SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Public Beta version 0.8.x bug reports

What does the Configuration Tool say? Any faults? Status disconnected?

I had the same problem, the steering wheel disconnects. Iā€™ve noticed, but maybe itā€™s just a case, which always happens when I go very slowly for example during a formation lap before the start of the race (Assetto Corsa).

Just a thoughtā€¦did you check in device manager under human interface devices, make sure all you USB input devices properties under ā€œpower managementā€, ā€œallow computer to turn off deviceā€ is unchecked.
You could also make sure of the same thing for USB hubs under their section expandable tree.

Anyway, worth a look :wink:

Yes, it is all unchecked.

In addition to reporting what the configuration tool says at the moment of the problem happens, please also report what the SimuCUBE status leds show at that moment. I made all leds to turn on the SimuCUBE board next to the power led if there is a hardfault resulting from obvious illegal memory access, buffer overflow, etc.

Yep noticed that as well but only when first switching or loading a new profile, however if you alter the slider at all it returns to the correct for current calculation (which isnā€™t correct to limitations). Mika has code that will fix this calculation ā€œhopefullyā€ but it is not super high in priority to fix the informational aspect of this note that has no impact on feedback.

I also had loss of feedback in AC. Emergency button helped. Donā€™t remember status, though.

It would then appear that the fault happens in IONI drive - my guesses are either over voltage, undervoltage or overspeed.

Iā€™m positive that I have no over/under voltage or speed issues. Itā€™s actually disconnected while I was standing on the track doing nothing, trying to setup Oculus.

I will check next time it happen, as I was in a hurry to get back in the race! I just reset power to the unit and got going after.

Sounds like some USB issues then. :thinking:

From my experience with USB issues, it may be worth noting Mobo / Chipset info to see if a pattern develops. There are some systems that seem more prone to USB issues than others (Z87 / X99 for example). Itā€™s not uncommon to see similar issues when using other DD-wheels either.

The weird thing is that I never had this kind of issue before I updated to 0.8.11. May not even be relatedā€¦ I doubt an USB issue as usually when a usb disconnection occur, you hear a chime. Also in iracing, when In the pit, outside the car, I donā€™t have the configure controller yellow message on top. Iā€™ll try to open the config tool next time it happenā€¦ Iā€™m not able to duplicate during a practice, it only happen during race when leaving my box after a pit stopā€¦

Next time I will check what error it was. I donā€™t think itā€™s USB - wires are very solid, short and fixed. But who knows.

Hi guys.

Since the first beta release i have a little problem.

Sometimes when i restart the pc i have to switch off and on my SimuCube that the Configuration Tool can find my MiGe Servo.

It was with the first release and is also in all other releases. Do you guys have a idea about the problem?

I never had this problem before with MMos and nothing changed on the pc.

Second problem or thing. When i start the computer and the SimuCube too the steering is always about 15Ā° on the right side, is this correct or should it stay in the center? This is/was also since the first beta release.

Thank you very much for your time.

Can you test whether there are 4 leds in total lighting up on SImuCUBE board when this happens, and whether unplugging and replugging the usb cable will help or not?

Did you run the motor configuration wizard and do you always start SimuCUBE with the wheel at center? It might be that the center point is very close between two different motor pole quadrants and you use indexing based on the initialization (phasing), so the wheel always phases in other quadrant than when you did the motor configuration wizard.

Thank you for your fast reply.

Iā€™ll try tomorrow if i can see the 4 leds and or if un/replugging the usb cable will help or not.

Is it otherwise possible that in my Granity configuration something is wrong?

Yes i did run the configuration wizard and yes, 99% of the starts my wheel is at center but then itā€™s about 15Ā° on the right side. Should i try to do the configuration wizard again? It will not help to change the center about 360Ā° i think?

Thank you very much.

You should start simucube always with wheel nudged slightly to the left, or start using the index point indexing via the wizard.

There canā€™t be anything in Granity configuration that would affect either of your issues.

Ok i will try this Mika, thank you.

About USB problem iā€™ll also tell you tomorrow, itā€™s connected direct on the mainboard usb plug, as it was before with the Mmos too.

Thank you for your time. :slight_smile:

I have also noticed the same issue as andrgr. Happens everytime I restart the PC. After restart I go into the configuration tool and nothing is showing. I power cycle the simucube and even though my wheel was centered it phases 90 degrees clockwise making me have to redo the index point again. Will test what you said Mika. Will report back in a few minutes.

Edit: Of course now when I am trying to replicate it its not doing it. If it pops up Iā€™ll check for what you said Mika.