The RaceRoom thread

Raceroom recognizes only 32 buttons and the wireless wheel buttons start at 32 on Simucube 1 - the first buttons are from the X12 connectors. I will be adding an option to switch this.

Hello
Thanks,Mika.

Philippe

Actually this was so quick to do that the setting is already implemented, and might be released with th 0.50.4 today.

of course this is only partial solution, and one is not able to use x12 inputs then. A more permanent solution will be implemented at some point.

1 Like

and that is now done.

For Raceroom users, it is now possible to use Simucube Wireless Wheels. The selection to do so is found from the X12 configuration dialog. Wireless Wheel buttons will be 1-64 and after that, the X12 input buttons.

2 Likes

sorry mika can you repost the ids of the new sc2 to insert in the controller files?

1 Like

thanks, you are really kind

Updated information for @Mika

Raceroom now allows you to bind up to 128 different button ID’s on a controller after today’s update

3 Likes

Here are my settings to test:

Anyone messed around with this since the update yesterday?

Should the new features like flat spot and stationary friction be working with R3E and Simucube1?
I used the new default profile, but they do not on my system, all effect sliders at 100%.

In simucube 1 and biss-c
I can not feel the flats on the tires via the directinput square wave effect. I don’t know if it’s a bug in the game or in simucube.

I found. you must activate the damage in the game

Do you actually feel the flats in R3E? I have flat spotted the tires hard several times, to the point I get an puncture eventually. Changed the output in controller file to 1.0 (default 0.5?).

Yea, maybe I can feel something vague but could be related to something else happening, not near what you get in rF2, AC or AMS.

I’m running SC1, Biss-c, fw 0.50.4 all effects on 100%. Damage, wear etc is all on in R3E.

Edit, I will check the effect history next time I try R3E and see.

neither do I on SC2, r3e wasn’t and will never be intended to be used on dd wheels, it’s been years since we all - here in this forum - tried to come up with some decent ffb settings, with no success.
I gave up with this sim, despite having bought all the content.

1 Like

My RCS
SimuCube 2018_V0.3.rcs.txt (34.5 KB)

Sine wave 100%
Square wave 100%

Other filters
Damping 2%
Friction 0,5%
Inertia 0,5%

1 Like

Except for flats & stationary friction, after December and few hours tweaking the settings (a’la rF2) the FFB is really good. If we stick to official content, not really rF2/AMS but very close, mostly better than AC I would say (IMO as always).

I tried R3E early 2017 and the bad FFB was one of several reason I never got interested. Now both FFB and the updated physics are so much better.

SC1 settings
Filter “1”
Bandwidth 680Hz
Filter disabled
Other filters 0%
Effects All 100%

SimuCube 2018 JR.rcs.txt (30.6 KB)

Edit, with cars without updated physics I would add some damping, wheel to light otherwise.

1 Like

It seems that square is output, but nothing happens, slider at 0 or 200% makes no change.
r3e

@Herve45, what fw are you on?

Same for me.

According to Alex Hodgkinson, square wave is used to send flat spot effects to the servo:
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide-december-2019.14067/page-16#post-193346

I can sometimes see that the square wave effect has been created (empty balloon TD symbol) but I have yet to see it become actively controlled by the simulator (filled balloon TD symbol)

I did ask the devs for a more full explanation of which effects are actually utilised by the game. That was around 3 weeks ago but still haven’t heard anything back.

My square wave’s on 100%

concerning the square wave which manages the flats on the tires

it must actually activate the damage for it to work.

the patch is black at the pit exit and turns white after 30 sec. unless you make a dish on a tire
as soon as there is a dish, the pastille remains black.
the vibrations are much lighter than on rfactor 2 for example.
in simucube, I set square wavec to 100%. I tested 200% but didn’t feel any difference. Maybe 1% is enough

Sorry
I don’t speek English. I use Google translate