Skipped/delayed inputs from Simucube Wireless Wheel

I have been testing with the grounding plug and wire attached to my rig.
I haven’t had anymore issues yet. Ill keep testing and let you all know.

I have my HE ultimates grounded but not my P1-X, what or how did you ground your rig with please? john_something.

Can you post pictures how exactly you grounded your rig? I cant figure it out on my own

I have been stuck in second gear during 4 or 5 seconds during a race last week on Iracing

Sorry that comes on a F28-SC

Google Grounding Plug or Adaptor.
I bought that, plugged it in the wall, then ran a wire with a clip on end and a button that attaches to the grounding plug.

We are taking the recent reports very seriously.

Currently, I’m testing a firmware on the wheel-side module that will send debug messages at a certain rate, and Simucube will count if any messages are missing. This consumes a lot of battery, but I will take the hit and will buy some batteries.

For the moment, we have managed to cause just one message out of 4 million missing when the signal quality was < 10%.

2 Likes

Strange that this seems to be more common with the Ascher wireless solutions. I noticed the same thing happen to William during a recent live stream. He uses the B16L-SC.

Loss of connection happens at 1:08:40 into the video:

https://youtu.be/9WhM6vYwAt4

1 Like

I had exactly the same problem during the same time in Zandvoort in porsche cup

I had exactly the same problem (for first time) two days ago. I have an identical buttom box wireless of Ascher. In my case was in suzuka in lemans series. I had to switch off and on, and the problem was solved.
This button box I use since September and never change the battery.
No more issues for now

I’ve had this happen 2 times now during race, misses maybe every 20 shift. Have the Ascher wireless wheel, 6 months old.

So far it happend to me once. I couldn´t shift for at least 10 sec. after that everything normal.

SC 2 Pro/Feb 2020
Wheel: SRB GT3
TD Version: 2020.1
Signal: 100 %
Battery: 3.57-3.59

It would be valuable to know if any other features on the wheels also stop working.

No the problem was only on the gear

Yes, with the buttons too.
Sometimes I had delay with I pressed the buttons, but it s less noticeable than the shifter crash

Same for me. Buttons works fine

Same here when! I have an issue it is purely gear changing or lack of.

Possibly resolved for me:
Hi all.
For both my Ascher(uses SC2 Wireless) and Precision Sim Engineering(uses its own wireless) wheels I had the shifter issue.

PSE sent me another wheel to test. It too was missing shifts. For me that clearly indicated something was causing the issue on my setup.

What I have found is making the following changes has stopped the issues so far and in the case of the PSE wheel it was immediately resolved after making these changes. Still testing the Ascher but it has not yet missed a shift.

Changes made:

• Bought grounding plug with wire clip and attached it to the seat frame. As I thought maybe I’m getting static build up.
  • Moved the two SC2 power supplies more than an arms length from SC2 wheel base and the PSE wireless receiver
  • Moved both wheels usb connection from a powered usb3 hub to directly into PC
  • In my cable organization made sure neither of the wheels usb cables were touch or laying across any cable delivering power to anything.
4 Likes

Interesting. We have not yet seen conclusive evidence if, when the shifts are not registering or when they are registering with large delay, the other buttons/encoders work or if they have the same delay.

Any static charge issues should not be an issue but maybe there is something strange going on…

1 Like

We have not yet seen conclusive evidence if, when the shifts are not registering or when they are registering with large delay, the other buttons/encoders work or if they have the same delay.

This is true for me. When the issue occurs, all buttons/paddles have the same delay.