your all your help and advice guys!

1 Like

Mobanton,

That is great! It def. took me some time to adjust at first too, but it becomes 2nd nature very fast, no worries :slightly_smiling_face:

You should try the custom ffb file I posted earlier today in this thread, maybe you will like it. Really brings ams2 back to life for me.
For that you should use fx 50, LFB 50 in game at first, then lower fx if it’s too much to your liking.

Cheers!

you know you need to map the wheel and pedals inputs before calibrating, right?
it is literally the only thing to do in both pcars2 and ams2.

Yes, thanks SuperMonaco. I even tried calibrating steering and pedals in W10, before assigning in PC2, and then calibrating in PC2. Didn’t think calibration in W10 would help, and it didn’t. But I’ve tried not just EVERYTHING, but all permutations of EVERYTHING.

This is bulshit regarding calibration and all this shit. Product worth more than 1000 euros is impossible to calibrate. First it was issue with editing assignments and after that calibration. Spend 45 min and still not working

1 Like

Guys, any ideas if soft lock exists on this?

1 Like

For those having calibration issues, try to assign pedals first, and then when asked to turn wheel left, turn the wheel all the way left until the lock, and then immediately start returning to center. Same thing with the right. I’ve had no issues whatsoever given this method.

1 Like

Also emergency button pressed, easier to rotate wheel freely.

Sorry, couple quick novice questions here: For these custom .txt FFB files that are being attached within this thread, do I simply move them to the AMS2 folder within My Documents and overwrite the existing file within the folder? Afterwards, do I then select “Custom” instead of “New Default” within AMS2 settings? Just want to make sure I am setting things up correctly. Thanks.

Yes, you paste the custom file you want over the one in Docs / AMS2 folder. The name must stay the same (as the existing one / ffb_custom_settings.txt).

In AMS2, select “custom” ffb profile and adjust settings (Gain / LFB / FX) to your preference.

I like to save these custom files in a special download folder in case I need them again later. You can rename them to keep track of them, or keep them in named folders (author / version, etc.) but, the name as used in AMS2 (ffb_custom_settings.txt) must be consistent when updating the working file.

1 Like

Can one of the resident SC2 experts please share the entirety of their TD settings? I would like to verify I have them set correctly given these profiles for AMS2. I see the primary ones (i.e. the Constantly Operating Filters), but as a new SC2 user, I am really hoping to verify all of my settings. Thanks again everyone!

Just so you have the current latest version of the custom ffb from the reiza forum I’m posting it here too.
Done by NuScorpii and myself.
ffb_custom_settings.txt (6.0 KB)
This is the one that also has the rear scrub effect.

Cheers!

For those custom ffb files other than the usual filters, I can say that both NuScorpii and I run at recon 1 and then I do slew rate limit of 1.
As a new user I would set the truedrive force at around 10nm a d in game gain around maybe 65-70. This to not lose any fingers right away.
Oh start from fx 50, LFB 50 in game and go from there.

Thank you so much @kledsen! If you don’t mind doing so, can you please post screenshots of the current TD settings you are using for the custom FFB you linked? For a new user like me, also including the DirectInput fine tuning settings, and general hardware settings, would be extremely helpful. Thank you again for your help!

Hi Guys

I’m trying to use NuScorpii and kledsen custom ffb along with the attached setting. Unfortunately, I’m getting next to no feeling from the pro 2.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Looks ok, so that sounds weird.

Maybe you have not put the custom ffb file in the right location or not named it correctly, possibly?
You have to copy it to the “documents/Automobilista 2” folder & to make sure it is named “ffb_custom_settings.txt” to be picked up.
Maybe double check inside that file that it has our names at the top to verify it’s the right file?

Also, you need to have the file in place there before starting up the game in the first place or it will not be picked up.

Good luck!

Chip,

Maybe you can use the images that mobanton just posted?
I would put “overall strength” down to somewhere 10-12 nm, though, for a start.
Then you can go a little higher on friction & a little lower on inertia, depending on car you drive. But it really is a matter of what makes it feel most realistic to you, so very subjective.

Sounds good, thanks, I will experiment and post my settings for feedback.

Is it just with the custom file or with the defaults too that you get very little feeling?

The custom file doesn’t alter the core FFB, it just adds some of the missing subtle effects and tweaks the ratios slightly.