Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

it is generated by the game, but only active when the car is stationary, balloon is empty not full black

Yes, but I always set DI damping to 0 regardless. There was bug in AC, still is, when some residual damping effect was still active even after car started moving. They probably fixed that in ACC.

1 Like

Good evening, on my simucube 2 pro with ACC my base motor while turning into the cornes begins to vibrates, even I left from the track and goes on the track, and it’s very annoying
Settings are:
Recon 3, unlimited bandwidth, damping 4, friction 0, inertia 3, static force reduction off, slew rate off, ultra low latency 16.
Into the direct input effect fine tuning:
Damping 20 and the rest 100
No vibration on Iracing and assetto Corsa

This is most likely just TC getting activated, dashboard should show when it’s on.
And you don’t need ULL, set it to 0. What’s your in game settings?

On acc: rorce 30%, minum force 0, dynamic 100, road effects 0, frequency 333.
Why ultra low latency should set to 0?

ULL is to control oscillations, ACC has dynamic damping for that.
The problem with ULL is that it adds some things to the signal that can create unwanted side effects.
Also turn off Resonance Reduction. It was observed to cause some negative effect as well.

Some discussion on ULL

Thank you Andrew, I also set off ULL and resonance reduction but a little noise accompanied with vibration is still persist, only if I set the slew rate to 0,10 or set higher the reconstruction filter it begins to reduce drastically

I recorded a video

I think it’s normal for high res signal from ACC.

How should I set ULL on Iracing and how much the reconstruction filter adds input lag from a value to 1 to 5 or 6?

You can ask in iRacing thread, I am not into that title.

None of the filters in Simucube products add any input lag.

No difference, zero, in terms of milliseconds with reconstruction on 1 or 6? Sounds impossible…

Perhaps SC2 can process it faster than SC1 so lag is lower. From SC2 user guide

And from SC1

I’ve read about that AC DI damping bug a few places, but I’ve never noticed a difference when enabling or disabling it. How would it manifest itself?

For me it was some digital noise present at low filter values, that disappeared when setting
DAMPER_GAIN to 0.
That was back in OSW days, I haven’t tried it with Damper on on SC2, perhaps new SC2 filters are good enough to mask it out completely.

1 Like

Input lag is from encoder read, servo drive processing, communication of that to Simucube processor and then via USB to PC.

Encoder read, servo drive processing and all of this communication run in such a way that exactly constant rate is being maintained whatever filters are running.

There is vibration on front loss of traction / understeer. Maybe it is that you are feeling?

Cheers Mate, let us now what you find. Paul has given probably more accurate number to use, as I don’t use Force Reduction at all, but I have tested quite extensively and can see how some would like to have it for non-powersteer cars :wink:

1 Like

Interesting new fact, at least to me.
So if latency is constant, how Ultra Low Latency works, does it actually lower it?