Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

@KiwiCanuck is the owner of that gear (VirPil CM2 base + Alpha grip)

I have similar setup with WarBRD base + Delta grip:

Actual setup:

1 Like

I dont think your need to add a spacer, if I understand the Question correctly.

1 Like

Here is mine,

1 Like

thanks Guys! Some awesome rigs there. Gives me something to aim for. I like the way the throttles and stick can be moved out of the way. Perhaps a stupid question, but how do you swap between rudders and pedals, can you show a pic of that mechanism please? It looks a really neat solution. (I also noticed we have the same pedals :wink:)

Pedals are the biggest problem when adjusting a cockpit for driving and flying.

Few sims allow you to separate the rudder into 2 axes and thus be able to use car pedals. The rudder is like the handlebars of a bike, a single axis in the vast majority of sims, so it requires external programs.

If you jump to a rudder (just read you did It) the cockpit space and the pilot’s position comes into play.
In my specific case, I have opted for the VKB rudder pedals because of their size and their pendulum mechanism. Without wheel brakes Im used to buttons and I want them to fly, I better change the sim if I want to go fast on asphalt XD
Seat with rails is necessary in my design

Commitments here and there, but it is what it takes to make a multirole cockpit:

If your pedals are not inverted or no possibility to put an upper horizontal bar, look at my first attempt:

1 Like

i designed mine around not having to remove or setup anything ,the stick is a twist grip so i use that for rudder, or you can use the sim racing peddles for rubbers, iam to lazy to swap things around.

Thanks @Alfye20 and @KiwiCanuck for sharing your experiences. Gives me food for thought on how to integrate rudders. The cockpit is optimised for driving at the moment, but I can see that some compromises will be required.

How do the buttons and shifters feel? Can you compare to some other wheels?

I managed to snag a Mod 26 myself (used) many, many years ago. Until this day it’s one of my absolute favorite rims. It’s just perfect for driving vintage open wheel cars. They don’t make it like that anymore <3

Hi, thinking of the same purchase, how has the wheel and more important the shifter been after a few months of use?

Hey! The wheel has been great but I swapped the shifters almost as soon as I got it as they are pretty shitty, far too much play and not a nice action. I put these on https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/srm-gear-shifter-2 I rate them higher than Ascher or even PSE.

hi guys, I’m looking for a dual clutch wheel, any suggestion for the cheapest options on the market? thanks

There is Simagic but based on reports clutch either doesn’t work or stops working after a while.

The only other I can think of is Ascher F64-USB V3
https://www.ascher-racing.com/shop/f64-usb-v3/

2 Likes

I was looking at either the Ascher v2 which I think (hope) will drop in price after the v3 launch or the Cube Formula Pro…still I don’t get why 2 extra paddles on a wheel make the price so much higher

For Ascher I think its the combination of high quality material and lightweight as possible.
Also the overall quality from Ascher is superb in my opinion. :slight_smile:

552-cart_default
If you are looking for a clean and good shifter…

Sure not the cheapest but one of the best

2 Likes

Simagic GT4 owner here. No problems with clutch in RR, AC, ACC, AMS2, F1, rFactor2 etc, everything worked straight off the bat. A couple of people reported device not showing up in raceroom after updating the wheel firmware which is apparently now fixed since the latest raceroom update. Clutch bite point can be adjusted in DIview which is a bit fiddly compared to the simagic software (unavailable without a simagic base).

1 Like

From time to time I’m looking for a GT wheel filling the gap between my F1 wheel and the one I use in rally/NASCAR. My absolute favourite, not officially published but ok to show

New wheel! The Aston GTE wheel got a sister: The Audi R8 GT3 wheel from Rosso Sim Racing.

3 Likes