Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

It creates a virtual joystick which “replaces” simucube in ACC. This is needed for the purposes of the ACCFFB software.If you are interested in this let me know.

Finally got back to driving with Panos’ settings…changed it to 100% in TD and 40% in game. Only did 2 laps earlier in the week when I first tested. This “strength” felt good to me.

Tied my PB (1:48.2) at Monza in just 4 lap, with some clear mistakes on my part. Not an impressive lap by any means, but I’ve only been racing for like 30 mins max per month the past 7-8 months…very rusty and was never good to begin with…so that’s promising for me. Felt really good and I could feel the car well. FWIW I’m new to sim racing overall, only had a rig for 2-3 months prior to that 7-8 month period where I rarely, if ever, had time to race.

Thanks again for the settings, super excited to keep getting acclimated with them.

1 Like

I’ll be interested to hear if you guys feel any improvements in the FFB after this latest 1.8 update.

Sounds like it could be a nice step forward if the changelog is anything to go by :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can remove road effects altogether now, the wheel is chatty enough already.
And I doubt you would want to touch anything else after spending some time with it, it’s sooo good.

4 Likes

I don’t understand what the new damping setting does…
from the changelog :

Added Damper option under FFB settings - controls how much damping is allowed through the wheel driver’s DI Damping setting.

in TD it activates damper di effect constantly when driving with the “active” sign - full circle - so not only when the car is stationary as was before the update

edit: I posted the question in Kunos forum, let’s see if I get an answer.

Ignore it, it’s DI damper and completely redundant when Dynamic Damper is used.
For reference my settings with new physics/ffb. Lower in game gain to your liking.

1 Like

not totally sure about that, it must have some effects on the ffb since it changed the way di damper behaves in td and therefore ingame.

That sounds like they added an additional damping channel.

It behaves exactly like Min force DI Damper in AC. The amount of DI Damper left active when car is moving. I am not sure why they added it, perhaps for folks who don’t like Dynamic one and wheels not having constantly operated damper filter like SC.

EDIT: Remember that Dynamic damper is not really a Damper per se and is implemented via Constant force

I left my Panos settings as they were in TD and ACC (I had already turned Gain to 45% and Road Effects to 0%) and it’s incredible. Honestly feels amazing…really, really good.

1 Like

so as Aris just said on stream, di damping in the wheel driver - TD - should be set at 100% and ingame damper at whatever value you feel comfortable with, he’s using 50 with dynamic at 100 as usual.

2 Likes

If you indeed want to use DI Damper, which is inferior IMO to constantly operating SC damper (if you want extra on the top of Dynamic one) which also does not clutter the signal as DI.
Remember DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL from AC, this is exactly it.

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=1
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0
    DAMPER_GAIN=100
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Seems like you are all giving it a big thumbs up :+1:

I haven’t had the chance to try out the update yet but have just finished watching Aris’s live stream.

It was interesting to discover that the game previously had some degree of DI damping baked into the FFB although it couldn’t be seen or adjusted via the in game settings. I had no idea that was the case.

I’ve always had DI damping set to 100% in TD but the indicator bubble always seemed to be empty whenever I checked. For now, I think I’ll leave that where it is, set the in game damper to zero and work my way upwards to see what feels best.

1 Like

It was only for stationary condition, it’s still the same and not adjustable, the new slider is for when car starts moving.
Hope I don’t contradict to what Aris says, he is physics guru after all, but that was my understanding discussing it with Gergio.
You must have tremendous willpower for not trying new FFB out yet. :grinning:

1 Like

well, only one way to solve the mystery … @pankykapus :slight_smile:

I was watching Aris’s stream and really confused as well, he mentioned damper always present before (no proof of that based on DI effect indicators in TD except when car was stationary). And now he has oscillation he needs to control with DI Damper, when it always was Dynamic Damping alone taking full care of it.
Perhaps just misunderstanding or miscommunication.
Starts @1:30

Also in game gain settings, wouldn’t you get clipping at 100%? :thinking:

1 Like

yes, saw it live and didn’t understand that either.
what I’d like to know is :
does it work as an alternative to true drive damper or in conjunction with that?
to be active i should set di damping as active, does it make any difference in setting it to 10% or 100%? if so should I balance td di damping and ingame damper?
also, Aris has a DD1 and when he talks of natutal damping, pure damping, friction damping I really loose the plot.

I am not Aris or Gergio, may be they can explain it better, but this new Damper is DirectInput effect Damper and what he is suggesting (in translation to TD) is to set TD DI Effect Damper to 100% and control its strength from within a game using this new slider. It’s really how all DirectInput effects work.
I doubt it will be as good as SC native damper implementation (constantly operating filter) but it’s something to try and decide for yourself.

1 Like

Hey @Andrew_WOT do you still have your SC Settings like you posted above or do you already have changed something? I realy like your settings, so need something to start with the new FFB Settings.

Nothing changed as of yet. I don’t think SC users need to bother with that new DI Damper thing, we had it before in AC, native one always worked better.

1 Like