Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

thats what the description of the plugin says :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, this is wonderful!
But I don’t know if something is wrong with me, I don’t notice that my steering wheel has stops, I start to turn the steering wheel in the pits and it has no end, shouldn’t I have stops with maximum degrees?

For SC2 Pro

There are 4178 different posts dealing with this and an answer to it. There is no beast without an aggressive voice out there. Wolves are howling, eagles screaming and lions are roaring

There are people with relatively silent and abnormally loud (whatever the reason) units, with all rights to be unhappy about that and express their dissatisfaction.
You are happy with yours, we’ve got it, that doesn’t give you rights to belittle other paying customers.
Let GD handle it, there is no need to clutter every thread with some meaningless babble.

Edited.

5 Likes

I didn’t reply to you AFAIK. If you are interested in keeping this civil and helpful you should consider to remove your post. It is of absolute no importance and is nothing but an insult. It contains no information at all and denies the fact that I claim that the OP in fact is only providing an information about some “sound” he can hear. On top I can clearly see that you provide miss information. I already stated that my Sport is not a quiet product. Unlike others I regard it as normal based on the fact that it is a motor which is highly sophisticated but also used for industrial purposes. Tbh it is quite obvious that you gave up on agitating TD by pushing the “noise issues” now.

The very reason I have hidden his posts

3 Likes

Hi all, I have a big doubt with ACC

I own a brand new SC2 pro from a week ago coming from a TSPC.

I was testing all the games I use and the FFB is great in RF2, iRacing, AC and RR, different, but perfect, marvellous.

But In ACC and AMS2 at the end of the force in every movement to left or right exist an oscilation that makes very difficult to control the car, less in AMS2 but very strong in ACC.

I was trying all setups in TD Paddock, reading every post in the forum and watching all the Aris videos, but no mentions about this point, the dumping in the center is not the case.

I have been configuring the dumping from the game and form the SC driver and both together but the effect persist.

The question is: are you feeling this oscilation? Is it normal?

I did not feel this force in every turn with the TSPC, the ffb was not very good but enough to race.

People of Kunos are very interested in providing a good ffb, I can´t imagine them lefting this issue for SC users.

Try these settings as a starting point, drop or increase in game gain to your personal liking.
If oscillation still persists in some cars, increase TD “constantly operating” Friction and Damper.

Thanks Andrew_WOT, seems crazy but this is the configuration that better suits for me:

It´s not perfect at all, still provides some kind of intermitent resistance at the limit of the tire effort but I can live with that.

What I don´t know is if this is the intention from Kunos, this morning I´ve been comparing with iracing and rf2 in the Ferrari 488 GT3 and ACC is very very different

100% damping lol :slight_smile:
Can you even turn the wheel with higher speeds with that high amount of damping?

For sure, it produces a more consintent resistance in the limit of the tire so the oscilation in the wheel decreases. As the friction is low the wheel movement is smoother
30% of strength in ACC

Seeing you are using 100% damping, this might not be a good match for you, but since you have tried other settings, you might as well give a go to the ones i have posted a while ago

It is very “original”, do you use any Dynamic Damping in ACC at all, start at 100% and may be try to increase if needed.
100% Constantly operation Damping will make it drive like through molasses.
ACC and AC with Gyro/Dynamic Damping are two titles that require the least outside of sim oscillation control, “fixed” CSP Gyro is exception. So it’s quite surprising that you have such troubles in ACC and not in other titles. I suspect there is something else at play, custom LUT or gamma may be. :man_shrugging:

Thanks Panschoin, I tried this setup before, and now again but it does not solve the problem.
Look at this video of Jaaames:

In every corner when he is steering he has this involuntary hand movement, this is just what is happening to me, I´m trying with the same car and same track. He uses a SC2 sport.

Andrew_WOT, in AC something similar happens but not in the corners at the limit of the tires, can be easily solved with the damper gain configuration.

In ACC for making the car more “dynamic” I configured some Dynamic Damping, started at 50 and trying until 150, all works well, different sensations from 50 to 150 but nice to drive.
This “special” setup is not fully solving the case but is near of the solution.

that seems normal behaviour for high torque dd wheels…are you maybe coming from a belt/gear driven wheel?
anyway with damper at 100% you basically kill any ffb detail

Did you delete/refreshed your old config/controls.json Files in ACC? When there are old TSPC FFB Files left, the SC wont work properly

Thank you very much, I fully reinstalled ACC removing all data files but the problem persists

I was trying with a DD1 of a friend and the ffb is correct, less detailed, different, but with no problem at the moment of the tires tension.

Of course I´m not an expert, I´m an absolut ignorant, after all my tests I think that it could be caused by a misunderstanding of the SC driver about the new physics of 1.8 (or the telemetry from ACC is confused), every movement of the wheels is transferred to the steering without filtering by the car´s damping properly, no problem in the easy moments but when the car is turning over the kerbs the vertical movement of the wheels affects directly to the steering wheel

ACC developers do have Simucube 2s to test with. For the device driver and firmware, it is not possible to differentiate the driving situations.

Ok, then exist two options:

1. If I´m the only one who is feeling this forces (probably not as I can see in the Jaaame´s video), the problem is in my installation or device
  2. If everybody with a SC2 feel this forces and there is no way of configuring the TD properly, the ACC devs are not doing the same work with Fanatec and Simucube.

Comparing to the reality as can be seen in this video of the same Jaaames with a real car:

When he is turning he is not moving the hand as in ACC, the damping is afecting when the car goes straight but in the limit of the curve the steering wheel is regular, static, firm. He negociates the trajectory before of turning and corrects sometimes but in the apex there is no movement.

My friends with VRS os SC are not playing ACC time ago because the ffb and the physics, so I don´t have any other feedback of the new 1.8 version but I want to give an oportunity to ACC because I think they are doing a great effort in improving their game and explaining their improvements.

This kerbs/road irregularities “tracking” is intentional and was explained by Aris. I am surprised DD1 doesn’t show it, but it’s less reactive and detailed in general.
May be try to lower Slew Rate to bring it on par with Fanatec.
Oscillation in a traditional sense is tank slapping movement when you release wheel on a straightaway.