True Drive 2021.1 not starting after boot

Mika,
Where do you guys plan on telling us when there is a fix? Just want to know, I am willing to be a beta tester as well if that could be of any help :slight_smile:

In the discussion thread, and in this thread, and in our wiki. Most likely a beta is not needed, weā€™ll just revert the USB code to 2020.10 version.

We also have some additional servo drive tuning coming up for 2021.2 release that reverts some changes that were in 2021.1.

1 Like

I would go back to 2020.10 as Mika mentions below.
I have not had all the problems I was having with the later firmwares.

We have today decided on what we do for next release and it is likely that weā€™ll get it out this week.

I had some loud electrical humming noise coming from my Ascher F28-SC when I was on 2020.10. Updating to 2021.1 fixed the issue, but now the simucube2 needs to be manually restarted after booting up my pc. It doesnā€™t happen on every boot, so itā€™s not too bad. Luckily, I havenā€™t had it disconnect during use or after sitting around in stand by. Iā€™m using an i7 8700k, so itā€™s not an AMD issue.

Welcome to the forum! The fix that removes the humming noise is not related to the USB change, so we will include it also in the next release, obviously.

Hi,

I was just racing acc and did my quali. In the moment the race starts I hear the windows sound for usb pluged out and pluged inā€¦ and everything is working instead of left right ā€¦ so the simmucube goes steering dead and drops me this ture drive messageā€¦

profile that was loaded at this time is

Such behaviour occured only since 2021.1 updateā€¦ think this was now about 2-3 times in one mounth randomly.

Seems to be this issue. I moved your post to this same thread. We are working on it, and fix will be very soon.

1 Like

Thank you Mika, since that failure I even cant play 5 minutes without the loss of the usb conection from the simucube.

We didnā€™t quite get it out, but it looks good on the first half of the upcoming week.

I to have this issue. Iā€™m aware of the issue AMD has with USB but Iā€™ve enabled the workaround for that by using PCIE 3.0 instead of 4.0. Even then, I still need to power cycle my SC2 in order for it to be recognized. Is there any news on a permanent fix or even a workaround for this?

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard

bkemery some of the people who have had the problem are on intel platforms as well. Iā€™m on a 5900x as well and I didnā€™t experience any issue with the previous firmware and truedrive prior to updating.

Mika wrote above an update should be out this week :smiley: Fingers crossed

I also think that this is also coused by the newest amd chipset driversā€¦ they gave me way more headache the the previous ones.

I have a question to the others with that usb problemā€¦ does the fail of the simucube effect some other equipment that is conected to your rig?

When the simucube fails, my heusinkveld sprint pedals go nuts, like I only get the signals with throttle or brake at 0% or 100% and delayed like a few seconds. Itā€™s like the usb bus is messed up then?!

I did not experience that, this does sound like you have some of the amd issues as well have you tried changing to pci-e 3.0 ?

Sounds like typical Ryzen 5000-style AMD/USB issues some are reporting.

On my Dark Hero/5900x, I had to use a quad controller 4-port Startech PCIe card, which my pedals, DD wheel, wheel button-box and Reverb G2 is connected too.

Now no longer any of the issues plaguing me :wink:

PS: This is the card I am using, search for it on Amazon though, it is about $85 USD on there. Must be this specific quad-controller version though to handle the high bandwidth requirementsā€¦ https://www.startech.com/en-us/cards-adapters/pexusb3s44v

I already have a seperate USB Hub https://www.exsys-shop.de/shopware/de/kategorien/usb-produkte/510/usb-3.2-gen1-metall-hub-mit-16-ports-din-rail-15kv-esd-ueberspannungsschutz?c=11
. I will try the pci 3.0 thing but a extra card wont fit couse I have a tiny board https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXax/index.asp#BIOS

and on top of thatā€¦ I have the base since november and only after the newest firmwareā€¦ these issues appeared. But I also added some usb devices with simhubā€¦ not sure how they interfear with each other.

Hey @Mika do we get something today? Whould love to test it and race again :wink:

We are working on getting it out as soon as possible. There is another project that has overrun things over the past week or soā€¦