Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

New patch out. 0.9.6.0

FORCE FEEDBACK

• Revised code to fix (or at least mitigate) issues with FFB causing wheel to pull hard right or left in some circunstances
  • Increased input rates to 500Hz and limited FFB rate to 360Hz to minimise potential issues with asynchronous rates
  • Further fine-tuned all car-specific max force, filters & smoothing levels to suit final FFB system and latest tyre physics developments
2 Likes

for the first time since release, in my opinion with today’s update the ffb made a step back from where it was before : with the same ffb settings, both ingame and TD, the overall feeling is much worse now, a lot more flat and vague.
already tried to delete ams2 doc files and remap all controls again, nothing changed.
@NuScorpii I tried your custom file and I am quite intriguied by that, only thing I didn’t find any reference to your True Drive settings to be used with the custom ffb.
am I the only one experiencing a worse ffb than before?

I think I only got satisfied with the feeling in the beginning, right after I bought it tbh. So you are not alone. @NuScorpii I tried your custom file and I had to drop FX to around 25 and LBF to 2 in order to stop a grainy feeling in the wheel’s center. Was using StockCar in Interlagos track. I also would like to know what settings do you use in your wheel driver.

1 Like

Hi all,

just DL AMS 2 but for the love of god, cannot get my sc2pro to be able to register my left/right steering inputs. any help appriciated

With e-stop button activated(wheel turns easy), full left then right should do the trick.

Try the latest custom file attached - updated with 0.9.6 fixes.

Here are my TD settings:

In game I use Gain 30 LFB 10 FX 50

ReleaseNotes.txt (3.4 KB) ffb_custom_settings.txt (10.0 KB)

Latest version of custom file can be found here:

5 Likes

Try the file above and change the following line from 0.2 to 1.0:

(output_smoothing 0.2)

2 Likes

what about direct input effects?

thanks for the advise, but tried this already and still does not registered

I have them all set to 0. They have no influence in the game anyway. The only effect used is Spring for centring the wheel in the menu.

1 Like

I had this today. Didn’t work in normal mode but did work in VR. Had to delete the AMS2 documents folder too.

Another option that is usually mentioned is to unplug the pedals first and then try assigning.

sorry for little off topic. do you guys experience in last month of the game development all cars throw back of the car little more. I enjoy ams 1 at the moment, ams 2 was good in the moment when they started to push the game on steam with first versions of early access. now when ffb hit i feel that all cars start to be really challenging to drive but not in a realistic way. maybe setup can fix this but I am not really into setups. what are your thoughts so far?

Yes, that seemed to help me a lot before I FINALLY got steering to work in Project Cars 2. And in AMS2, I didn’t seem to have any problems getting steering working; probably because I was doing this also. I have TD stops at 420deg in all sims, and I just bounce wheel off of the stop and then reverse wheel quickly. Best of luck!

Wow, and Wow! Thanks, finally ffb is alive in my SC2 pro

1 Like

new hotfix today, ffb seems to be good again as it was before 0.9.6

1 Like

Hello, I have just installed AMS2 and I cant get any feedback at all. I managed to calibrate the wheel fine as a custom wheel (and there was plenty of resistive spring force when I was calibrating it).

I have true drive set to 50% for strength and in game strength at 100 and there is zero force, same as having the e-stop pushed (which it isnt). I also tried installing the custom feedback file, but still zero FFB or resistance of any sort in game. Any ideas?

1 Like

@NielsHeusinkveld hi Niels, just saw your yt video about ams2.
could you please share both your ingame and true drive ffb settings?
thank you very much.

6 Likes

Im using these settings but I cant steer in the game.
When I want to calibrate the wheel its very heavy to turn the SC2.

Can someone explain this?

Press emergency button for easy turning in calibration. :wink:

1 Like

I finally got my Simucube 2 in the mail and got it bolted onto my rig. I can’t assign steering axis in AMS2 and in RRRE the FFB is odd.

Can someone just TL,DR thousands of posts and tell me succinctly what I need to do to feel $2500 worth of FFB I just paid for?

It would be lovely if someone from Simucube themselves made it easy as you guys are speaking a different language. There is so much baked in assumptions about what people know you guys are talking about, where to make the changes, how FFB files work or are overwritten, etc.

Please, please help make this simple!

EDIT: Finally got steering input after changing to very low rotation and using Emergency Stop to kill FFB. However, in-game there is a grinding noise and heavy oscillation not present in RRRE.

1 Like