Simucube 2 SQR Extension

Ingenious and a far cheaper solution. Nice one :+1:

that’s actually a sc2 sport with hrs xero play qr…

Is there an extension that fits on the motor side using the SQR. I don’t want to change that but I also don’t want to put extensions on every wheel I own.

I am wondering the same, I just want to add a 3-4" extension so the front mount doesn’t line up perfect with my knees. I see most of these guys just a SQR on both sides of the extension shaft but that seems unnecessarily expensive.

Probably not unless you use Ascher adapter and 3rd party QR like Buchfink Q1R or Xero-Play.
Extra expense but cleaner and less bulky on a wheel side.

1 Like

Check this thread: How do I attach steering wheelspacer to sc2?

I ended up buying two SQR 70 mm adapters and only 1 steering wheel extension. And I can still use the stock SC QR.

1 Like

That’s exactly my problem. Especially with the dash mounted to it.

That’s exactly the same extension I have. I just ordered the 70mm adapters. I don’t know why more thought wasn’t put into making it easy to use common items like extensions. I really like the simplicity of the SQR but the need for all these adapters is a pita and just adds cost for no reason.

1 Like

And the extension in use is this one. It’s 4" and quite cheaper than one from sim-lab, the quality is top notch.

2 Likes

I bought the sim lab one back when I bought my rig just in case I needed it. But that does look like a nice piece especially for the money.

I have the 3" version I use for my Rally and oval rim works great .

1 Like

For anybody looking to put the extension on the motor Martin will drill his adapters for you so it works like it should. :smile:

Just recieved an email yesterday from Simon @ Simracing machines. He know has adapters on stock that make wheelbase extenson with reuse of SQR possible. You need 2 adapters for this. I orderd2 and will keep you updated on my experiances.
https://www.simracingmachines.com/webshop/srm-qr-adapter-for-sc2-wheel-base

I think that Simcore extensions ( https://simcore.com.au/accessories/ ) are more user friendly at the same price.
With adapters like the Ascher’s ones, You need 2x adapters + extension. No customs from EU to consider.

Agreed, be it that same price is not the case for EU customers because shipping costs.

The all in one solutions are awesome. But for those of you that want to use a seperate/different extension and keep your stock SC2 QR system, you can do it this way:

1st SQR 70 mm adapter to motor shaft > extension piece > 2nd SQR 70 mm adapter > stock base side QR > stock wheel side QR

1 Like

Just installed simracing bay extension hub… super nice and clean solution, thank you Tomo!

8 Likes

Hi Mika. If short extensions are recommended, what is the longest length I should be looking at? Thanks. Also do you recommend a motor side or a wheel side extension

Always motor-side extension, keep the QR as close to the wheel as possible……and from my experience, 60-100mm extensions are normally fine on these servos. I have used mine on a variety of MiGe servos over many years and never had any front-bearing wear, let alone failure.

Simply don’t use the wheel as a support to get in and out of your rig….

3 Likes

Would this be okay?

It says the it extends 80mm past the original shaft. But the overall length is 130mm. Thanks!