Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

Yes old revision. The Logo is the old one.

And that on amazon/OMP-site is exactly the same wheel i had im my hands recently.

Congrats Lee. The Superquadro is a beautiful steering wheel and has its own top spot.
Enjoy it.
(Btw is your Targa still around?)

I’m probably going to sell the Targa and B16M-USB now that I am using SRB GT3 and BB Ultra/Superquadro.

1 Like

You’re right it’s been revised:

This guy doesn’t use fakes.
Neither does Johnny Verhoeff.

Both of those OMP SuperQuadro’s match the “no break grip” of Lee’s wheel and other authentic OMP’s.
We can also ask Johnny directly @JohnnyV since he’s known for using only high quality components in his wheel builds. How do real OMP SuperQuadro’s look, mate?

Also JohnnyV sold it on RD:

He sold it, advertised it as a real OMP wheel.
Recent post of a JP race driver using an OMP SuperQuadro, paid over $250 for it:

Reseller in Japan:

Japan resellers always open up the box to show the real product, don’t use manufacturer images. It has the same “all wheel grip”.

Here a Lotus owner sold an OMP SuperQuadro, given how much his car cost, I seriously doubt he sold a clone:

Looks the same as Lee’s.
Do we need more proof? It’s a real OMP.

3 Likes

ciuao everyone, I would be willing to buy my first wireles wheel and I thought about the SRB gt3. can you confirm that the signal will be ok since I have the PRO first version without antenna in the rear? I would like to be sure of the purchase. thank you

I understand your point.
But it’s no proof.
The pictures at the OMP website and the same looking wheel I had in my hand is still different to the pictures you found.
So in the end I still believe the OMP Website.

Having recently purchased AR B16L, I adapted picture from AR website for TrueDrive, here with OMP Superquadro. Maybe someone will find it useful, or maybe it can be added to TrueDrive. OMP Superquadro

3 Likes

And here is the said wheel in all its glory. With temporary stickers, until I settle on the mapping…

4 Likes

In person rim looks thicker than on picture. Super nice. :+1:
We definitely looking at different OMP revisions.

I think there is a newer revision and OMP didn’t bother to update website. It’s nice and thick with great contours where you hold it, both front and back. It is hard to see those in photos.

The construction is similar to my Targa, also from DT back in July, but the Superquadro has even better contours, at least for my hands.

1 Like

I have 100% signal with GT3 R1, but I have external antenna aimed down. Hopefully someone without external antenna can help you.

1 Like

thanks for your help, how are you with the steering wheel? defects?

I like it a lot. I think the buttons are excellent, and good placement. The rotary encoders May be a little weak in the click department but they work fine and big knobs work well with gloves. The shifters are Ascher Racing. This is R1. Not sure how R2 is different other than what I’ve seen on website.

It’s a nice size at 300mm. I find the grip might not quite fit my hands the best. My hands are small and some more contour shape would help. Still, this is not that big a deal to me. My Superquadro is more comfortable and I can hold it lighter.

I’ve never missed a shift or button click. I was a bit worried about wireless and went wired for my first wheel. I do have external antenna on SC2 though. The GT3 wheel has stubby antenna too.

Service by Tomo is top notch. I bought my GT3 used and he sent me spare stickers when he sent my BB Ultra.

2 Likes

Wiktor, that’s some nice BMW badge inside, mind sharing the source?
It’s magnetic, correct?
Thanks

I sent photos, including of holographic authenticity sticker with serial number, to OMP S.A., as well as where purchased, and they got back to me and said looks authentic and that there are old photos out there on web. I pointed out that their own photo on their website appears out of date. We’ll see if they update. There is probably older stock out in the world too.

This was out of stock at DT over the summer, so I expect it is new stock.

4 Likes

i have Pro from first batch without antenna and it’s working great with SRB GT3(new one)

2 Likes

Hi Andrew, here’s the link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-pcs-BMW-Round-Logo-3D-Domed-Badge-Sticker-50-mm/372733960195?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
The logo has a chrome base, so the white part of the logo is silver, rather than white. It’s self adhesive (not magnetic).

1 Like

To whom it might concern (since i was tagged).
The picture on the official OMP website actually looks like a fake.
The real genuine wheel has smooth suede without breakes anywhere.
Probably all of the pics i just saw in this thread seem to be the genuine wheel

3 Likes

arrives tomorrow… cant wait

4 Likes