Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

You might remember his name from the iRacing forums, Zach Hodgson.

Ok thanks guys.
Yes Simon I remember Zach.

I tried logging into their website via Google on my phone, but it kept going crazy.
I will have to try again from PC.

Now that Sam has stopped :frowning: (doing wheels I would like to find another USA guy.

I just thought if it is Simon from EU same last name Hodgson?

Yeah Simon Hodgson is PSE, funny coincidence!

There are a couple US guys doing wheels. Turn (Zach) being only one of them. He does great quality wheels.

I am thinking of making my own wheel, does not seem to be that hard…

2 Likes

Zach does an awesome job. He offers DIY kits and fully built wheels. I opted for the R8 Barebones DIY kit since I like DIY projects and it saved some $$$. He is a one man shop though so the lead times can be a little long but well worth it!

Yes Brion Sohn does a nice inexpensive wheel for SC1.

I like the look of the Turn wheels. I like the integrated design so that it is not a button box and then have to buy a Momo, Sparco etc.
I bought one of the OMP like Beano has, but It did not like the feel of it. The side angle just felt a bit weird.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info
If you want to drive to the Washington DC area I have a motor mount you can use to get up and running. :slight_smile:

Do they wear down? That’d be a pretty neat benefit over suede grips.

You can also checkout SSRG for great quality handmade wheels. He is located in the Netherlands.

No visible wear at all from the 10 months I’ve had it :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Mine just came today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First Jose, congrats on getting the cube! 2nd sweet pics, and finally Companies just don’t take the time to double check things anymore especially when a customer is spending lots of $$$$$.

Thanks man! The SC2 is a beautiful piece of equipment. I understand that most of the resellers are small one man operations so I try to cut them some slack but it’s rather unfortunate that they didn’t double check a big $$$ order that is shipping overseas to the US. I’m hoping that the reseller can ship the mount to me soon.

Hey Si-Po. I have ordered the wireless GT3 rim of Simon. Is having it back lit standard or an extra you need to ask for?

Hi Mike, I don’t think there’s an option for illuminated buttons on the GT3 wireless, power draw would be too high. You can definitely have lit buttons on the standard GT3 or GT1 though.

1 Like

Hello, here is my HUB adapted to my handicap (left arm paralyzed) a big thank you to NSH France and more particularly Julien and Nico … mode wireless for SC2 Ultimate.

bonjour, voici mon HUB adapté à mon handicap ( bras gauche paralysé ) un grand merci a NSH France et plus particulierement Julien et Nico … mode wireless pour SC2 Ultimate .

15 Likes

when will this simucube 2 pro come?

9 Likes

That’s a very nice looking rim that I can’t remember seeing before. Can you give some more information about it?

Hi … Paul, actually there are only 2 of these steering wheels …
mine and that of Nicsos123 present in this community.
They are all made by hand except for the wheel used the sparco P310.
electronics run by the arduino pro and the display is a 3.2 "nextion
the paddle shifters and the back case are created by me via 3D printer. I started the project in early May with the hope of finishing it before I got the cube2pro … it’s over that the steering wheel has been over for over a month and the cube2 isn’t even the shadow … ordered June 6
Above the steering wheel there is another dashbord created by me …

3 Likes