Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

My wheels and Dashboard

5 Likes

Hi, do you have any tips for attaching a steering wheel to the Simucube QR? I mounted a new wheel and again after a few weeks I have some little cracking noises in strong turns. I think itā€™s the 6 screws that are loosening a little bit. Do you use Loctite or something?

Are you using spring washers? They will prevent this

Yes, the ones provided with the Simucube and Ascher.

1 Like

new toy :v:and btw nice having the initials of my name carved on the front of the wheel

6 Likes

hi, I think I am experiencing the same with a brand new Ascher rim, there is something cracking but I canā€™t understand if it comes from inside or in the qr mount on the backā€¦

I love those wheels either side!!

Iā€™m just about to order an SC Sport which Iā€™m guessing will be my forever base. Itā€™s certainly pushing my budget.
I mostly play Dirt Rally (about 600 hrs in) so will just get an ordinary wheel with no buttons or paddles. However I occasionally dabble in F1 2021 and maybe others in the future. Iā€™d like an F1 wheel with paddles and maybe a couple of buttons but most wheels seem to be Ā£500+ which too much for low usage (Iā€™m probably <30hrs into F1 in last 6 months).
Iā€™m not up to DIY, donā€™t have access to a 3d printer so those routes are out of the question.
Any thoughts on cheap options?

Maybe a second hand Polsimer F74 would suit you well? You could get one for maybe 300 if you are lucky.

1 Like

I has polsimer f74 led version, very sturdy, and it has 2 funky switch buttons, i do not even think Ascher is better than Polsimer! No flex at all, just will put alcantara on it and only maybe later will change rim as normally i like size 30cm, even polsimer is 29 cm it is great fir the price, and their software on iR replicates led lights as in car dashboard.

Dirt rally titles and especially 2.0 and the Simucube 2 models donā€™t really match. FFB is not good. This is widely acknowledged. If you donā€™t want to change to WRC 9 (10 again is bad in graphics and sound, has better FFB than dirt but not as good as 9) you donā€™t gonna be happy. Really good F1 wheels with display, double clutch and the capacity to address a lot of functions have a price range from 1000 Euro to 2000. Some are even more expensive. You better think twice

One of the top drivers in DR (holds many of the WR) has a Simucube and thinks itā€™s ok in the game.
There is also a new game slated for sometime in the next year or two (Codemasters / EA has the WRC licence for 2023/24)
The sport would be my buy once cry once purchase (like my HE sprints were).

My first wheel (and first post in the community :slightly_smiling_face:): OMP Superquadro (ā‚¬182.91 incl. shipping) + Simracing Bay BB Ultra wireless button box (ā‚¬399 + ā‚¬24.10 shipping) + SQRv2.

Super happy with the quality and feel! The magnetic shifters are very clicky. Still have to decide on assigning the buttons, so no stickers yet :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Very nice combo! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are your thoughts on both, I assume you have access to Ascher as well, how they compare?

I have a sport too. I remember a post from Granite on a special event they had. One of the attractions was a dirt rally 2.0 competition. Mika stated himself (to my best knowledge) the FFB is far from really good. Buying a Simucube 2 is, of course, never wrong, itā€™s understood

I just solved it by using regular bolts to mount the qr, the ones provided by Ascher are nowhere near good enough to work in high torque situationsā€¦ maybe the only minor complaint I have with the wheel, at least so far

1 Like

Sorry i do not has Ascher, but one guy had both of them and told that for the price polsimer is absolutely worth to get it, so ascher is 28 cm and polsimer 29 cm that was no brainer for me to get polsimer f74 led version for 400 eur. I just can confirm that polsimer is absolutely sturdy, shifters are great (coming from fanatec formula v1, bmw gt2 and mclaren v2 - which shifting plates are horrible)

How do you like sparco P310? I see that a lot of guys like it, but wondering if you can see dashboard cause it is not gt style rim, o it is really sweet spot? Thanks

like it a lotā€¦havenā€™t used any of the other two wheels since i installed the BB on the Sparco.

1 Like