True Drive 2021.1 not starting after boot

I would guess that version 2021.3 will be released by Mika before you receive your base. If that doesn’t happen, I would go with version 2020.10 in the meantime.

Thanks for the advice Paul.

1 Like

@Mika been almost 2 weeks since you said very soon, please can you send me the update in a pm or to my email.

The same happens to me.
to see if it is solved shortly!

Hi @Pro_10

Please PM me the device identification data from the last tab in True Drive. Thanks!

I also send you PM with data and request for beta FW to test on my sc2 Pro. Thanks.

Is anyone here with this Beta Firmware for SC2 please send to me to try out ?

You can just PM with attachment maybe ?

I went to older version and problems stop so I went back to latest firmware and then the disconnects while racing started immediately again… very frustrating !

There was message here some weeks back saying a new FW was released “soon” but I cannot find that to try anywhere.

Thanks

Hi Mark,
Would be simplest just to revert to a working earlier FW, I doubt Mika has released the latest patch yet, as they ran into some heavy workload during then,ast couple weeks.

I am sure he will update anyway as soon as it is possible, but for the moment, just use the earlier working version that was fine on your setup.

For the record, I am on 2020.1 or 2020.3 or something, haven’t updated for ages and my system is as good as ever :slight_smile:

Yeah thanks Beano, I have now done that and is ok as no disconnects during racing. It is just that the settings I made in TD for my sims all feel slightly different with the older FW and I had put fair amount of time tailoring them to my liking. But I guess that happens in the evolution of each new software iteration.

Cheers :+1:

All good Mate, new revision will drop soon enough, I suspect with that revision forward there will be much smaller profile-tweaks needed for most guys between updates then.

1 Like

New firmware released “2021.4”. April 16th, 2021:

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

Recommended update for all Simucube Wireless Wheel users

Changes and fixes

• Simucube Wireless Wheels: Fixed an issue that could cause wireless wheels buttons to stop registering in games in some very rare situations.
  • Servo drive tuning: Reverted some changes in 2021.1 release that increased the audible noise in some situations.
  • USB changes: Reverted USB interface changes in 2021.1 release that caused device disconnects and device not recognized -issue after PC reboot.
  • Added protections to firmware to prevent corrupt settings when more than allowed number of profiles are stored into “classic” profiles. More than 99 user-made classic profiles cannot be used anymore (they never worked properly anyway).
  • Simucube hardware revision is shown correctly in the UI.

Release supports Early Access of Simucube Profile Online

• Profile Online Early Access is enabled for Simucube 2 R1 Sport/Pro drivers, and all Simucube 2 Ultimate drivers.
  • Profile Online Early Access will be released soon as a separate download.

How to use Profile Online and Classic modes

• The _Online Early Access.exe file launches the online version, and if online mode is active, the online mode sends the active profile to the device.
  • If _Classic.exe is launched, Online mode is deactivated and classic-mode profiles can be used as backup. Note, that classic mode as-is will be removed in future version.
  • Migrating to Online profiles: Export each of normal profiles to separate .ini files and import them when creating new profiles in Online mode.
  • Save settings -button (for permanent settings saving) in Online Mode has been moved to the Hardware settings tab.

Note: Download is temporarily hosted on a 3rd-party site due to an unforeseen configuration issue.

Thanks @Mika for Updating this on a Sunday! Just installing the new Hotfix one.

Even with the newest Firmware and changing my USB ports around I still get very short disconnects where the FFB stops and steering stops for micro seconds before instantly returning. Like the data is frozen for a split second, it is random and always catches me off guard causing me to lose concentration.

I got to believe it is somehow usb related because otherwise the sc2 pro wheel performs perfectly and is great. I have 2 x wireless rims. The Ascher F28 and now also the SRB BB Ultra which I have on an OMP Superquadro rim. I am certain it is not anything to do with the wireless connections as these micro disconnects affect the FFB and steering - but there is never enough time to know are the buttons still working !

I wonder could it be the cable ? I do not have another to test and the cable is new one as supplied less than a month since new. It outwardly appears ok.

Hands Off detection maybe?

No and actually when I have that at highest sensitivity I can take my hands off the wheel for 3 or 4 seconds and it does not kick in at all, or at least it feels that way.

From what I understand it is supposed to kill all FFB to the wheel but I have not experienced it in any race sim games at all yet.

It wouldn’t be too much of an expensive experiment to get yourself a high quality USB cable to swap out and compare.

I’m not sure how good the supplied cables are these days but there was a big variation in quality back when the SC2 R1 was released.

You may be right but I think the usb cable is good … I think with a high value/quality wheel like simucube they would ensure to supply best quality cabling. My suspicion is the bandwidth is getting maxed with 3 x PTactuator motion + Reverb G2 and SC2 Pro.

I am trying out different usb configurations at the moment but I appreciate any suggestions.

I read somewhere here that at least up to last year the distributors were providing the USB cables and they were different depending on the distributor?

Unfortunately not the case.

Thanks Andrew & Paul … the usb cable I got with sc2 pro is the better one with ferrite chokes each end.

I may have solved my issue by following some advice Beano gave me in other thread. Moved my sc2 onto a 2.0 usb port and have the Reverb G2 and motion on an internal usb hub.

So far, so good but need to test more to be certain. Appreciate the advice ! Cheers

btw pCars2 is like a whole new sim driving with sc2 pro - I was really amazed just using the default immersive ffb profile. Really good actually !

1 Like