Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

This is the default ACC profile shipped with latest TD.
Lots of things just don’t make sense in the context of that title, even DOR is wrong.
Recon at 8? It’s 333Hz FFB, what do we gain from such high value except losing details and adding latency.
Damper and Friction DI Effects at 10%, why? ACC only using damper and only for stationary resistance, not friction.
ULC at 10%, ACC does not have oscillation at all, what purpose ULC serves otherwise, is it for that non documented “rubberry feeling” side effect.
Friction at 7% and Inertia at 17%. Any significance in using these rather odd number instead of say 5 and 15.
If GD recommends some profile settings based on internal knowledge of servo and software, can we please have reasoning for these recommendations explained. Every change even if it does not have effect like DI Friction at 10%, should have meaning.
My reaction to the values was just “Err… no thanks, I think we can do better than that”.

3 Likes

The game has been updated several times since the profile was made, including FFB rate improvements/changes.

1 Like

Here is what I’ve been using most recently. Perhaps if we posted our settings it might allow us to get a ballpark template that Mika could agree to and add in place of the current version?

5 Likes

There was no way to make a good working profile when the ffb didn’t work right until they added the 360hz option. Why anyone even bothered is beyond me before that. My process before that was try the ffb shelf it until the next update. It was that obvious something was horribly wrong with the ffb.

These are my settings: In ACC FFB 100%, Damping 0%, 540°
Really happy with them.

2 Likes

Another proof of how useless the default profile is.
Ask 100 users for their preferred settings and you’ll get 100 different answers with very few having ability to explain why exactly they use these values except “it feels good and I like it, buzz off”

Hopefully TD will retain all current functionality to allow tuning to everyone’s liking as flexibility and abundance of tuning parameters is the actual strength and true competitive advantage of SC2 package.

2 Likes

I’m using the default profile since it was implemented in td, and feeling very good with that, just lowered recon to 2.
all that said, I really don’t understand your constant ranting about everything in any thread, all against the Simucube team and their work.
it’s getting really annoying dude.
seriously, just get another wheelbase if there is so much that bothers you about SC2

2 Likes

Perhaps you can work with @Exact-Performance and get some baselines for different games. His AC profile is by far the best I’ve come across when comparing to real life tracking cars at a competitive pace.

3 Likes

That’s a good suggestion from @RobertR1

I think it would help Mika to lower his workload if he was able to ask his most trusted testers of each title to help formulate a template, time permitting of course.

We are thinking exactly something like that.

3 Likes

I tried those settings, felt really bad for me, much worse thank default ones on td…with all those effects, they might be good for belt or gear driven wheels, but really there is no reason to have them on dd wheels

1 Like

Again: This is why we need a upload/download settings database…

3 Likes

Upload/download profiles database is also something we’ve been thinking. Technically not as easy to set up as immediately have to think about spam / profile versioning / etc.

2 Likes

Like others people said, the AC settings from @Exact-Performance are exellent! It would be great if he could come back and bring us some superb settings for ACC

Personaly prefer what Esx Paul is using at the momment for ACC , it’s a few posts before this … try it and see what you think.

Exact-Performance posted few AC profiles with quite different settings.
This is his last contribution, is that what most people reference here?

Andrew, the reference for the settings I use were in this post

There are screen grabs 2 posts above the one I linked, albeit slightly different due to them being for the SC2 Ultimate.

2 Likes

Thanks Paul, is that what you are using now, including AC in game settings?
I think if you dial down to 0 most special effects in AC (I’d keep 10% slip) you could get away with lower Recon Filter and not as much dampening/friction/inertia.
Matter of taste but all these extra road effects add noise that needs to be compensated one way or another.

1 Like

It’s been a few months since I’ve played AC but I know my TD settings are the same. I’ve dialed back some of the in game effects.

Your advice does makes sense and I will do some back to back comparisons of the two approaches next time I play it.

Come to think about it, I don’t think I’ve fired AC up for at least 4 months or so due to ACC :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’ve spent most of my time recently in ACC as well. Love all the improvements Kunos has made to this game since release.