Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

How should I set ULL on Iracing and how much the reconstruction filter adds input lag from a value to 1 to 5 or 6?

You can ask in iRacing thread, I am not into that title.

None of the filters in Simucube products add any input lag.

No difference, zero, in terms of milliseconds with reconstruction on 1 or 6? Sounds impossibleā€¦

Perhaps SC2 can process it faster than SC1 so lag is lower. From SC2 user guide

And from SC1

Iā€™ve read about that AC DI damping bug a few places, but Iā€™ve never noticed a difference when enabling or disabling it. How would it manifest itself?

For me it was some digital noise present at low filter values, that disappeared when setting
DAMPER_GAIN to 0.
That was back in OSW days, I havenā€™t tried it with Damper on on SC2, perhaps new SC2 filters are good enough to mask it out completely.

1 Like

Input lag is from encoder read, servo drive processing, communication of that to Simucube processor and then via USB to PC.

Encoder read, servo drive processing and all of this communication run in such a way that exactly constant rate is being maintained whatever filters are running.

There is vibration on front loss of traction / understeer. Maybe it is that you are feeling?

Cheers Mate, let us now what you find. Paul has given probably more accurate number to use, as I donā€™t use Force Reduction at all, but I have tested quite extensively and can see how some would like to have it for non-powersteer cars :wink:

1 Like

Interesting new fact, at least to me.
So if latency is constant, how Ultra Low Latency works, does it actually lower it?

That is mostly due to rough 60hz signal on iRacing, it is normal. I am so used to it after 6 years on DD wheels, it doesnā€™t bother me at all anymore.

You should have seen what my Lenze servo sounded back in the good old Argon days before we had any smart Simulation filters for the Argon. It was hectic, especially with very raw signal.

Different story today, so you can only pick up some noise around center with higher torque levels and signal reversal, but these could of course be reduced with use of lower torque bandwidth limit, higher reconstruction filter and slew rate, or a combination of all. I think people are not used to these powerful servos and also the fact that there will be noises coming from even solid rigs, if running higher torque levels. But yes, normal stuff :wink:

ULL filter typically sit in the range of 8-16%, I set it to the level my servo can tolerate without causing oscillation. This will be very dependant on your final torque level, servo used, even simulator, as iRacing will probably be able to tolerate a moderate setting here due to low ffb signal rate.

I will recommend running it as high as you can without the additional side-effect above as you can, but like said, mine is typically 8-16% level. YMMV.

Cheers,
Beano

Ah yes, the Ultra Low Latency filter does effectively reduce delay (compensation), but it is the only one of the filters that does affect input lag. I wonder if the original poster talked about output lag?

iRacing tolerates larger values on this filter due to update rate being low. When I tried it with rFactor 2, the FFB in game went unstable at large values.

1 Like

Hi Andrew, can you please share your actual ACC and AC Settings ingame and in TD. This whould be awesome and whould help a lot!

1 Like

My advice would be to decrease bandwidth (3300MHz or less) and increase inertia and damping.

I have ULL at 0 and Recon at 3. Generally speaking I have much higher damping/friction/inertia values than yours (in the 15-25 range), so my settings may not work for you.

DirectInput damping should be at 100%. As far as I understand the others can be anything as theyā€™re not used by ACC.

Hello all,

Got back into ACC again and it seems strange that that there is a difference in how the GT3 cars and the GT Intercontinetal Challenge cars drive - for example, the GT3 Porsche 911 feels really understeery whereas the GT Challenge 911 feels great! Is this the case or something going on with me SC2??

Thanks.

thatā€™s 2 totally different cars, there is the 911 and the 911.ii

Oh so the 2018 911 and 2019 911 and the GT Challenge 911 are all different?

the 2018 is the ā€œoldā€ 911 gt3, the 2019 is the new 911.ii and in the IGTC there are both models.

1 Like