SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Public Beta version 0.8.x bug reports

I get that. Let me know if there’s any information I can provide you.

There is something odd with Damping, Friction and maybe Inertia filters.

When I turn on the SimuCube and drive first time (iRacing 911), the damping and friction setting are much lower than UI is showing.

I.E. I had damping at 5.3 and tested 911 at Mount Panorama, the feeling was quite harsh.
I changed the value to 5 and right away changed back to 5.3. Tested again at Mount Panorama and the feeling was much smoother.
Same behavior with friction filter.

I think this behavior was in earlier version too but I have changed the values quite a lot, so not 100% sure.

Jani

I think I had the same behaviour with the peaking and notch filter… so all filters are not working as they should? sometimes they are deactivated and a click into the value of the filter activates the filter.

I find it really strange that we have guys that think the power is down with 0.8 and others have more power.
some say the lowend ffb is stronger, others the highend ffb is stronger. what is going on!? :rofl:

we should know what servo is used.

me:

Lenze, more power, more highend FFB with 0.8

PS: the simple motion V2 com error is back. shows in the UI and Ioni is flashing again LSSS. It was gone before, first time showing up again today.

Does the simplemotion error increase during driving, or is there a specific action that seems to make it happen?

I implemented downgrading to default SimpleMotionV2 baudrate before enabling IONI USB Configuration Mode. If there is a fault in that command, something strange might happen.

When using the new firmware with (non supported) ETC2/ATC, the wheel settings now stays the same in-game and the delay when selecting controller input is gone, still no FFB. In v0.7x the wheel went very light in-game.

I have tested with rF2, AC, ETC2 and ATC and had no game crashes so far.

Mika, I don’t know when and why I‘m afraid.
The message about the fault in the UI is always there but the blinking ioni occured only once.

Hi,

i recently uprade to .8

I have a large Mige and the 480 PSU.

Everytime i drive hard over curbs or hard in the wall, the ffb is lost.

Motor faulted - off / on again and it works until the next crash.

I run pretty low FFB -> normally Granity 10A and in the Tool around 60%.

With MMos i never got this issues.

It doesn’t matter what iam changing… (Granity 25A) and Simu 20% or my old config.

I know its not the best PSU for the servo / motor, but im far away from max torque and in the past there were zero issues.

Sim : iRacing

Any Ideas?

Regards.

Your normal FFB in with 10A and tool at 60% with 0.7 would be the same as setting MMC via Granity to 10A and tool to 100% in 0.8. Nothing else is changed. So, this is a particularly interesting fault.

Which fault is it?

This is sort of something that i am testing on mine as well though I run MUCH Higherr MMC, I have sent Mika a couple emails on it… Trying to track it down… What settings are you running and what car in iRacing are you running?

I have also a few crashes at the start, but I’m not sure if it’s the new firmware: If I turn off the Simucube and start the iRacing session, it crashed anyway a few times without an error… Maybe it’s an iRacing bug.

Today I had also my first ingame crash while driving, no error was dispalyed. Again not sure if iRacing or simucube’s fault.

When our twins Sleep again, i will tell you the fault message - maybe tomorrow :-S

I loaded the GD drc File for the Big Mige and changed the mmc tö 10A.

In the tool i run about 60% Force and reconstruction Filter at 5. Nothing else.

Regards

Just checked my Coil inductance was back down to 7.08 after measuring it was back to its normal range of 8.9. Normally when I measure it changes by very small amounts usually as small as 0.2ish.

This has happen twice since Ive owned my SimuCUBE and both times with 0.8.
Coil resistance keeps is normal range so no problem there.

Would be nice if we could have the coil resistance and inductance displayed in the config. I could see if its varys over time.

OK Found my issue… and it could be yours (@Karsten_W) too but mine to me is very dumb on my part because I know better… anyway the fix for my faulting over curbs and off road at any and low amperage was a bad FEV setting on the Faults page in Granity… Mine was set to 1.25 rev/sec… to perform properly this setting should be around 6.0 rev/sec (mine is 5.98 now)… It turns out this fault is VERY sensitive and at even the slightest hint of over velocity it will fault which makes it feel as if the servo just shuts off (which it does). This happens even if to you the wheel doesn’t feel to have moved from stable and straight.

This setting MUST be set through Granity right now…

settings approx
100 for 2.5-10K encoder
2500 for 1 million encoder
7500 for 3 million encoder
12500 for 5 million encoder

resistance and inductance does seem to change slightly after being run and warm or orientation of the wheel. generally it will not alter that much but it will change.

I do not know if it has been reported, when use assetto corsa when I return to the box the steering wheel loses connection and I have to turn off and reboot the simucube

Glad you found it, because I had the same issue. I have set my ERN 1080 to 3600x256 to test it although not supported, I know. Every time I flew over the bridge at Lime Rock Park and landed a little bit sideways I lost FFB and thought it was the 3685400 CPR setting. I changed the FEV to 4x2500 and everything is ok now. Amazing and the car feels absolutely under my control.

But it should only change when you measure them.
The last time I measured it it was when I reloaded my original Tomo .drc in last week and it was 8.x as usually but when I look at it yesterday it had dropped to 7.08 by itself.

Hi,

I tried Today your drc File from the iracing Forum and it seems to be work, thank you!

I didnt figured out what makes the Problem with the drc File from GD - even the stock file (with reduced Power) doesnt working for me.

@all;
How do i see the Error message if i get a motor failure / fault. I didnt find it.

Then would i be able to reproduce the issue.

I forget to say; gt3 cup @ bathurst was tested.

Regards and thanks to all.

It shouldn’t but it always has. at least with the mine based on positioning of the wheel when the calculation was taken… I don’t know what your issue with automatic changing is UNLESS you have manually changed the setting and inadvertently scrolled with a touch mouse… I have done tat a couple of times with things… That “feature” in Granity annoys be because it can be dangerous to settings.

I am hopping that we can find a way to deliver the error codes via SimuCUBE… right now you can go to Granity without resetting the fault and sometimes it will show you what the fault ID is on the testing tab, Other times it will clear with the move to Granity so you can check the last fault line… but sometimes that last fault doesn’t quite pertain to what is actually occurring… So in essence right now under many circumstances it isn’t really possible to see real time what fault is actually occurring (only that it has).