Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

I think we need to see you settings (games and TD) :wink:

So here is what I got on True Drive. This is for a Simucube 2 Pro.

1 Like

Hi - what were your final settings for ACC. I have a sport model too and would like to try them out. Iā€™m not good with settings so I prefer to use other people settings.

Secondly, do settings change for different models of SC2 I.e. will pro model have different settings to sport etc.

I settled with TD default ACC profile, it feels great as it did before latest updates. ingame I use around 65 or 70% depending on the car, 0 min force, 100% dynamic damping, 0 road feel, 333hz ffb rate.
900 dor, steering gamma at 1.

2 Likes

Hello,
Before the hardware issues with my ultimate I always use ACC and iracing but honestly I never thinking in changing my SC to a competitor. I tried the competitors and is really good but itā€™s not comparable to SC.
People have to wait for the new ffb controller and Recon v2.

Iā€™ve been playing ACC almost exclusively since my DD1 purchase in August (a bug-riddled mess now sold for the SC2 Pro arriving tomorrow!). Fanatec may have been the first manufacturer to make sure Kunos is swimming in their hardware, but donā€™t underestimate Kunosā€™s rare dedication to pure racing for their customers at their own expense. Every update brings massive improvements to the sim, and new features galore, for free. Just read the latest patch notes on steam; I think only 2 months passed since the update before it and itā€™s pages and pages long, with 3 hotfix updates inside the next 2 days. Many of the improvements came straight from user requests and feedback from the forums.

They basically sold their soul to the devil to get Suzuka rights for the upcoming Intercontinental GT DLC, which like all their other tracks, will be laser scanned. They did not have to do this. Also, they have no announced plans to develop any other title any time soon, which means their focus is entirely on making sure customers who have already paid are kept happy, which will bring in new ones.

Lastly, devs are constantly interacting with ACC forums - and outside forums. Look out for Aristotelis (lead dev I believe), pankykapus, and Minolin.

3 Likes

Iā€™m on SC1 but this is the only ACC thread. I reinstalled the game from scratch last night, did a few laps and noticed thereā€™s not road feel or curb feel at all. I can bounce a curb at Nring and the wheel doesnā€™t care. I was using the 720s GT3 with aggressive setup. I also canā€™t feel any load in the wheel and thereā€™s no torque being applied at initial steering input. Is there some json file setting I need to tweak to make this work with SC1 motors?

Hi Robert

There is a dedicated thread with various settings that may help you out here:
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/assetto-corsa-competizione/1664

2 Likes

Lately trying to drive ACC and donā€™t understand one thingā€¦ I can feel wheels scraping asphalt, can feel ABS shaking wheel and some red/white curbs. But i donā€™t feel suspension at all, like 0ā€¦ like than driving yellow sausages are flat as glass. For example in iR i can feel suspension, but less road surface feel and in ACC itā€™s totally opposite.
Any suggestions?
SC2 Pro with 20Nm, Recon at 5, Unlimited, all other filters are 0

Why would you turn off road effects?

Had the same issue, deleted all my old ACC folders (pre 1.0 TBH)
After downloading a fresh copy it felt a lot better!
Also donā€™t dial the caster setting too low.

@Matthew_Hillman
Road effects in ACC is 100% at 0, above 0 is 100%+ ā€œyour settingā€

1 Like

Oh I didnā€™t know that, thanks for letting me know. I shall set mine to 0% when I get home.

[quote]
Road effects in ACC is 100% at 0, above 0 is 100%+ ā€œyour settingā€[/quote]

yah but what entails ā€œyour settingā€
damping is the only direct input filter that is being used actively in ACC; all others arenā€™t.

fwiw i run 0 damping, and friction in TD and ran some back to back tests with road effect at 12% vs 0% i found 0% road effects to be slightly faster, but it doesnā€™t feel real. you feel the road way less other than the kerb strikes, and because the bumps dontā€™ affect your inputs as much, you can charge the corners way more esp on bumpy circuits.

Damper is only for stationary wheel resistance.
Same as AC.
When you have road effect above 0, you are setting it at 11, that is emphasize what was calculated by physics.
Nothing wrong with that if you like it more this way.
But, it increases road mesh noise that some try to compensate with extta filtering or dampening.
If you feel that you need to do that, try dropping road effects first.

2 Likes

Well i wouldnā€™t say itā€™s a lot better, still no feel of driving over sausagesā€¦ but thanks anyway

What do you guys set your reconstruction filter to? The default in the ACC profile is 8. Seems kinda high given ACCā€™s high FFB update rate?

Iā€™ve always kept the Reconstruction setting at 3

2 Likes

I am fine with 1, same as AC, in fact using same profile for both.

Personal preference, increase if you feel it grainy at low settings. Recon filter tuning is easy, just keep in mind that higher settings introduce latency and more signal artifacts.

2 Likes

For some reason its always recommended to run ridiculously high recon settings. Im at 1.

2 Likes

The default ACC profile is one from this very thread, albeit from quite a while ago. The settings were then said to be quite good.

If there is a better profile to use instead, we will add it.

2 Likes