Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

Looks awesome, I’ve got one on the way!

1 Like

I really wish they updated their wireless wheel to incorporate a 7-way funky switch. I ended up with a GT Sparco USB wheel for this reason but the usb cable always gets in the way. I counted the amount of buttons and it would add up to 28, so not sure what’s holding them back from implementing it in the wireless version.

In retrospect the blinking lights and the toggle switches in the top row kinda suck and are very limiting in terms of what you can assigned to them. Should have just been regular buttons.

Happy user of the simracingbay GT3 wheel here. Really loving the wheel. The new encoders are really great. (just like the rest of the wheel :smile: )
GT3 Simracing bay wheel

6 Likes

Hey Guys,

Looking more information in regards of this wheel:

https://www.ricmotech.com/rexing-formula-carbon-fiber-racing-steering-wheel

Anyone can share some information on it? It’s worth the money? Quality? I should be looking to another wheel with this kind of money?

1 Like

By specs, looks like no competition for that REXING Formula wheel.
Just the Weight and display worths that money, moulded grips, leds, loads of paddles, buttons… Like the real thing

Just noticed that Tomo added new products. https://www.simracingbay.com/product/srb-ultra-competition-wheel/
Any thoughts on the 130mm and 365g weight?
https://www.simracingbay.com/product/extension-for-simucube-2/

Edit:
Guess 130mm is ok.

1 Like

Damnnnn now that’s a bargain!

1 Like

I printed 14cm and it is very light and durable. It only plans to remove the factory QR

1 Like

I guess I’m using one of the oldest wheels around here. It’s a 290mm Momo mod. 26, covered in suede, which I got originally with my ECCI CDS4000 Monza F1 wheel in 1999, 22 years ago :crazy_face:.

It then transferred to an ECCI 7000 wheel in 2012 and finally landed on my Simucube 2 Pro last year. The guys at ECCI made me an adapter plate, so that the original 5-bolt Grant pattern would match the 6-bolt Momo pattern on the Simucube quick release. That must have been one of their final orders, since after that they cancelled the company.

I’m also using the original 1999 paddle shifters I got with the wheel, never even changed a switch.

9 Likes

Gomez is so cool and laid back. He builds everyone’s wheel live on his twitch channel.
https://gomezsimindustries.com/

7 Likes

Nice conversion, Joeri. I still have my ECCI6000 with original Grant white/black 350mm rim, as well as the paddle-shifters here.

Wondering if I should do a 5-hole -> 6-hole mono adapter for it :slight_smile:

I think mine dates back from beginning 2002, or end 2001, I can’t quite remember the exact date…but I think it was the generation after yours…

Thank you Phillip!

The mod. 26 is still my favourite wheel, that’s why I keep on using it. I also have the wheel you mention, except mine is a slightly older version with grey instead of white coverings. It’s from just before the 6000 series was introduced. Back then they called it the Talladega wheel at ECCI and it was an upgrade to the CDS4000. On the Simucube 2, it looks like this:

John @ ECCI was kind enough to make me two adapter rings :grinning:.

Yep, same as mine, except black with white on mine -> mine was also called the Talladega wheel…yours looking good :wink:

I will design and 3D-print an adapter, should be quick and easy…plus I have the original 2-button plate as you fo, but also a spare upgraded 6-button version.

I’d love to see the result Phillip! Great if you have a 3D printer (and the accompanying abilities…) to be able to print stuff like this yourself. :grinning:

Ha, will do once done. I fiddle a bit in Autocad and Solid Works, and I have a small Prusa MK3 here, it is nice to be able to prototype things :slight_smile:

Can someone explain how switching wireless steering wheels have impact on specific button assign in sim?
Let’s say there are two wireless wheels like Aschers F28 SC and SRB button box. If we assign buttons of F28 wheel than after changing wheel to SRB all layout will be messed up?

Yes, that is my experience. In iRacing I use car specific assignments that are for a particular wheel.

Most of the button assignments will stay consistant - buttons nearest to thumb etc, but there is no way to really be completely inter-operable.

I see. Maybe this subject could be improved somehow by simucube software? Some kind of semi - programmable button identification?

Thats a great feature on VirPil software (flight gear)
IIRC Program reads inputs as physical then you can remap that as Logical inputs by firmware rewrite, all my grips have same button numbers ( when possible)
Another great perk on VirPil software is that you can change device VID/PID and Windows device Name, so Windows and other apps sees like whatever hardware you want, just match axis and buttons order and there your go! Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T. sofware now sees my VirPil joy like a TM Warthog!

1 Like