The RaceRoom thread

Mika,
Not sure if this applies to the osw also but apparently the r3e issue isn’t just a quick fix on their end and it says on the forum they(sector 3) have contacted wheel manufacturers. Does this apply to osw also?

I have no force feedback on this game only when I crash or go into wall i feel some feeback or should i sayit tries to rip arm and hands up.
Also I noticed that the latest nvida drivers makes the game crash so ive had to roll back, game is completely broken for me:thinking:

This is an issue with Raceroom with the latest (May 8th) update. Also other wheels have issues with it.

1 Like

I knew that Mika but apparently they have contacted wheel manufacturers asking for help fixing the issue. At least that’s what it says I the forum I sent you the link for.

I don’t remember the exact name right now but there is a setting you have to turn off in the file so it doesn’t try to break your wrist when you crash.

There is a workaround fix …

Press quick replay (R key) exit quick replay and after the countdown you Will have FFB again.
It does work offline im not sure about multiplayer.

1 Like

Thanks Morpwer, i have decided not to touch this game unitl Sector 3 try to fix up the mess they have created

That’s where im at unfortunately.

Parameter Jolt to zero in file Rcs ?

1 Like

Hi Herve45, thanks, all the parameters such as the jolt and rumble need to be decreased under the relevant file, this has been well discussed under other RRE thread previously, however, in my situation there is completely no ff on the straight so its unplayable, and i can only feel ff when you hit something

Maybe a silly question but did you delete your old controller profile if you had one or delete the one you have now and start over?

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! I have tried so many times to delete and create a new profiles…also messed around with different setting in game for ff, unforunately none of this has not worked for me. The wheel is completely loose no ff, until i hit something, the game was working flawless until latest updates

New update:
β€œβ€¦We’re also bringing some fixes for Direct Drive wheels and other controller types that were reported recently”
β€œGame:
FFB - No longer sends Jolt effects on extreme forces, which caused strong effects being felt when the car was bottoming out.
FFB - Fixed various reported issues with Direct Drive wheels
FFB - An issue was spotted with the effect creation for Fanatec devices. While this is being investigated on Fanatec side, a workaround has been introduced, solving the ffb loss, framerate and freezes issues reported when resetting FFB or loading multiple game sessions.
Input meter - Fixed an issue where the meter would render before a racing session started.
Fixed an issue where cockpit gauges would sometimes be showing wrong values when coming back from an instant replay (spotted in the Zakspeed Capri)”

Has anybody tried R3E since the patch? Im not sure if its a simcube or a R3E issue but every time I get hit in the side towards the rear of the car the wheel pulls to the side I got hit on. The weird part is if you get hit on the other side it fixs it. It also goes away if you pause the game and start again.

no problem with this parameters

FFB rumble strip magnitude=β€œ0.4” // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult=β€œ2.0” // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor=β€œ0.2” // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB jolt magnitude=β€œ0.0” // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

all rcs

FFB Device Name=β€œnone”
FFB Device Name Alternative=β€œnone”
FFB Rumble Pad=β€œ0” // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
FFB Gain=β€œ0.35” // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Min Force=β€œ0.0” // Minumum force, from 0.0 to 1.0
FFB Min Force Linear Percentage=β€œ0.01” // Minumum force linear percentage
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis=β€œ1” // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis=β€œ1” // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB stationary friction=β€œ0.7” // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
FFB stationary friction speed=β€œ2.7780001” // Below this speed the stationary friction starts to be applied, in m/s
FFB steer vibe freq mult=β€œ1.0” // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.0” // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope=β€œ0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight=β€œ1.0” // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent=β€œ1.0” // Steering force output β€œsensitivity”. Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max=β€œ11500.0” // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max=β€œ0.2” // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight=β€œ1.0” // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force front grip exponent=β€œ1.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
FFB steer force rear grip exponent=β€œ1.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
FFB steer damper coefficient=β€œ0.2” // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation=β€œ1.0” // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer force balance mode=β€œ0” // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
FFB steer load multiplier=β€œ1.85” // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer lateral multiplier=β€œ1.15” // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer rack factor=β€œ0.0” // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer load change exponent=β€œ1.0” // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer load change breakpoint=β€œ1.0” // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer spring coefficient=β€œ0.6” // Coefficient for steering spring. Range: 0.0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult=β€œ1.0” // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.0” // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope=β€œ0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip magnitude=β€œ0.4” // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult=β€œ2.0” // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor=β€œ0.2” // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB jolt magnitude=β€œ0.0” // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift jolt magnitude=β€œ0.85” // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift effect duration=β€œ0.05” // Duration of shift effect in seconds
FFB slip effect=β€œ0.6” // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
ffb slip freq multiplier=β€œ1.0” // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
ffb slip wave type=β€œ0” // Slip effect wave type
FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.0” // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
FFB pedal throttle vibe slope=β€œ0.0”
FFB pedal throttle slip vibe=β€œ1.0” // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
FFB pedal brake slip vibe=β€œ1.0” // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
FFB pedal brake vibe slope=β€œ5.0” // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %

1 Like

Ok, I’m not sure if this has already been discussed, but I have feeling if it has someone here can point me in the right direction. I am having an issue in Raceroom where every time I hit a bump strip or really anything the gives a decently strong FFB input the FFB gets stuck or hung up pulling to one direction, usually the left. The wheel will output full force to the left and stay there, to go straight I would have to fight the wheel to keep centered. Sometimes this will go away after a couple seconds, but sometimes it remains until I exit the track and restart. Is there a solution to this already?

Normally I would take the time to research this myself, but I just don’t have a lot of time for sim racing lately and I would really like to run some Raceroom while I have a couple hours :smile:

1 Like

Two posts up and if you go on the sector 3 forum under the lose ffb thread that started after the last update there are others so id start a post or add yours there also so the devs know.

Why is the FFB in raceroom so crap? I’ve tried all different settings and setups but it’s just dead.
I’ve come from a T300 and the FFB was quite good in raceroom.

The FFB in iRacing is absolutely fantastic. If there isn’t some sort of solution for raceroom then I’ll have to give up using it.

Try this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18kD0YRroqNDoDQkSdoTRWTR9BapMboyg/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDOE3MLjQuUZLMfbQdBdNrfV7b_oTDP1/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks.
Have you tried iRacing?