Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

Configure it the other way around… 100% in game and 25-50% on wheel… That way a spike/ glitch cannot reach more than the max force set at the wheel… The only downside can be the chance of some cars clipping, wich can be easily cured by manually tweaking per car with the ingame app…

I do some AC physics modding myself and try to extract maximum fidelity out of the game engine, thus 100% in game is 100% steering forces, that way you never have clipping and can experience the full dynamic range of a DD wheel, without the side effects of compression.

In this document I posted my preferred settings (subjective of course) on page 22. https://www.mediafire.com/file/11k2mfut99ljfle/AC+Legends+GT+Classics+3.0+release+notes.2020-11.pdf/file

3 Likes

Great settings! Thank you so much for sharing. REALLY dumb question, but how on earth do I change FFB in-game? I can’t seem to find the setting anywhere, but maybe it’s just hidden with VR or something.

move your mouse all the way to the right and a hidden menu will appear containing a lot of “apps”, there are many settings you can tweak in-game with these apps… look for the FFB settings app.

1 Like

In game FFB settings can be changed on a per car basis using the - and + keys on the numpad.

2 Likes

Hi guys, I have a Semicube 2 pro and I play a lot with mod and rally stages, I would like to put a good configuration to my steering wheel base and my content manager. I don’t know if I’m taking advantage of my semicube base.I thank you very much. Greetings.

If you could pass me screenshots of the True drivers and CM, it would be ideal for me.

The settings are really subjective, I would try some for the linked settings above and then tweak those to suit your own taste.

The best settings depend also on the amount of force you prefer, the car you drive and the track.

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you have posted settings and taken the time to explain certain settings. I love RF2 but the rough edges were getting to me. Only thing stopping me from playing Assetto Corsa again was the FF, as everything else about it is spectacular. Now after reading this thread and trying/tweaking some of your TD settings, it feels great. Thanks again to all for helping a layman like me get there :+1:

5 Likes

hi all, so i had to reinstall ac recently, today i redone all the content manager + sol + csp setup and went to edit the usual game files, thing is no matter if i edit those values as how they should be (gamma=1 and damper gain =0) they keep on showing those values instead :
Immagine 2021-07-11 011032 Immagine 2021-07-11 011052
(on the left, ffb_post_process.ini in ac doc folder, on the right assetto_corsa.ini in ac/system).
thing is, i played today after setting up everything and all was fine as usual, went back tonight and ffb felt strange and i didn’t know why untill i checked those files.
for reference, i am using sol 2.1 and csp 1.74
thanks

As long as ENABLED=0 (default) the other values don’t matter.

1 Like

Right, forgot about that…then the problem must be in damper gain=1

That can be an issue, yes.

I tried to change it with cm open and closed, also remapped the wheel but keeps on showing =1. And I can’t verify game files on steam or i would mess up the sol install

Change it via CM or it will be reverted to whatever CM stores in its own settings cache next time you launch it.

1 Like

thanks a lot mate, i guess you’re right
edit : it was that, changed it into cm and all good

1 Like

Hi everyone,

recently got a SC2 Pro and I just can’t seem to figure out FFB in AC. I have been trying out Andrew_WOT’s settings and for some reason I can feel way too much vibration in the wheel and the wheel starts to oscillate badly. This is really prevalent on the Nordschleife. Even when I sit at the pits on certain tracks I just feel vibration build up in the wheel. No idea what is going on.

I was able to get the simucube to feel good on ACC, I just can’t for some reason on AC, it honestly just feels rubbery and broken, with way too much noise. I used to play AC on a Fanatec CSL Elite, I made sure all old properties were removed before setting up the SC2.

Below are my settings. Currently on 2021.4_4 software release. Not sure if it makes sense to downgrade firmware or do a clean reinstall of AC. Any help is appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

Disable “accurate” gyro implementation and use standard OEM one.
In fact I suggest disabling the whole CM FFB Tweaks FX.
ULL is also not needed with AC and can lead to vibration.
For TD, either use 2020.10 or latest 2021.7 (use Classic version from distro, not Paddock)

1 Like

Thank you, that seemed to help with the oscillations while driving.

Now still when I sit at pits the wheel starts to build up a violent vibration, this goes away once I start driving. While driving it is minimized, but I still feel a little bit of a constant vibration, but I’m assuming this might be due to road feel/AC’s older physics engine?

I have double checked that all QR bolts are snug etc. and I have upgraded TD to 2021.7 per your suggestion.

Not sure, that doesn’t sound right. Is that some mod car?
Did you set ULL to 0 (Ultra Low Latency)?
Also try to set Damping DirectInput effect to 0 in TD and make sure that all things under FFB Tweaks FX are off.

It’s been happening even on Kunos cars. Turned ULL to 0 and set Damping DI to 0 and FFB Tweaks in CM is off.

Below are my current settings, also a video showing the constant vibration in pits. Once driving it calms down but I can still feel a bit of that vibration even while driving.

https://youtube.com/shorts/mRsxNBdp5O0?feature=share

Thinking I might need to do a clean reinstall of AC/CM?