Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

If it helps, coming from AC, I hated ACC FFB at first.
It is less in your face for sure, so does need more attentive “ears” to hear what’s going on, like listening to the music at a lower volume. But after it clicks, going somewhere else feels like a downgrade.

1 Like

I’ve found inertia definitely helps and is better than friction when it comes to catching slides. It also gives a better feeling of having weight in the steering system, like it is connected to something. Try this:

Recon 2
Damper 2%
Friction 8%
Inertia 14%
Static force reduction Off
Slew Rate Limit Off
ULL Mode 5%

But yeah it could be just how expectations differ. As the cars speed increases the static tyre friction decreases which is why it is easier to turn the wheel when moving. The higher the speed the less resistance to turning the wheels and the forces are dominated by suspension geometry and weight distribution. I believe that will start to feel more like a spring. ACC is very smooth compared to AMS2 which probably doesn’t help with it feeling more spring like. I did feel it was odd at first but I’ve played a lot of ACC recently and not much of anything else, so now ACC feels better for me when going back to PC2 or AMS2.

What is the purpose of ULL mode, ACC does not oscillate by definition but from my experience ULL messing up signal.

1 Like

I gave it a go just now with multiple settings. No luck. Nothing can help this thing out of its misery here. Not even inertia helps much.

It’s REALLY weird. Contrary to how it works for you, on my setup ACC is def. not softer than PC2 or AMS2. It also, again contrary to your experience, builds up at speed, so turning becomes harder the faster I go. It seems to me it’s exactly this building up hardness that feels like a spring. It’s why it feels ok up until about 80kmh but then that spring feel is there and gets stronger with more speed.

WTF is going on… Your description of how it feels on your rig does not match what I experience here, from the sound of it, for sure.

As I remember you run VR mostly as well, right? So I assume your experience is based on such?
It’s the only thing I did not try: To run on the monitor. It’s not easy to do with the way my rig is set up.

Thanks again for trying!

Turning is harder the faster you go, very much dependant on car, setup if it, things like castor, camber, etc…

You can use the Torque Reduction Filter to reduce/eliminate that phenomenon, if you do wish. For a start, try between 15-25%, but you can use higher values also, whatever feels comfortable for you.

1 Like

Yes, GT3 cars have downforce so the centring force will get stronger the faster you go on top of the forces due to what @phillip.vanrensburg mentioned. What I was talking about was the friction of the tyres turning decreasing as you go faster, but that should go very quickly.

I only run ACC in VR and depending on time of day it runs at 90fps or 45fps with ASW. There isn’t any change in feeling to the FFB though between those so I doubt it is that.

Do you have the GT4 pack? They have a lot less down force so may feel better / more like a normal car.

I leave all my Direct Input effects at 100% strength. Damping is the only one that is ever active and only when stationary, but may be worth checking.

Don’t forget that GT3 cars have power assisted steering too so are meant to be fairly easy to turn the wheel without fighting it. If you have an overly heavy wheel maybe the strength is set too high? In TD I have overall strength at 70% and in game gain at 40.

2 Likes

@klesden Definitely have a play with the force reduction as Phillip suggested. I can’t drive ACC without it due to the overblown build up of forces through corners. I’ve found 14% is a good sweetspot.

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys, I will try your suggestions and see if anything makes it go my way :slightly_smiling_face:
It won’t be today, but will post back when done.

-K

I have been trying to work this out all week

I ended up at 100% TD and 38% in game

I put road effects to 20% as I think it adds to the realism on laser scanned tracks

Between turn 2 and turn 4 at Monza you really have to hold onto it

I am getting what I perceive as driving on rubber, and that is what it should be

very happy with this wheel base, getting great results with it in Race Room as well

Just one quick thing, I had weird FFB in AC and ACC after playing some other titles before as if effects memory wasn’t cleared. Try to restart wheelbase just before starting ACC. Resonanse reduction filter to off can also help.
And try to play with Dynamic damping, may be this is what makes it feel off to you.

Andrew, another thing i noticed was that the DI Damping effect is always active even when driving, i thought it was only when stationary. I am not sure if that slider in TD would play a role together with the Dynamic Damping of the sim.

it is generated by the game, but only active when the car is stationary, balloon is empty not full black

Yes, but I always set DI damping to 0 regardless. There was bug in AC, still is, when some residual damping effect was still active even after car started moving. They probably fixed that in ACC.

1 Like

Good evening, on my simucube 2 pro with ACC my base motor while turning into the cornes begins to vibrates, even I left from the track and goes on the track, and it’s very annoying
Settings are:
Recon 3, unlimited bandwidth, damping 4, friction 0, inertia 3, static force reduction off, slew rate off, ultra low latency 16.
Into the direct input effect fine tuning:
Damping 20 and the rest 100
No vibration on Iracing and assetto Corsa

This is most likely just TC getting activated, dashboard should show when it’s on.
And you don’t need ULL, set it to 0. What’s your in game settings?

On acc: rorce 30%, minum force 0, dynamic 100, road effects 0, frequency 333.
Why ultra low latency should set to 0?

ULL is to control oscillations, ACC has dynamic damping for that.
The problem with ULL is that it adds some things to the signal that can create unwanted side effects.
Also turn off Resonance Reduction. It was observed to cause some negative effect as well.

Some discussion on ULL

Thank you Andrew, I also set off ULL and resonance reduction but a little noise accompanied with vibration is still persist, only if I set the slew rate to 0,10 or set higher the reconstruction filter it begins to reduce drastically

I recorded a video

I think it’s normal for high res signal from ACC.