Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

Probably going to hold onto this box. Sells it 2days later.lol…

thank you very much, in the end I ordered it due to the positive reviews. a big thank you to Tomo who satisfied me in everything in a professional way and a great sensitivity towards the customer.

2 Likes

Nobody except @Thomas_Berger thinks it’s fake, relax. Honestly, him calling it a Motamec isn’t even worth replying to and I can’t believe how many posts in this thread have already been dedicated to such a stupid proposition.

5 Likes

Congrats! I recently received the Sparco version of this wheel and it’s fantastic! I was worried the cable would bother me but I don’t even notice it.

Hi Bauer. Would you mind sharing what the motorside extension is? Looking for one to be better equipped in dropping screens on the steering axe. Buying 2x asher adapter seems very inefficient ( let lone the fact that they re out of stock)

Check this thread

SRM’s adapter is in stock and one of their new products also looks interesting.

But if you don’t want to use such adapters, there are other options. For example Simcore’s solution. Or DIY of course :slight_smile:

Had 'em out for cleaning and figured I would shoot a couple pics, SRB GT3 wheel on the right and a turn racing R20 with that limited run SRB BB pro 32 attached. Both are awesome, been rocking the R20 since it dropped

5 Likes

7 Likes

I opened up and took a peak inside of the SRB BB Ultra. If you’re interested in a more deep dive of the €399 button box from Sim Racing Bay, please take a look. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

A green simcore std-24ws+omp superquadro :grinning:

8 Likes

I’m really interested in the BB Ultra, but might go with the diy route by making 3D printed shifters and add a Fanatec SQ 1.5 H pattern shifter to the mix for the same price.

Enjoying the turn R20 at the moment without shifters.

3 Likes

Guys I’ve fanstec V2 steering wheel with my simucube 2 pro with SRM mod. I’d like to know if someone knows how to set on Iracing the two rotary on the left and right side for a value that start with 1 and end to 12, for example like TC o throttle map. I tried to map and it recognises 1 or 12 but not all gamma of numbers

I’m sure it is possible in ACC, don’t think in other sims so far…

The Key though is that the button Number output from the Fanatec MUST be in sequential numbers. This is if that rotary acts like a rotary switch… If it acts like an encoder it will only allow for dual direction.

this is the information on it that I received from David Tucker:

In the sim options, on the controls page on the left hand side there is a list of in car controls. Only a few will be lit up, those are the ones your current car supports. Click on those and you get a control mapping wizard that has a dropdown to choose between a sequential up/down mode and an potentiometer or button group mode.

In the sequential (rotary encoder) mode you will be prompted to set the up and then the down button and away you go.

In the analog mode you will be prompted to turn your knob through its range. If it is analog (potentiometer) we will map the axis, and if it is an n button rotary we will track the highest and lowest button pressed and use that as the range of buttons.

You can fake up an n button rotary by pressing 2 buttons on your wheel when mapping the rotary, then in the car pressing those buttons, and any mapped in between them will adjust the given control. If you press and release the buttons during the mapping phase we will assume these are momentary buttons so you don’t have to hold them down to make them work.

You can map the black boxes one of two ways. You can map the black box next/previous button pair to a rotary encoder (up/down button pair), that way spinning the knob will bring up the next black box. Or you can map each button on a button based rotary switch to a given black box (f1-f9). The problem with the second method is the knob becomes the only way to adjust the black boxes, you loose the keyboard control.

Hi guys.

Will both steering wheel plates, the Ascher B16M-SC and the B16L-SC work with the Turn R20 steering wheel or will only work the B16M-SC with the Turn R20?

Please let me know. Thank you very much.

See the wheel specification here: Turn R20 steering wheel

Thank you very much.

Does anybody here use the Turn wheel with the B16M-SC and can post a picture please?

In the simracing garage review of the R20 he shows both plates on the wheel. In my opinion the M is a better fit. But this is personal off course. The BB Ultra also fits, and is a good combi with the wheel I think from seeing pics on Inet.

Thank you very much for this information, i will look into it.

Investigating in this myself. I want to add a open wheeler steering wheel to the kit. Can’t decide at the moment between:
A) SRB Ultra BB (BF deal) + Turn R20 + carbon centerpiece
B) Ascher F 28 (also in BF deal @ simracingbay).

To me option A is the estethic beter looking one, option B however had nothing but positive reviews but not so good looking I think.