The RaceRoom thread

I don’t have iracing

Ok, well you’re in for a real treat when you do get to use your DD in iracing.
The difference between raceroom and iracing is huge in regards to the FFB.

1 Like

Okay, it is rather a state of personal feeling, but I really like the feeling of FFB in RaceRoom now. I am satisfied, but I confess I have hard time to really know what is good or not. :wink:

iRacing has the advantage of that all their tracks are laser-scanned, and I guess that is why you get a feeling of texture when running through the track. But I do prefer Raceroom because of all the cars and the tracks that are available.

I am very happy user now. :slight_smile:

Yes, RR FFB can be very good although, it does lack very fine detail that we may get with other titles. The tactile and motion cues are much the same in RR and it can all feel a bit sterile when compared to other titles.

I personally feel rF2 and AMS do FFB even better than iRacing but, both titles require some tweaks to get them at their best, especially when using a DD-wheel. Having a FFB-preset specifically designed for DD might give even better results and with less fuss but, I suspect something like that has a better chance of happening once the Fanatec Podium series arrives due to their long-standing relationships with game developers and greater acceptance of the systems in general.

DD-wheels are relatively new and it seems few developers really consider the user-base as being large enough to warrant development of hardware-specific profiles. Still, the results we enjoy using these wheels are so good that it’s hard to feel we are missing out. :slight_smile:

Tried it. What I noticed was that your device ids were still present in the file (for example the formula rim you’re using) and I got a message in RR that it couldn’t recognize it. Apart fom that, all effects w.r.t shifting (the lowest option in the settings menu) isn’t reflected in the Simucube.rcs file you uploaded. Maybe you can re upload this file as you have it now. It didn’t feel right though, really frustrating, wheel felt much too light, no communication. Indeed the earlier mentioned lack of road feel. In general I would expect there was a controllerprofile available in all the sims. It’s now even worse than my good old T300. Setting the sinewave effects in the Simucube software didn’t do anything for the roadfeel. You’re AC and Rfactor2 settings feel great however, so probably I’m doing something wrong.

try it

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nDOE3MLjQuUZLMfbQdBdNrfV7b_oTDP1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18kD0YRroqNDoDQkSdoTRWTR9BapMboyg

Thanks, I will. It seems that there are issues in general:https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/no-ffb-after-8may2018-update.10765/page-10

There’s nothing you’re doing wrong. RR just doesn’t work properly with Simucube in my experience. I’ve tried just about every setup and none are any good.

Hello

normally this has been corrected
you may have to delete the .RCS profile and create it again

I like the RR FFB with SimuCube, for the most part; the only issue I have not solved yet is with some looseness around center. It feels notchy or clunky near center with some cars but, not all.

Hi, tried it. Did get roadfeel back, but the steering now was far too light. Went back to the settings of Skeijmel and applied 20% smoothing and 35% dampening. Increased the steering force to 140%. Still no roadfeel but drivable. On the contrary AC is really, really good, feel for the car is amazing, and do get roadfeel there. However Rfactor2 roadfeel is the best. AMS feels great too now. Haven’t tried Iracing yet.

