Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

Thanks for everyone’s input! Tried what you guys recommended but absolutely no change. :frowning: I’m lost…

It does feel better on center to me as well now, I think.
Still it’s unplayable to me, bc of the ffb, unf.

1. My ongoing issues, that on turning the wheel towards the center very fast when driving above ~80kmh, there are no wheels on the road, no resistance, just turn the steering as fast as you like, nothing… Feels weird & not real to me. I think this resistance could help remove some of those oscillations, btw.
  2. It feels like there’s a ffb wall building up when turning the wheel. Not linearly more force the more you point away from center, but an exponential build up(why I call it a wall). I am sure you can set up real cars to feel like that too, I just would never do it, since I hate it :slightly_smiling_face: I wish they would add a slider for it or remove that little math operation from the equation.

Still looking forward to the day I can enjoy this title.
Am supporting the sim either way, btw, just purchased the latest dlc. Also looking forward to enjoying that one day :slightly_smiling_face:

I will try uninstalling and re-installing both the game and TD. Let’s see if that makes a difference.

Absolutely agree with the comment on bumpstop range being lower than steering range. I ve seen this a couple of times already in other people settings. Steering range in TD and ingame should always match. For bumpstop i would also say to allow 20 degrees more and put it on soft. Now about the auto lock in ACC you are mentioning, this is not like the hardware lock like in AC, right? As far as i remember, the ingame car wheel matches the rotation but there is no lock to the physical wheel, it will continue rotating until the set bumpstop.

exactly, there is no hard lock in ACC, I hope it will be implemented soon

Ok, so my issue was caused by the lut config file I had created back in my Logitech G29 days when I tried to optimise the FFB of it for ACC, according to some articles I read on Racedepartment. I had completely forgotten I still had it active in my ACC config folder but yesterday when I deleted it, the oscillation of my SC2 Pro stopped and now the wheel feels fine. Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

3 Likes

hi NuScorpi,
i have never seen such TD setting for ACC !
i ve red upper, ultra low latency should not be used for ACC.
Same, i ve never seen that DirectInput damping should be on 100%.
i ll give a try

I think you can set it as high as you want as long as it doesn’t introduce oscillations. At least with my settings it is working ok. Although ULL is the one setting I can’t really say that I notice much if any difference on. If I understand it correctly it is to reduce latency on the steering angle signal from wheel to PC, rather than operating on the ffb itself.

Thanks for posting this.
I still can’t get this game to feel right to me, but your post pointed me to the LUT files, so at least now I have something that’s on the edge of acceptable for my taste.
I had to generate a LUT file by a small python script and then add some pretty crazy dampening settings in TD to get there(50%-75%). Still nowhere near “good”, imo, but at least I got the “wall of resistance” somewhat under control. Unf. it seems ACC builds up that wall by means of too much force (imho) based on the steering angle, which cannot be brought back in control by a LUT file, without also accepting that it lowers the forces on high speed cornering. It seems to me that high speed cornering feel has been drowned out from ACC, in general, because of that steering angle force as well. It also feels/seems like a true dampener is missing completely in the ffb code, or it might not be set up to counter that same high force from the steering angle.
I could very well be wrong on all of this, but it’s how I feel it.

Anyways thanks for posting what had caused your issue!

@Andrew_WOT If you don’t mind, can you please share your TD and in-game settings for ACC? Your VR settings set is so good, that I figured your FFB settings are equally dialed-in. I know FFB is a bit more subjective, but I’d still be very grateful nonetheless to try your settings.

Also, @SuperMonaco_GP, if you could do the same, that would be awesome! I’ve really enjoyed your settings for other titles. I apologize if they were posted recently for ACC and I missed them.

+1 for the above question.

My settings —

Everything off apart from:

Reconstruction filter: 1
Friction 6
Inertia 12
DI Damping 100%

Strength is just whatever suits you.

Any filters on top of above just dampen what’s coming out of the game.

Here are my settings. These are mainly the original basic settings. Only changed the Recon Filter. Love it very much but only with using 2 buttkickers (i need them for every game - little motor rpm and for gear changes). Very detailed and the gain setting ingame depends on the used wheel (here 30%for my SRB GT3 and 35% on the heavier SSRG Wheel) but FFB is very very very own preference and sometimes you have to get used to it.

1 Like

I’m noticing that ACC doesn’t provide any feedback when the car is stationary when I start a race, only when moving. Is there a setting that can fix this? Would be cool to feel some resistance left and right turning the wheel while stationary.

Probably only if you want to mess up the force feedback for when it actually matters.

Also — surely there are more forces when driving a car with downforce?

I had feedback with my accuforce, so I’m assuming it’s a wheel setting but it doesn’t sound like something I can change sadly.

@tlsmikey,

I’m curious how otherwise ACC feels on the Accuforce VS the SC2? About the same or very different?

Best thing to do would be to turn off all the filters - reconstruction to zero - etc

If it’s there then it’s there from the game.

1 Like

hi, this is my TD profile AssettoCorsaCompetizione_2020.11.29_23.32.ini.txt (890 Bytes)
ingame I simply loaded the SC2 Sport profile and raised Gain by a bit, like 5%.

2 Likes

The AF and SC2 are different. The AF is very snappy at low forces where the SC2 feels more linear. The upside for the AF is that the filter is a slider and for some reason I feel like there was more fidelity at lower levels. I’m not sure if that’s a filter thing or the inherent inertia and dampening of the SC2 motor. Overall, the SC2 is a much better platform but the AF was really good for the price.

1 Like