SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Public Beta version 0.8.x bug reports

Yes, yes, you are absolutely right, I got confused when reading, I will proceed to change the parameters, thank you very much

It actually depends on how you use itā€¦ I actually Use it but I donā€™t use it constantly only when it is called for in iRacingā€¦ I generally run a .597 (or something like that) Specific output in iRacing but I do let the servo run out to itā€™s full capability when it is called uponā€¦

With the New firmware it is generally acceptable and recommended to set the Full MMC that your servo can use in Granity and then use the strength slider to adjust. This DOES differ from MMOS where it was not recommended to do this and the reason is that MMOS used signal scaling on the strength slider where the New SimuCUBE Firmware uses MMC changes directly so it is doing effectively the same thing you are doing when you go into Granityā€¦ So if you set MMC to 25A and then set the slider to 80% you will be at the exact level that you were at when you put 20A in Granity.

This also allows you at anytime to change the Maximum power when you want with ease.

Generally speaking when you raise the MMC you will also use additional filtering to calm the servo a bit. So while you found it to be rougher and harsher, Filtering is used to bring those amplifications into checkā€¦ Which also means that everything across the board is being amplified so at higher power you are able to feel smaller details more readily as well.

Ahh, thatā€™s why I noticed an improvement in certain aspects, but worsened others, the little detail I stopped feeling it.
A while ago I made the change based on your specifications and tried AUTOMOBILISTA and I felt the small details again, thank you very much for the help received.:wink:

This is something, as a non-technical person, Iā€™ve never really understood.

If the strength slider in SimuCUBE is reduced which directly reduces MMC, is not the MMC then less than the MCC?

In the past if I reduced MMC in Granity I would always reduce MCC also, to ensure it was a little less than MMC.

Is this not in fact necessary?

It can happen but after initialization it doesnā€™t matter if the MMC goes below MCCā€¦ However, for that reason I also suggest setting MCC at the Servos constant torque value which is somewhere around 8 fro the Small Mige and 10 for the Large.

Yea the different games are going to be considerably different in how the handle thingsā€¦ With iRacing it is completely Car Model Telemetry and Road Telemetry basedā€¦ they donā€™t tend to boost anything in the feedback beyond what is given through the modeling. Some other games do enhance certain details in their feedback (which is why Mika is working on the Direct Input filters now.

So, my parameters are poorly configured for a big mige?
What should I change?

They look OK you can up MMC to 25A and then MCC to 10A and everything else looks goodā€¦

If you have never done it you can also click on the Measure Inductance and resistance button to measure that for your servo specifically.

Otherwise you are good.

Thank you very much bsohn, I will change that parameters, and I will do the inductance and resistance measurement as well.:wink:

Since the last version, I have no more FFB with RaceRoom.
Thanks.
small Mige and simucube.

Iā€™ll try to test raceroom and F1 2017 this week.

Thank you !
With rF2 and Pcars2,all is ok.

Setting up SimuCube FFB in RaceRoom is a bit tricky. It seems there is a strong center-spring effect when starting with the default game-FFB settings. I eventually tracked down some recommended custom RCS file settings to use with the OSW and that works decent but, none of the additional effects seem to work (Slip / Engine Vibes / Shift effect).

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/page-15#post-126671

Without editing the custom-controlset RCS file, the curb effects and impacts are extremely strong and raised curbs may pull in the wrong direction sometimes. I know that Sector3 worked directly with SimXperience to solve some issues when using the AccuForce with RR.

Itā€™s also worth noting that the tracks in RR tend to be devoid of the fine details that we may be used to in other titles. That caused me to think the FFB wasnā€™t working at all, too.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Yes, very interesting Tomorrow, Igo try customize the RCS file.

They must use some Directinput effects that are not implemented yet.

I honestly think thats very bad FFB implementation, if torque is being calculated anyway.

Iā€™m not crazy about how RR-FFB works but, the lack of surface details leaves me wanting to add some engine-vibes to fill the dead-space. RR-FFB seems to be one of the most challenging to setup to get good results - especially with DD-systems.

If you can make sense of it and have it work well with SimuCube, the rest of the titles should be easy-peasy. :slight_smile:

I know that the estimated max torque is not correct, but I noticed something odd tonight.

Before v8.12 (and possibly v8.11) at 100% Overall Strength on my profiles actual max current was 12.86A and estimated max torque was 26.xx Nm. (Small Mige)

Since v8.12, without altering the profiles, the estimated max torque has been showing as 18.xx Nm. No worries I thought, as estimated max torque is not correct and has not yet been sorted.

Tonight, when I moved the Overall Strength slider away from and then back to 100% and saved the change, the estimated max torque was showing 26.xx Nm again. But then, when I loaded a different profile and then went back to the previous profile again, the estimated max torque had reverted to 18.xx Nm. I tested on other profiles, and the same happened.

Donā€™t know if this means anything, but thought I would just report.

I noticed that too and SKeijmel but didnā€™t give it much thought

New issue since moving to 0.8.11. Now once in a while, during a race after a pit stop, my wheel donā€™t work anymore (as I turn the steering and the car still go straight) resetting the simucube fix the issue(not really ideal during a race) never had that issue before. Iā€™m now afraid to start an official raceā€¦ really annoying