Strangely though when I increased the slip effect to above 0% I got back some of what I perceive as roadnoise. Although there doesn’t seem to be a corrrelation with the road such as in RF2 and AMS. But that sound of R3E makes it so good. Still don’t understand that most of the sims do not support surround sound. In my opinion it’s at least half of the experience. It’s 2018…
Here are my setings:
FFB Device Name=β€œnone”
FFB Device Name Alternative=β€œnone”
FFB Rumble Pad=β€œ0” // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
FFB Gain=β€œ0.6” // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Min Force=β€œ0.0” // Minumum force, from 0.0 to 1.0
FFB Min Force Linear Percentage=β€œ0.01” // Minumum force linear percentage
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis=β€œ1” // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis=β€œ1” // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB stationary friction=β€œ0.7” // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
FFB stationary friction speed=β€œ2.0” // Below this speed the stationary friction starts to be applied, in m/s
FFB steer vibe freq mult=β€œ0.0” // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.0” // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope=β€œ0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight=β€œ1.0” // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent=β€œ1.0” // Steering force output β€œsensitivity”. Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max=β€œ11500.0” // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max=β€œ1.4” // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight=β€œ0.35” // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force front grip exponent=β€œ1.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
FFB steer force rear grip exponent=β€œ0.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
FFB steer damper coefficient=β€œ0.25” // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation=β€œ1.0” // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer force balance mode=β€œ0” // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
FFB steer load multiplier=β€œ0.5” // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer lateral multiplier=β€œ0.5” // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer rack factor=β€œ0.38” // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer load change exponent=β€œ0.9” // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer load change breakpoint=β€œ1.0” // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer spring coefficient=β€œ0.0” // Coefficient for steering spring. Range: 0.0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult=β€œ0.0” // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.015” // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope=β€œ0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip magnitude=β€œ0.0” // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult=β€œ0.0” // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor=β€œ0.0” // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB jolt magnitude=β€œ0.0” // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift jolt magnitude=β€œ0.03” // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift effect duration=β€œ0.05” // Duration of shift effect in seconds
FFB slip effect=β€œ0.08” // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
ffb slip freq multiplier=β€œ1.0” // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
ffb slip wave type=β€œ0” // Slip effect wave type
FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.01” // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
FFB pedal throttle vibe slope=β€œ0.1”
FFB pedal throttle slip vibe=β€œ1.0” // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
FFB pedal brake slip vibe=β€œ1.0” // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
FFB pedal brake vibe slope=β€œ5.0” // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %
spring based range lock enabled=β€œ0” // Spring based range lock on/off
spring based range lock strength=β€œ1.0” // Strength of the spring based range lock
spring based range lock max rotation=β€œ900” // Max wheel rotation, used when setting up spring based range lock

This is much better:

FFB Device Name=β€œnone”
FFB Device Name Alternative=β€œnone”
FFB Rumble Pad=β€œ0” // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
FFB Gain=β€œ0.6” // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Min Force=β€œ0.0” // Minumum force, from 0.0 to 1.0
FFB Min Force Linear Percentage=β€œ0.01” // Minumum force linear percentage
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis=β€œ1” // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis=β€œ1” // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB stationary friction=β€œ0.7” // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
FFB stationary friction speed=β€œ2.0” // Below this speed the stationary friction starts to be applied, in m/s
FFB steer vibe freq mult=β€œ0.0” // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.0” // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope=β€œ0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight=β€œ1.0” // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent=β€œ1.0” // Steering force output β€œsensitivity”. Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max=β€œ11500.0” // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max=β€œ1.4” // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight=β€œ0.35” // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force front grip exponent=β€œ1.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
FFB steer force rear grip exponent=β€œ0.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
FFB steer damper coefficient=β€œ0.25” // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation=β€œ1.0” // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer force balance mode=β€œ0” // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
FFB steer load multiplier=β€œ0.5” // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer lateral multiplier=β€œ0.5” // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer rack factor=β€œ0.0” // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer load change exponent=β€œ0.9” // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer load change breakpoint=β€œ1.0” // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer spring coefficient=β€œ0.0” // Coefficient for steering spring. Range: 0.0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult=β€œ0.0” // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.015” // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope=β€œ0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip magnitude=β€œ0.0” // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult=β€œ0.0” // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor=β€œ0.0” // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB jolt magnitude=β€œ0.0” // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift jolt magnitude=β€œ0.03” // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift effect duration=β€œ0.05” // Duration of shift effect in seconds
FFB slip effect=β€œ0.08” // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
ffb slip freq multiplier=β€œ1.0” // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
ffb slip wave type=β€œ0” // Slip effect wave type
FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.01” // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
FFB pedal throttle vibe slope=β€œ0.1”
FFB pedal throttle slip vibe=β€œ1.0” // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
FFB pedal brake slip vibe=β€œ1.0” // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
FFB pedal brake vibe slope=β€œ5.0” // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %

Disabled Steering-Rack effects- less springy now. Decreased the steering sensitivity to around 60%. Much better, but indeed road feel can be improved.

IΒ΄ve just installed the game and iΒ΄ve followed the tutorial on youtube that SKeijmel gave.
But in the crontroller section, the wheel is not deteted.I have no access to the forcefeback section.

Is this hapening to someelse?

Solved…Was not detected at the first time…

For R3E only use the force and lateral, nothing more.

Hello
I can not feel the wheel lock when braking. do you have a setting for that? thank you

My last settings

Not found…