SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Public Beta version 0.8.x bug reports

Its quite possible with my eye sight. I struggle to see the text without my glasses which Ive lost at the moment, Im forever squinting

There is definitely a bug in filter setting. If you do a on/off cycle or change profiles the filter setting are not the same that UI is showing (much lower, maybe 0).

You must click filter setting and press enter to get active the value that UI is showing.
I donā€™t know if itā€™s intentional but if you click the setting and press enter (but donā€™t change the value) you get message Settings updated-save to make permanent.

I think itā€™s important to get this bug fixed because if you donā€™t know this, itā€™s really difficult to find correct filtering values.

Japo

Just to confirmā€¦ I have to re-center the wheel before I jump in the sim for the first timeā€¦ Is this a known issue?

No, but please report if you have index-point indexing or indexing in relation to the initialization, and if latter, then if you have indeed powered SimuCUBE on with the wheel at the same position as you did the Motor Configuration Wizard?

@Mika:

Ok, this version is feeling pretty good, gave it a few hours of bashing and very solid. FFB behaviour at full torque settings also back to how I expect it to be, the numbness on full torque is gone.

Thank you, much better! No crashes, zero other issues in iRacing after 6 hours of intensive testing!

Cheers,
Beano

Motor has not been re-mounted since initial configure wizard, I turn on wheel and open the configure tool and 9 times out of 10 I have to re-centre

I think the wheel has to be within a certain amount of degrees off centre else you will have to re calibrate

When I enter iracing the first time Iā€™m pretty sure the MMC slider is not working. It starts at full power.
Then if I change the slider (for example 1%) and save, click test on iracing the max force is correct.

Hey Guys,

This is what shows after turning on the motor then opening the config tool

Your wheel has initialized in another pole quadrant compared to what it did when you did the motor configuration wizard.

You should always start the SimuCUBE at the same position if you use indexing in reference to initialization. However it is possible that the threshold between motor pole quadrants fall just into the the center point, and the wheel can initialize in either quadrant. To fix this, always start the wheel slightly turned to the left or to the right, or reposition your hardware on the motor shaft.

Or you can just use the Index Point -based indexing.

Thanks Mika,

So just to confirm do I need to off set the CAO within Granity?

Nope, its all within the Configuration Tool and also explained in the manual.

All doneā€¦ Cheers Mika

It seems Iā€™m the only one that gets this error, is it?

It has been reported that filter and MMC settings do not get applied correctly sometimes. Iā€™ll have a look at the recent changes in code on Monday or Tuesday.

Yea as Mika said with Automatic indexing you MUST have your wheel straight when turning ON your SimuCUBE or you will need to recenter as it bases index on the relative positioning. It does not matter when you enter the configuration tool it is in the firmware so it is when you power up.

If you select Manual Indexing then you will always have to turn your wheel after power for the system to index the same way MMOS required.

Automatic indexing allows use of encoders that do not have an index point signal and as long as you remember to have the wheel centered when turning it on the SimuCUBE will be ready to go.

Not sure if this have been reported before.

While in iRacing I did Alt/Tab and chaged Recontruction filter from 6 to 7 and Alt/Tab back to sim. After that the steering axis was reversed. Booted SimuCube and things went back to normal.

Is it possible to have restart button in UI ?

Mika, do you see the filtering settings issue at your end ?

Jani

Yes, this issue of forces being diminished / numb has been reported. I managed to see it too, when using high forces. Running with slightly lesser forces from the game cured the problem.

I also put it in the known issues part here:
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

I will get debug data this week to try to find the cause. However, it would help if I knew whether it is something that happens only with the reconstruction filter is on, as someone reported it happening with it at 5 but not at 2. My suspicion is that the bug is in the filter on IONI firmware, but weā€™ll try to confirm that this week.

Steering axis should definitively not be reversed. Were the forces reversed too?

Ok, only to check if itā€™s the same problem. I get this every time I power on the simucube and not when I cahnge values; it starts at full power. If I chage values and save it start working at correct max force.

Hello,
Jā€™ai beaucoup de problĆØmes avec les versions des deux programmes (Granity et SimuCUBE).
Granity est maintenant en 1.13.0,mais quand jā€™arrive Ć  mettre Ć  jour SimuCUBE en 0.83,quand je relance Granity pour introduire des rĆ©glages pour rF2,il revient en 0.81.
Ce qui rend impossible tout fonctionnement.Il est impossible de se connecter au drive via Granity.
Hier avec lā€™aide dā€™une autre personne,jā€™avais les deux programmes Ć  jour,jā€™avais jouer sur AC,cā€™Ć©tait trĆØs bien.
Mais pas bon sur rFactor2,cā€™est pourquoi je voulais changer certains rĆ©glages dans Granity.

Mige standard + SimuCube.

Hello, I have a lot of problems with the versions of both programs (Granity and SimuCUBE). Granity is now in 1.13.0, but when I get to update SimuCUBE in 0.83, when I restarted Granity to enter settings for rF2, it returns to 0.81. This makes it impossible to operate. It is impossible to connect to the drive via Granity. Yesterday with the help of another person, I had both programs up to date, I had to play AC, it was very good. But not good on rFactor2, thatā€™s why I wanted to change some settings in Granity. Standard Mige + SimuCube.