Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

My settings —

Everything off apart from:

Reconstruction filter: 1
Friction 6
Inertia 12
DI Damping 100%

Strength is just whatever suits you.

Any filters on top of above just dampen what’s coming out of the game.

Here are my settings. These are mainly the original basic settings. Only changed the Recon Filter. Love it very much but only with using 2 buttkickers (i need them for every game - little motor rpm and for gear changes). Very detailed and the gain setting ingame depends on the used wheel (here 30%for my SRB GT3 and 35% on the heavier SSRG Wheel) but FFB is very very very own preference and sometimes you have to get used to it.

1 Like

I’m noticing that ACC doesn’t provide any feedback when the car is stationary when I start a race, only when moving. Is there a setting that can fix this? Would be cool to feel some resistance left and right turning the wheel while stationary.

Probably only if you want to mess up the force feedback for when it actually matters.

Also — surely there are more forces when driving a car with downforce?

I had feedback with my accuforce, so I’m assuming it’s a wheel setting but it doesn’t sound like something I can change sadly.

@tlsmikey,

I’m curious how otherwise ACC feels on the Accuforce VS the SC2? About the same or very different?

Best thing to do would be to turn off all the filters - reconstruction to zero - etc

If it’s there then it’s there from the game.

1 Like

hi, this is my TD profile AssettoCorsaCompetizione_2020.11.29_23.32.ini.txt (890 Bytes)
ingame I simply loaded the SC2 Sport profile and raised Gain by a bit, like 5%.

2 Likes

The AF and SC2 are different. The AF is very snappy at low forces where the SC2 feels more linear. The upside for the AF is that the filter is a slider and for some reason I feel like there was more fidelity at lower levels. I’m not sure if that’s a filter thing or the inherent inertia and dampening of the SC2 motor. Overall, the SC2 is a much better platform but the AF was really good for the price.

1 Like

I got my SC2 Pro a couple of weeks ago. I spent about 5-6 hours configuring Assetto Corsa (not ACC) this past weekend and the FFB feels in the same ball park as rF2 now (also helped by a transducer and NLR V3)so the progression from least feel to most feel is:

ACC -> PC2 -> AC -> AMS2 -> rF2. (I don’t use iRacing).

What’s missing for me in ACC:

1. Gyro effects on the wheels and suspension. Great place to test this is the Bus Stop chicane. In rF2 if you overcook the first curb and lurch over onto the left wheels, you can feel the unloaded right-side wheels both oscillating and spinning. It’s incredible. In ACC with the standard SC2 FFB profile, that’s missing.
  2. Feeling of the slicks on the road. In ACC I just cannot feel the contact with the road surface and the mass of the wheels. I do feel them in most instances of slip/scrub. In real life I’ve been lucky enough to drive some slick shod racing cars and, so far, only rF2 simulates the feeling of those wheels. I would be fine if ACC gets to even half of that, given the other production values and the superb experience in general.

Curb feel is decent, especially on Imola for some reason it seems better than on other tracks.

I will try NuScorpii’s settings (I use his AMS2 custom FFB file). If anyone else has advice on how to improve ACC in the last version (1.6 I believe) that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Happy to share here my settings on ACC and TD for my SC2 Pro (+ bass shakers). These are a mix of different settings found here and in youtube… At the moment quite satisfied on how it feels on the 2019 911II GT3 R :slight_smile:

Here a useful video IMHO:

2 Likes

You really shouldn’t be using a minimum force other than 0 with a DD wheel. It is meant for belt / gear wheels where the motors are not strong enough to register lower forces. The effect on a DD wheel will be a constant vibration as any details will come in at 1% strength, you’ll lose the 0%-1% subtle effects. It will be always giving you 1% strength one direction or the other, never go down to 0. That may be why you have had to use high recon filter and damping.

Good to know! Thanks! Will set to 0 now :wink:

Will try also less Recon filter!

Edit: minimum force set to 0. Recon filter to 3 instead of 5. Feels betterindeed! thanks!

that is a strong setting

must be brutal on long races …

I only have mine at 40% in game and is crazy when driving cars with out power steering perfect for me on ACC though

1 Like

Humm, at the end I suppose it is really depends on what you want to achieve. For me I try to “replicate” as much as possible a real GT3/ GT2 race car. For sure with less force and tweaking the sounds I could be faster but this is not my goal.

So far I did only 10 to 30 min races against AI (91%, 91%) and if feels good :slight_smile:
And the cleaner you drive, the smoother it is…LOL…

If I do endurance races I will however have to do more power training in the gym maybe …LOL

with such a high gain you are surely clipping pretty much anywhere

2 Likes

I monitored this in the ACC HUD app (and via the notification sounds of the SC2 Pro TD) indeed.

So far I drove only Monza and there with the 2019 911II GT3R, regular aggressive setup, it clipped actually only when I hit the curbs too hard or when I drive quite aggressively or drive over the sausage etc…LOL…

So with these settings you definitely should drive smoothly on the ideal line. That way it saves also your tires, fuel etc… Well like in real life …LOL…

GT3 cars are gentleman endurance racers. They have strong power steering systems so that the slightly older portly racing driver can handle them for a few hours. These are not like single seater high down force cars which do produce massive torque when cornering.

1 Like

Nicely written…LOL…And there is something true about this indeed…By “old” it means older than 20 y.o. indeed…And in many cases the mechanics and the dealership are the one who “adapt” the car to the (rich) customer…LOL…Look especially at Ferrari …LOL…

But when you compare car racing and motorcycle racing, you understand how cost and money change the whole thing…LOL…You also don’t see so many “old” guys there…At least who are able to walk without any problems…LOL

I once read that GT3 cars have about 7-8Nm at the steering wheel. 92% is way beyond that.

1 Like