The RaceRoom thread

thanks for the info. good to share it! RRE is not my main game i just made a good base setting. but it is not perfect i check the game with the ffb graph on. it looks like it clips pretty easily yet i don’t really feel the clipping. in iracing u feel clipping really easily. so i wounder if it really does.
i didn’t feel clipping while driving.

the steering force was on 150 by default. i tried 100 too but catching over steer became a lot harder in my opinion.

maybe its even better to put the overall strength on 100 and put the incar gain on like 0.6 instead of 1.0
maybe u get less clipping.

i did a lot of trickery in the .rcs file :smiley: to make it more sim and less gamey ffb.

To be honest. You might well be 100% correct about the clipping. I dont actually know what clipping is supposed to feel like and thought that if the graph says its clipping really bad tjen it must be clipping. (lol)
The same can also be said about what feelings or sounds I should or should not have from the servo when in use.
Im also still on 1.61 ioni fw and latest Simucube. 0.9 FW, so not sure if that matters or not.

clipping would feel like you are against a wall and everything feels the same no more extra details coming in. you will loose FFB fidelity if it clips

Severe Clipping can feel as though you only have centering-spring effects enabled, no details can be felt during hard cornering events or perhaps, some abrupt disconnected effects may be felt as though they are suddenly switching between on / off.

It just depends on the game and how the effects are handled, most titles clipping shows up as a consistent spring-tension devoid of details but, Pcars2 can actually have certain aspects of the FFB clip while others may not, so if the β€œFX” scale is too strong, the FFB may feel very β€œChoppy” and rough. This may be the case in RR as well.

It’s worth mentioning that there are two primary ways to create signal clipping; one is via the software (game FFB-output) and the other is via the hardware-settings. Any clipping in the game-FFB output (soft-clipping) will naturally travel downstream to the hardware. Generally, DD-wheel users don’t tend to run into the hard-clipping so much as can happen with lower-powered wheels; it’s mostly on the game-side where issues occur.

1 Like

that’s a better explanation :slight_smile:

Thanks to both of you for explaining it to me.

As for the clipping graph it goes over the redline when hard cornering and some crashing. Hitting or getting hit by other cars was really strong. I will give it another try later guys.
One thing I know is that before lowering ffb and other settings it was hardwork turning and the road affect made driving straight really hardwork and the road felt like I was driving on a rough surface with dips and ridges, so maybe too much road detail.
Its Abit better now.

Now its All about the fun of learning and you lot on here help ALOT, even a Thicko like me. Just a matter of walking on egg shells till confident not going to do more damage to my rightarm. Maybe the Large Mige for a newby WAS NOT the best option. (lol)

You can always set a β€œsafe” overall strength level in SimuCUBE profile for your testing.

Thankyou Mika. Maybe this is best option for me. Simucube is set to 100% FFB rightnow and 50% in R3E

I would suggest even lower settings being that you are finding your way. If I set SimuCube at 100% output, some titles may only have gain / strength at 30% or so; SimuCube at 80% / game output around 50% is usually enough in my case, with +/- 5% for various cars.

In case you aren’t aware, AC and PC2 allow easy FFB-strength adjustments on the fly while other titles use individual-car strength settings. Custom tuning FFB-strength for individual cars in AMS may require some tweaks to the β€œRealFeel” file for each car but, most should work based on one average FFB-force level.

Some amount of clipping can be useful in regard to safety, as it means that the extreme (contact with opponents or barriers) signals will be curtailed before reaching the wheel. Using a clip-meter is generally one way to determine the point where that occurs.

@IMac if i where you i would put the max strength in simucube @ 50% or even lower. This will be a lot safer and less chance to hurt yourself. And put the ffb in the games higher

I do not know if it’s good, but I feel it correctly

FFB Device Name="none"

FFB Device Name Alternative=β€œnone”
FFB Rumble Pad=β€œ0” // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
FFB Gain=β€œ0.8” // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Min Force=β€œ0.02” // Minumum force, from 0.0 to 1.0
FFB Min Force Linear Percentage=β€œ0.01” // Minumum force linear percentage
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis=β€œ1” // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis=β€œ1” // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB stationary friction=β€œ0.7” // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
FFB stationary friction speed=β€œ2.7780001” // Below this speed the stationary friction starts to be applied, in m/s
FFB steer vibe freq mult=β€œ1.0” // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.0” // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope=β€œ0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight=β€œ1.0” // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent=β€œ1.0” // Steering force output β€œsensitivity”. Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max=β€œ11500.0” // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max=β€œ0.5” // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight=β€œ1.0” // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force front grip exponent=β€œ0.3” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
FFB steer force rear grip exponent=β€œ1.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
FFB steer damper coefficient=β€œ0.1” // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation=β€œ1.0” // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer force balance mode=β€œ0” // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
FFB steer load multiplier=β€œ0.3” // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer lateral multiplier=β€œ2.0” // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer rack factor=β€œ0.05” // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer load change exponent=β€œ0.95” // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer load change breakpoint=β€œ1.0” // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer spring coefficient=β€œ0.1” // Coefficient for steering spring. Range: 0.0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult=β€œ1.0” // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.01” // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope=β€œ0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip magnitude=β€œ0.9” // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult=β€œ2.0” // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type=β€œ0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor=β€œ0.0” // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB jolt magnitude=β€œ0.0” // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift jolt magnitude=β€œ1.0” // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift effect duration=β€œ0.05” // Duration of shift effect in seconds
FFB slip effect=β€œ0.2” // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
ffb slip freq multiplier=β€œ1.0” // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
ffb slip wave type=β€œ0” // Slip effect wave type
FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude=β€œ0.1” // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
FFB pedal throttle vibe slope=β€œ0.15”
FFB pedal throttle slip vibe=β€œ1.0” // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
FFB pedal brake slip vibe=β€œ1.0” // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
FFB pedal brake vibe slope=β€œ15.0” // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %

There is always a bug with collision effects, so always set it to 0 .

Thanks to both of you. :wink:

Now that all the effects of RaceRoom are very well managed thanks to the excellent work of Mika, I would like to find the correct settings, but I can not do it.

I wanted to know what the different sliders in DirectInput Effect Setting correspond to:

• Friction Effect =?
  • Damping Effect =?
  • Spring Effects =?
  • Sine Wave Effects =?
  • Square Wave Effects =?
  • Sawtooth Effects =?
  • Triangle Effect =?

Is it useful to activate them all?

What are they changing?

i actually don’t use any of those effects. the clean ffb is the best in my opinion instead of fake effects.
that way you only feel the real things who are there. personally i am not interested in fake road effects or engine vibration that add random vibration. there is enough real track detail. but the road texture is totally smooth. but bumps you do feel.

only the sine wave effect does something in RRE if i am correct :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with Skejimel use sine effect at 100 and do not touch the rest. The feeling is fantastic now for me. RRE has become my favourite sim

Hi biancazzurro,
Can you please explain what this effect adds to the ingame effects please :slight_smile:
I have all the direct effects in simucube 0.92 set at 0

simply a fantastic road feel. Try it

1 Like

Yep, as in old rf1 style , a lot of bumps and some other things in the road surface are not 3d modelled but in the .gdb file of the circuit.

To feel the roadmesh you need that β€œcanned effects” , not as canned this time .

The road feel now is very bumpy so will this smooth it out ?

It depends on your settings, try my settings here https://ufile.io/7lcsp with 100 sine 540Β° damping 1 and friction 1

1 Like