Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

ffb multiplier per car implemented in today’s update

1 Like

With the latest update, i’m finding that reducing the inertia effect down to ~5% or less feels pretty good. It feels like they really increased the inertia effect through the wheel with the updates to the tire model.

I did a 1hr medium wet race last night. Def feels like some ffb changes made to v1.6 … easier to feel front end grip.

I think I will give up playing other sims and focus on ACC only!!!

deleted everything in the custom folder (profiles, setups…etc) and loaded the SC2 profile and remapped…yeah ffb is definitely ok now. Thought i’d share.

Any idea why the SC 2 Pro oscillates wildly when you start driving on ACC? It is making me regret “upgrading” from G29 to SC2. ACC is is undrivable when the wheel behaves like this. I tried reading through this thread for help and I have played around with multiple settings on both True Drive and ACC FFB settings but no change.
Has someone been able to get rid of this?
My settings are in the pics attached.

Why do you have your bump stops set to 360deg but your steering range at 900? I doubt that should be the issue but it looks odd.

Your DirectInput damping should be on 100%.

Dynamic damping in game should be 100% too.

I don’t get any of these oscillations. Here’s my TD settings:

Ultra Low Latency Mode can cause oscillations so if using those settings don’t help set ULL to 0 and try again.

2 Likes

The tyre model has had some tweaks (as well as adding the new 2020 tyre) which will change the feel of the ffb, no changes to the ffb code have been made though. Does feel good!

I have that bump stop because I was watching Will Ford’s (Boosted Media) video on how to potentially avoid hand injuries in case of sudden wild turns of the wheel and he said setting a low degree bump stop might help as the wheel won’t continue turning past that point and thus “take your thumb for a ride”.
I will have a go with your TD settings.
I tried in-game dynamic damping at 100% and also at 0% already and nothing took away this oscillation though.

never had any injury risk since I own dd wheels. anyway with such a narrow bumpstop you don’t get anywhere near the full range of dor requested by all ACC cars. usually gt3 range from 450 to 900 (Porsche 911 old version) therefore having it at 360 doesn’t make a lot of sense, also ACC has auto-lock so setting bumpstops at 900 will automatically set the correct steering range per car basis.
and as already pointed out, lower dyn damp to 100 ingame and try adding some Friction into TD, around 5%.

Thanks for everyone’s input! Tried what you guys recommended but absolutely no change. :frowning: I’m lost…

It does feel better on center to me as well now, I think.
Still it’s unplayable to me, bc of the ffb, unf.

1. My ongoing issues, that on turning the wheel towards the center very fast when driving above ~80kmh, there are no wheels on the road, no resistance, just turn the steering as fast as you like, nothing… Feels weird & not real to me. I think this resistance could help remove some of those oscillations, btw.
  2. It feels like there’s a ffb wall building up when turning the wheel. Not linearly more force the more you point away from center, but an exponential build up(why I call it a wall). I am sure you can set up real cars to feel like that too, I just would never do it, since I hate it :slightly_smiling_face: I wish they would add a slider for it or remove that little math operation from the equation.

Still looking forward to the day I can enjoy this title.
Am supporting the sim either way, btw, just purchased the latest dlc. Also looking forward to enjoying that one day :slightly_smiling_face:

I will try uninstalling and re-installing both the game and TD. Let’s see if that makes a difference.

Absolutely agree with the comment on bumpstop range being lower than steering range. I ve seen this a couple of times already in other people settings. Steering range in TD and ingame should always match. For bumpstop i would also say to allow 20 degrees more and put it on soft. Now about the auto lock in ACC you are mentioning, this is not like the hardware lock like in AC, right? As far as i remember, the ingame car wheel matches the rotation but there is no lock to the physical wheel, it will continue rotating until the set bumpstop.

exactly, there is no hard lock in ACC, I hope it will be implemented soon

Ok, so my issue was caused by the lut config file I had created back in my Logitech G29 days when I tried to optimise the FFB of it for ACC, according to some articles I read on Racedepartment. I had completely forgotten I still had it active in my ACC config folder but yesterday when I deleted it, the oscillation of my SC2 Pro stopped and now the wheel feels fine. Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

3 Likes

hi NuScorpi,
i have never seen such TD setting for ACC !
i ve red upper, ultra low latency should not be used for ACC.
Same, i ve never seen that DirectInput damping should be on 100%.
i ll give a try

I think you can set it as high as you want as long as it doesn’t introduce oscillations. At least with my settings it is working ok. Although ULL is the one setting I can’t really say that I notice much if any difference on. If I understand it correctly it is to reduce latency on the steering angle signal from wheel to PC, rather than operating on the ffb itself.

Thanks for posting this.
I still can’t get this game to feel right to me, but your post pointed me to the LUT files, so at least now I have something that’s on the edge of acceptable for my taste.
I had to generate a LUT file by a small python script and then add some pretty crazy dampening settings in TD to get there(50%-75%). Still nowhere near “good”, imo, but at least I got the “wall of resistance” somewhat under control. Unf. it seems ACC builds up that wall by means of too much force (imho) based on the steering angle, which cannot be brought back in control by a LUT file, without also accepting that it lowers the forces on high speed cornering. It seems to me that high speed cornering feel has been drowned out from ACC, in general, because of that steering angle force as well. It also feels/seems like a true dampener is missing completely in the ffb code, or it might not be set up to counter that same high force from the steering angle.
I could very well be wrong on all of this, but it’s how I feel it.

Anyways thanks for posting what had caused your issue!

@Andrew_WOT If you don’t mind, can you please share your TD and in-game settings for ACC? Your VR settings set is so good, that I figured your FFB settings are equally dialed-in. I know FFB is a bit more subjective, but I’d still be very grateful nonetheless to try your settings.

Also, @SuperMonaco_GP, if you could do the same, that would be awesome! I’ve really enjoyed your settings for other titles. I apologize if they were posted recently for ACC and I missed them.

+1 for the above question.