Wheel stoped working

We have not been able to repeat the issue, so it is impossible to analyze.

That’s bad. So I’m running peace worth more than 1k euros and i don’t know when is gonna stop working :see_no_evil:

@Mika this is ridiculous. My wheel is still disconnecting. Why did I pay more than 1k euro for something whatni can’t use. Almost every race after some time it disconets and shifters are not working. So i have peace of equipment what i can use only in training sessions

Hi Peoples,

Not had this Problem myself, Just on the off chance, with it being commented that this happens when riding curbs, Are both paddles being accidentally triggered at the same time due to wheel jerk etc?

Just a thought.

J

Nope. It just goes off without any reason and I’m getting pissed because I can’t use it properly. I can’t race because I don’t know when is gonna happen. Now from p1 6 laps t end just died

ofc i am not a representative or anything , but you say that it worked for 1 year and then the problems started. Did you update true drive and then the problems started ? If not , have you tried replacing the 14250 battery in your wheel ? it seems far-fetched but you never know.

It’s always updated and batery is not a issue.

so you are not sure if the problem started after a software update. How do you know it is not a battery issue ?

although not the same issue SC1 : Ascher Racing F28-SC not detected anymore . batteries are not always perfect , and sometimes software updates also cause problems .

I already updated true drive 3-4 times since this started to occur and still there so…

so if this started without you doing anything in terms of software it would seem that updating would not fix anything (most likely atleast). Have you contacted the wheel vendor (ascher-racing) ?

Everything works in td after it stops but in game doesn’t recognizing anything. I don’t see any fix for this many months now and I don’t know what to do. It seems that gd doesn’t care a lot about it. I have a felling like it doesn’t happening in big numbers so this minor group who have problem is not important

Its not that we would not carey. It is that we haven’t been able to reproduce the issue in any way. We tried to artificially reduce the transmission power to one millionth, and still everything keeps working. What would help is that if someone could make this issue follow the wheelbase or the wheel, then we would have at least some information on whether it is a wheel or wheelbase issue.

Im just frustrated that after so many months is not solved. I am one step from buying fanatec. I have something what I can’t use

Can you try a different wheel, wired and wireless?
And why are you su sure its not a battery issue?

Also, did you contact Ascher about this as well? It could be a problem in the wheel in stead of the servo?

1 Like

Hello;

joining the club…

third time my wheel is disconnecting in action… very very frustrating.

Happened twice last week, did update the simucube software thinking it might have been fixed and it happened once today.

My wheel is SRB BB Ultra from simracing bay @Tomo_Meglic (any similar issue reported for this wheel?) . bought everything 2 months ago.

@Mika I understand that it may be tough to reproduce but that seem important to me to find a solution.
Can’t we have an automatic reconnection or mapping it to a button? Stopping the car, the base; enabling torque and then selecting a profile just kill the race.

@ForrestGump I just noticed a similar post where the antenna seems to get loose and the effect seems similar. Did you check that the antenna is tight?

I checked everything. For me it usually happens after couple hours of driving. I don’t mean that i drive 4-5 hours butnif the base is on couple hours and I jump in race 100% will stop working

Any other wifi near by?

Once had a Neighbours baby monitor play havoc with wifi on my side.

J

If there are issues that can be detected via software, then the button plate will disconnect itself. You can re-connect the button plate by turning it off and then after a few seconds turning it on again, it will begin to advertise, and Simucube will detect it again (if you have “connect automatically” checked). There is no way for Simucube to advertise to button plates / wheels that “please connect now”, that would play havoc if there were several wheels and Simucubes in same location.

when the disconnect happened, I couldn’t reconnect the button plates. Even after turning it off and on again.
The only way was to shut down the base.

If it occurs again, I will try it a bit more extensively (if I am not in a race); but could the difficulty to reconnect the plate be linked to the issue?

When the button plate (wheel) is turned off, it may still stay ON for up to 10 seconds or so due to residual charge in the capacitor on the board.So fully turning it off and back on might require a small delay.

But, we haven’t been able to repeat any of these issues in our office, even with artificially low signal quality and with lots of artifical wifi/bluetooth/other 2.4 GHz traffic around, so we have not been able to analyze the issue any further.