Simucube wireless wheel support

Simucube 1 (Augury 18nM) wireless communication test on my R5 DTM 2019 wheel.

3 Likes

Hi, today i tried to use my fanatec xbox universal hub converted to usb and i realized that not all of the buttons are recognized on it? If i remember well it worked very well 6 months ago. Perhaps it is some kind of driver issue i dont know.

Anyway my question is: is it possible to convert the fanatec xbox hub to work with simu 1 using the wireless communication? Is there anywhere an available kit for that? Or a diy tutorial?

quick answer is NOā€¦ as the USB conversion is a decoding process of the buttonsā€¦ However that being said if someone can program the USB Conversion chip to output different button signals it might be possible but it would be quite complex and probably not really worth it.

What if i simply remove the main board from the universal hub and i put the wireless module and the battery in the box and i connect the wires coming from the buttons to the wireless module? Those are simple buttons right? And they are having connectors which could be removed

I mean who needs the main board and the fancy fanatec programming in it. All i need are the buttons and the shifters connected to the simucube right? Where is the problem in my logic?

I have just learnt that sim racing machines is working on a wireless Fanatec converter!!!
That will be an instant buy!

Where is everyone buying the steering wheel wireless module? Iā€™ve sent questions to racewerk.com and simtechracing.co.uk and I received no answer.
ascher-racing.com has answered but he didnā€™t want to send me a board.

I think that the new customers are buying the simu2 so they are not potential customers.
Current simu 1 owners with mige servos I think are buying the simu 2 as well as an upgrade and they are not spending money on simu 1 addons anymore.
I am having the big lenze which is - according to my testing- as good as or better than the simu 2 pro (I had no possibility to check the ultimate so far), so I am not planning to sell it at the moment. I am planning to buy the wireless modul if the Fanatec is supported somehow. (I have lot of Fanatec wheels which are currently using the usb converter but the wireless modul would be a big step ahead)
So to summarize: this is not a big business, they are not selling a lot of wireless modules I thinkā€¦

But the wheel side wireless module is not a specific SimuCUBE 1 addon.

arenā€™t these https://racewerk.com/collections/simucube-accessories/products/simucube-wireless-receiver-adapter , https://racewerk.com/collections/simucube-accessories/products/simucube-wheel-side-wireless-button-plate-module the things you need ?

Yes!?

Apparently the board need to be programmed before shipping.
They do not respond to e-mails. Thatā€™s the problem.

I already have the wheel base adapter installed.

Is there a version with external antenna connector too?
If so, where can I buy one?

Only if you want any other configuration from the default. If you are a commercial wheel manufacturer (VAT ID requred), then we will sell you the programming tool + software with special hardware developer terms.

Yes, it is available, but it appears that some of our resellers havenā€™t listed that for some reason. There is an order code for that item, and they will know the code for itā€¦

Can you please make them list the item? I canā€™t really ask them for the order code when they donā€™t answer my e-mails.

Which reseller have you emailed to?

My previous post below.

Or even betterā€¦ point me to a reseller that does sell the board with external antenna connector?

Yes you are right.
Szabolcs

Do you have a solution for this? I need a wireless module with external antenna.

I think the resellers do not want to sell these because then they have to support it?

Hereā€™s a brief look at the progress Simon has made with his Fanatec wireless kit:

https://youtu.be/iBGXyo1ap2M

Yes. And even worseā€¦ Mika ask me who I e-mailed that didnā€™t answer back to me. Now Mika doesnā€™t answer.
It doesnā€™t look like I am supposed to get my hand on one of those boards.